Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. But, but Buck keeps telling me that pitcher need to stop being so fine with their pitches. They need to trust their stuff and stop nibbling. Pete Walker tells the catchers to stop setting up on the edge and to come after batters. [all of which is clearly Buck's narrative to allow pitchers to go deeper into the game because he hates the way the game is played today, but isn't making enough money off memmo.com to retire]
  2. I mean he's clearly just pressing a bit right now. Probably thinking that a 3-0 cookie might help him get out of a mini-slump. When you're pressing and guys are throwing 96-97, then a low and away fastball probably looks center cut.
  3. How about a Rowdy bomb and we can forget about the save and the Romano/Mayza debate?
  4. This is tough. The guys has been so brutal lately that I lean towards taking him out - let him enjoy some success and build on it. Tough call seeing as we don't have many quality arms. Let's hope Romano has 2 in him?
  5. That's really stupid. The 'take' sign has to be on there...f*** Tim Anderson though!
  6. They....they aren't in bad shape man. You really have no idea what you're talking about and I'd recommend you stop.
  7. I agree - good observation. Little s*** like that definitely happens.
  8. Our bullpen f***ing sucks - I'm glad Charlie let him work his way out of that.
  9. because his mechanics were off and he couldn't throw it for a strike? Didn't Buck and Dan talk about this?
  10. When is Washington going to pick a new name? I just read their team is at about 50% vaccinated. f*** me guys. Too many hits to the head.
  11. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    I watched the last 10 minutes of Game 3 and I think it was the best 10 minutes of hockey I've ever watched. I was super high, but still....incredible (and I don't really like hockey).
  12. I think the issue is that while he doesn't really kill you anywhere, he also doesn't do anything well. He doesn't provide great defense or versatility. He doesn't kill RHP or LHP (which would allow you to slot him into the lineup at more opportune times). He isn't a plus runner who can pinch run or reek havoc on the bases and he doesn't provide power off the bench for late inning pinch hitting situations. He just is pretty blah all around and while he's never posted a negative WAR, the 0.4 he's accumulated since 2018 suggests he isn't overly useful. Personally, I prefer someone like Davis who provides you know is at least going to provide great defense and base running (despite his other flaws). If he could just hit lefties better (say wRC+ of 110-120) then you can give him his weekly start v. a LHP and continue to bring him in late in games for defense or base running. I think that provides more value to the team.
  13. This reminds me when they starting asking guys if they take steroids. It's like - yeah, of course I take steroids you stupid reporters - everyone is - it's part of the baseball culture and if you aren't, you're falling way behind the field.
  14. perhaps I missed this, but the Phillies DFA'd Scott Kingery, who cleared waivers, was taken off the 40 man roster and sent to AAA. He seems completely broken. What a fall from such a promising prospect. Lucky he signed that contract before he made it to the majors.
  15. Never heard of him - but f*** me. 102 games and 208 innings out of the pen in 1974 to win the NL Cy Young award.
×
×
  • Create New...