Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. OK - so you're firmly in the camp that believes overpaying FA's like Santander, Teo, Burnes, etc. is the way to go. We'll see how that plays out. I don't think building through free agency is the way to go. Never have (no matter how exciting it is to land a big name).
  2. I agree, but it's also just a reality of baseball. Teams go in cycles. Our cycle was 2020-2023 and then a failed 2024. a 4 year contention window is solid, yet unspectacular. The window has closed, time to rebuild.
  3. Raises the floor for next year and he "does" have potential to develop into a 5 WAR player if he can learn to hit as he enters his prime. They still want butts in seats and he's a 3 time GG winner. He also fills a hole at SS when Bo leaves. I suspect Horwitz has very little trade value.
  4. Make up your mind. The cost for talent is astronomical. Do you want them to pay up for Santander or not? We're not getting him for 3 years $60M. You either want him for $100M+ or you think that's insane and they should stay clear of that time bomb. The Jays aren't adding 2 bats to this lineup. They don't have the money to spend and nobody wants to sign here anyway. If you ask me, we're preparing to sell. Gimenez is overpaid, but it won't matter when we are rebuilding. He can take over SS from Bo and hopefully help protect our new young pitchers (post sell-off) with good defense and if he ever figures out how to hit (he is just entering his prime), then he has 4-5 WAR upside and could become a tradable asset. We're not signing Burnes, we're not signing Teo, we're not signing Santander, we're not signing Joc. We're hopefully signing bounce back candidates and guys on short term deals that have value at the deadline. The only thing we have to offer to a FA is a starting position. Players wil come here on 1 year, prove it deals, but nothing more. We may also see more trades like this - just to shake things up and I do suspect we'll add a closer - simply because we offer opportunity to close, as that door is wide open. They'll hope the guys they add start out hot so people fill the dome early in the year to drive revenue, but let's be very clear - we're not contending in 2025 - we simply aren't.
  5. Yeah - those f***ing morons couldn't see thru the 65 wRC+ production he was providing in AAA to see he was actually a 2.5 WAR player.
  6. Justin Turner's available still isn't he?
  7. It's hilarious that people question the addition of someone projected for 3.1 WAR season, but actually want us to sign Santander (probably for 4-5 years $100-$120M) to add his projected 2.5 WAR (119 wRC+ bat).
  8. Edman is 4 years older. The reality is we're back to the point where nobody wants to sign in Toronto, so we can't just "go sign Edman for 5/70".
  9. In all likelihood, we may need to replace the offense Bo and Horwitz were projected to provide, plus add more offense. No sense in waiting - you know Atkins will f*** this up.
  10. This team is cursed.
  11. 4th round pick last year. Hit well in A ball as a 20 year old.
  12. Save your eyes people - DO NOT go view Gimenez's statscast page. There's literally no evidence or indication that Gimenez will ever hit. The only guy with a shittier statcast page is Varsho.
  13. I'm dead serious. I think today has been a disaster. I hate the Yimi signing. Everyone around here HATED Yimi until he put up 2-3 good months to start 2024. I expect the probability he pitches like he did to start 2024 is like 6%. I think there's a 80% chance he spends time on the IL with elbow injuries over the next 2 years and I expect inconsistent, middling results. I would guess there's a 60% chance he finishes his contract having given us a 3.94 ERA and 0.7 WAR. Then we f***ing drop from 5th to 8th in the draft. Then we add Gimenez, who hits like Goins and we deal away a hitter projected for a 123 wRC+ when we NEED hitting. At the end of the day - I suspect NONE of this matters at all. The Jays are going to SUCK BALLS in 2025 and for the foreseeable future. Personally - I enjoy watching new young players, so it doesn't bother me much - but my kids won't understand this and may lose interest in the Jays/baseball due to this shitshow. f*** Rogers and their desire to sell corporate tickets to a bunch of rich *******s. Greedy f***ing ****s.
  14. Yep - nothing like adding a loser who's combined for -1 WAR over the last 2 years and throws 92.5 MPH. I guess someone is going to have to soak up 70 s***ing innings when we're getting blown out in 2025. Might as well be Sandlin.
  15. I think I'll just cancel my Rogers subscription. I will reiterate again - can we just fast forward to the trade deadline? Nothing we do is going to matter. We're a 4th or 5th place team about to lose both Vlad and Bo. What a miserable franchise and fan base to cheer for.
  16. I suspect there's a 95% chance this blows up in Atkins' face. Jimi will blow a handful of leads early in the season, land on the IL and generally provide little to no value. Meanwhile, Romano will save 53 games with an ERA of 2.25.
  17. He's a better hitter than Santander and won't cost $125M. His sprint speed is fine, so I can't imagine he's any worse than Tony defensively.
  18. Why would the Cubs move Suzuki? Are they just rebuilding now and want to strike while these prices are insanely high?
  19. It's a festivus miracle!
  20. He is, but that isn't surprising, given how little he's played there since HS/College. It's incredible how versatile he is. If there's anyone who can transform themselves from a RFer into an average defensive SS, it's Mookie.
  21. Indeed. Would be nice to stash him away on the 40 man/IL if we could.
  22. Someone just asked were Mookie is going to play in 2025...the answer is SS. Dodgers general manager Brandon Gomes told reporters at the Winter Meetings that Mookie Betts is preparing to play shortstop next season. Gomes, who added that recently-extended Tommy Edman will play center field next year, told reporters last month that plan was for Betts to move back to the infield next season and we now have confirmation that he’ll be Los Angeles’ starting shortstop heading into the 2025 campaign.
  23. You know full well it is. And I mean - it's probably true because a couple of recent ex-blue jays mentioned it and we all know Ross is keeping Yarbrough and Dillon Tate 100% up to speed on everything he's been doing.
  24. Why didn't Ross talk to anyone else but Soto before today? f*** me!
  25. I think it could be something like Minter, Soroka and then someone out of the LeClerc, Kittredge, Joe Kelly range. I guess Giovanny Gallegos is dead now eh? He'd be an interesting flyer if he's healthy now and perhaps spent the offseason at Driveline or something to regain velo. Give the rest of our budget to SP's or bats. Take your chances that someone jumps up and grabs the closer role by the balls.
×
×
  • Create New...