Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Dude. 148 wRC+ with zero bat speed is kind of legendary. Career 132 wRC+.
  2. Grant - would you have said the same thing about eliminating the takeout slide too? I think that was one of the best improvements made in my lifetime. I'd be interested to know why the players just hate long extra inning games. I can't imagine they find them boring. Higher risk of injury? Throws off their schedules (planes, buses, rest time, etc.)? Is it because they don't get paid more to play more (which sounds like something a union would complain about)?
  3. 8th best hitter in MLB since the start of the 2020 season. Legit beast.
  4. who the f*** is this guy? I'm getting a chub!
  5. Incredible stuff here from Ken - I was convinced that adding another player in return would make Cinny's return even shittier...
  6. what would the equivalent prospects have been for the Jays to get Winker/Suarez?
  7. Wasn't Carlos Baerga the first to break a couple of big moves? or am I mis-remembering because I find it odd that Carlos Baerga is reporting anything
  8. To be fair - this was exactly the type of deal we were discussing for the Jays - it would include one of their starters with either Suarez or Moose to cover 3rd base. We eat contract and give up a f*** ton less in the process. After getting Kikuchi, this Winker/Suarez deal would have been a near perfect fit for the Jays. Too bad!
  9. I overly love prospects, but I'm not sure I do that for 2 years of Ramirez
  10. f*** me - why aren't we taking advantage of this?
  11. I also hate seeing the face of the franchise let go due to money, but from an organizational perspective, it probably makes a f*** ton of sense - especially if they use the money they saved (from Freeman to Olson) to sign another impact FA. I could see them using that money to sign a Conforto or another arm or two, which would give them a significantly better shot at winning in 2022 and 2023 than signing Freeman would have.
  12. So we need to upgrade out 4th OFer (who on average will get 400-500 at bats per year). OK - I guess. I hate Grichuk too, but he isn't the worst option in the world. Most teams aren't running out a 3 WAR 4th OFer. I think we have higher priorities and unless we can move Grichuk, I fully expect he's our 4th OFer for 2022.
  13. This is the correct lineup construction for our current roster. The issue is he knows that Charlie is still our manager and thus Randel will start too much.
  14. That would also allow teams to turn their franchises around faster....although fair point about them keeping their payrolls down.
  15. Am I the only one who finds it odd that it's not even a point of discussion at the CBA negotiations? I mean heaven forbid we try to make the transaction component of baseball more interesting.
  16. Do we know why Urshela's power eroded last year? I have to think Minny is hoping the 2019/2020 bat returns, in which case, he'll probably be as valuable as Donaldson at 1/3 the cost
  17. Yeah that's fair. I just curious at age 41 what his motivation to continue is and probably assumed it was to win. $13M is $13M, but I'd have thought if he didn't care much about winning that he'd choose a better city at least (like a warm one). Also curious why the Nats would go after him. I guess to flip him at the deadline for a prospect - and maybe Nelly knows that's what will happen and knows he'll have a chance to win then too.
  18. Can I get the Cole's Notes on why trading draft picks still isn't a thing in MLB?
  19. It's kind of depressing that most think Ryu will just continue to decline. We got like 12 good starts and then 5th starter s*** for $80M/4yrs?
  20. Odd that Cruz would decide to sign with the Nats. He can't be hurting for money - why spend the year on a s***** team?
  21. I think he actually turns 50 in 2024.
  22. I...I wasn't judging Bo at all.
  23. Their strategy is to be the worst franchise in MLB. What they don't know is that they achieved that status like 2 years ago.
  24. Help - what was the transitional deal that Cleveland did? The Ownership is sold over the period of a few years? Lord help me - a new owner in Pittsburgh would be glorious. That team deserves better.
  25. Those are really cool angles. It's amazing that Bo looked completely overmatched and Vlad drives it oppo with ease. When I watched Bo's at bat, I thought to myself - f*** me - this is why players struggle to spray the ball around or bunt to "beat the shift" - Romano is f***ing filthy. Then Vlad comes up and hammers 2 pitches off the RF wall. The best hitters in baseball are just on another level.
×
×
  • Create New...