Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. He's f***ing glorious to watch when he's on top of his game.
  2. Archie Bradley and Brian Goodwin to the Reds. Bauer isn't getting moved.
  3. Of course they aren't right 100% of the time - neither is the eye test. It's about using the data to increase the probability of being right. FFS - yesterday he left Roark in when the stats probably told him it was a stupid move - and guess what? Roark got f***ing LIT UP and we almost lost the game. I suspect upper management may have had a little chat with him and told him to f*** off. If not, he may just be a little gun shy himself. I'm surprised there's so much outrage today, less than 24 hours after we were in the exact same situation and left the starter in to get lit up. There's also been a lot of outrage over using Font with inherited runners on base - claims about how he needs a clean inning like last year. We gave him that today with similar s***** results. Armchairs everywhere boys. Advanced stats suggest Font's just been really unlucky this year also.
  4. Font is basically the exact same guy he was last year. He's just had awful luck this year. BABIP of like .469 and a LOB% of like 45% In a short season - there's no time for bad luck.
  5. Damn - that was going to be my guess! I think I'm OK with it. Not sure Conine ever makes enough contact to contribute at the ML level.
  6. Most would suggest that selling the farm to 'go for it' as the 8th and final seed isn't the best decision. I guess you disagree.
  7. The reverse jinx - BR, you're a f***ing legend around here. Don't you ever apologize for playing 4D chess. Don't be the Tatis of the BJMB.
  8. We get it. You don't like the trade and have little to no concept of why the Jays would make a low risk, high reward move like this. It's pretty evident to everyone (except you) that there's a very high probability that Ray sucks and doesn't help the team this year. However, there's also a chance he regains previous form and can really help them down the stretch and into the playoffs. At the cost of Travis Bergen, this is a risk you take.
  9. Playing in the AAA Buffalo stadium should help our cause. Maybe he likes chicken wings?
  10. can you remind me of when he doesn't?
  11. How has he gone from a sub 10% K rate to 24%?
  12. It's like Atkins asked them to pay for their hand sanitizer and face mask budget for the season...
  13. here's a good breakdown with GIFs. https://www.parksperformance.net/2020/08/04/robbie-rays-changes-and-why-getting-shorter-is-not-always-better/
  14. he moved to a much shorter arm motion this year (ala Joe Kelly, Trevor Bauer).....obviously it isn't working. Anyone know if he's gone back to his previous motion?
  15. We gave up Bergen to get him per Shi
  16. I read an article this spring how about Robbie Ray had shorted up his arm motion (ala Joe Kelley, Trevor Bauer) this offseason and how he thought that would lead to vastly improved control. That hasn't materialized at all and he's been f***ing awful this year. I wonder if he's still sticking to it, or if he bailed and went back to his old motion. I think he's a complete wild card that shouldn't have cost much at all.
  17. I mean, sure because they still suck, but Rendon is f***ing amazing. I think it was an amazing signing. I wish the Jays signed him to that contract.
  18. I don't disagree, but Bundy is under control for next year so he's going to cost a lot more than Minor.
  19. I'm with you on this one Grant.
  20. Minor is like Villar. Potential to be a real game changer for a low price. However, the probability of that is probably only in the 25% range.
  21. He's never been a statcast darling though. It's also a SSS. As I said, there might be a 75% probability he isn't anywhere close to the player he was in 2019, but if he doesn't cost much, it's still worth the risk because the massive upside is there. We see players who transform into new players when injected into a playoff race every year. He's also just a good fit. Can play SS with Bo out, can play some OF (if we move Gurriell) and can play some 3rd (I think) if Shaw doesn't turn it around.
×
×
  • Create New...