Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I don't know what the hate for Odorizzi is. He was solid in 2018 (2.6 WAR) and really good in 2019 (4.3 WAR) before being injured last year. He's not as sexy as Kluber or Paxton and may not have quite the ceiling, but he's younger than both and his injuries last year (chest and blister) are more promising than the ones that Kluber, Paxton, Archer, etc. are coming off. That said - I'm really not sure I want him on a 3 year deal, but for 1 year, 1 year with an option or even a 2 year deal - I'm not going to turn my nose at it.
  2. what makes your think Odorizzi is getting a multi year deal?
  3. HOF time again. None of the 1st ballot guys should (ever) get voted in, so this seemingly opens the door for Schilling, Bonds + Clemens. I suspect Vizquel will make anther jump (even though he shouldn't). I really think they need to get their s*** together and get voting for Rolen, Manny and even Andruw Jones and Sheffield. I also have a soft spot for Billy Wagner.
  4. I doubt he does.
  5. Apparently the Rays may trade Kevin Kiermaier. He's owed $11.5 million in 2021, $12 million in 2022 and $13 million (or a $2.5 million buyout) in 2023.
  6. Nick Bitsko is having shoulder surgery. That sucks.
  7. Buster Olney of ESPN reports that four teams are showing early interest in free agent right-hander Jake Odorizzi. Those four clubs: The Blue Jays, the Giants, the Mets and the Twins. The 30-year-old hits free agency after being able to make just four starts this summer with a chest injury along with a blister, and he wasn't particularly effective in them as seen in his 6.59 ERA. He was solid in 2019, however, with a 3.59 ERA and 178/53 K/BB ratio in 159 frames over 30 starts. With teams likely not spending big money on free agents this season, Odorizzi may have to settle for a shorter deal before hitting the market again in 2021 or 2022.
  8. I don't think we should be adding Lindor or Bryant as 1 year 'stop gaps'. If we're ponying up the prospects it takes to get them, we need to sign them to an extension. Bryant has obviously had a ton of success and these numbers certainly aren't everything, but I just noticed his EV and hard hit % have always been pretty s*****. Barrel % was very high, but has been decreasing every year since 2015.
  9. I never said we shouldn't sign him. I was just pointing out he had an on-field 'incident' recently. I don't think Tito liked it very much and he never stepped foot on the diamond in an Indians jersey again. Just stating facts man.
  10. July 29, 2019 man.
  11. Is she the first female GM in all 4 major sports?
  12. The only way I think you can firmly claim the Cardinals were "sooooo smart" is if they knew Pujols was older than the birth certificate said or something. If Pujols aged like Ortiz, Beltre or Cruz then they would have looked foolish to let the legend go. He would have been finished his career with 110+ WAR and may have made a run at the all time home run record.
  13. Only in America can people f*** up voting this bad.
  14. the f***?
  15. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to be a fan of a team with two of the top 5 players in the league on your team + Ohtani and still suck giant bags of dicks. It would be huge for baseball if the Angels could have some success.
  16. Suggestions the Rangers are looking to move Lance Lynn. I wonder what the cost would be. He's a FA after this season.
  17. Perry Minasian has been hired as the Angels' new general manager, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. Minasian quickly emerged as the favorite this week as the Angels began narrowing down their long list of initial candidates with a final round of interviews. He spent the last three seasons serving as an assistant to Braves president of baseball operations Alex Anthopoulos, and before that he worked for nine years in the Blue Jays' front office and scouting department. BJ connection getting a shot. Best of luck with the Angels.
  18. Right, well there's obviously a disconnect in what Law sees v. everyone else.
  19. Badler clearly knows nothing about pitching mechanics.
  20. Man I really prefer to remain positional player heavy. The hit rate is so much higher. Draft positional players, buy the pitchers when the time's right.
  21. He was lights out last year. He's always had a ton of arm talent. It will be interesting to see if he can put it all together as he has a chance to be a top of the rotation guy entering his age 30 season. It's crazy to think he was DFA'd last year.
  22. I'd love to know how much money is put into bball programs across the US. To pay for coaches, shoes, court time, travel, etc. for leagues across all ages is pretty insane. For football, maybe coaching and extra development doesn't matter as much at a young age? I'd equate football in the US to hockey in Canada in terms of popularity and such. In Canada, you typically just get volunteer coaches at the minor league programs. Some are great, others are s***. I'm yet to see any kid simply play 2-3 times a week at minor league hockey who goes on to have significant success. For the vast majority it often requires $$$ for extra ice time, private/semi-private lessons, etc. and eventually a move to an expensive AAA travel team. I'd even suggest that to even make rep team at the age of 8 through 10 that you typically need to pump some extra money out to get them on the ice more and to give them extra opportunities. Otherwise they're destine for the local league program, which are mostly full of kids who just play for fun - no focus, no effort, etc. Edit - Hurl kind of beat me to the punch...kids simply can't start playing baseball or hockey at age 13 and go on to great success.
  23. Why are football and basketball athletes able to develop and excel in the US without playing for expensive high end travel teams? Or do they, but those programs are subsidized so families who can't afford it can still enroll their kids? I mean in Canada to excel in almost any sport, you need the $$$ for extra training and/or to join travel teams.
  24. And if true - might that not be why TLR's comments were what they were? Seeing as he worked for MLB, perhaps his comments were meant to be dismissive and were more based on his knowledge of the efforts being made and struggles to make it work (regardless of the outcome - this is a complex issue with many layers and issues). Maybe he was just a little sick of people complaining about it without knowing much about the issue and the challenges they are facing... But probably not. I mean if Adam Jones complained about it, it must be true.
×
×
  • Create New...