Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. holy f***...he's still pitching?
  2. what do we think the Angels are doing?
  3. I'm not going to lie - I'm still shaking my head a bit, trying to tell myself to trust Masai (much the same as I am doing to day, telling myself to trust Shatkins)!!!
  4. C'mon man. Chicken Little is your idol. It's your MO on here. Nothing wrong with that. You're still a great contributor, but you freak out a lot.
  5. At these prices, you have to ask yourself if we should have sold 1 more year...crazy stuff.
  6. To be honest - Marquez fits the bill as someone I would have expected to get for Martin and SWR. Someone with 3.5 years control. Oh well.
  7. shocking to see you overreacting like this. So out of character for you.
  8. I would have thought this FO had earned more respect from the fanbase.
  9. Dude - someone suggested the Jays probably don't value those 2 as Top 50 prospects. You said the rest of MLB does. I said you have no idea where each team ranks them and correctly pointed out that by MLB, you mean a bunch of media companies/writers....which is super irrelevant. If this helps you, MLB Network seems to love this for the Jays.
  10. I mean at this point, it's done. Jays FO has been great to date and deserve some faith from the fans. They know a lot more about Martin and SWR than we all do. That said, it definitely looks like an overpay from the thousand foot level. Unfortunately it appears to be a huge sellers market right now, whereas over the past 3-4 years it's been much more of a buyers market where you could land good players for next to nothing. Bad timing for the Jays. That said, seems odd the Red Sox got Schwarber for next to nothing.
  11. You have no f***ing idea what the rest of the major league teams think of those 2. What you mean is a bunch of media companies think they are Top 50 prospects (although they don't as must don't have SWR in the Top 50). The reality is the online lists don't really mean a lot.
  12. Did you miss that we just went through a pandemic? Ya think that might affect Ownership's willingness to spend?
  13. He's the 8th best pitcher in the AL right now. I'm not sure that's equivalent to a #3 starter (unless he was on the White Sox I guess).
  14. I think we have to assume that Shatkins has a good read on that situation. A much better read then reports and the general public. I'm still baffled you couldn't have gotten a young arm with like 3+ years of control for that cost.
  15. Really feels like this deal should have included a Kirilloff or a Royce Lewis - or another piece to help us now like Rogers. Some sort of bone.
  16. Dude - that only works if you assume we have an unlimited team budget. Berrios makes $6.1M this year. Who were you signing for that amount as a FA who's as good as Berrios (who also wanted to play for Toronto)?
  17. TB just dealt Deigo Castillo to the M's, so that helps.
  18. TB just traded Diego Castillo to the Mariners? This is insane.
  19. you know Berrios will be with us for 2022 right?
  20. For Martin it better be a massive team friendly contract like 4 years $40M. WTF man.
  21. Not moving Bard or Gray. Classic Rockies. Don't expect anything different.
×
×
  • Create New...