Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. This is the least shocking thing I've seen in 2024.
  2. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/ Great website for advanced stats.
  3. I saw bring it on. I LOVE following prospects and watching young players come up and develop. It's been painful watching the Jays suck balls at this for 15+ years. I'm so ready for it to change.
  4. Then let's trade him. He isn't going to sign here and his value is as high as it's been since 2021.
  5. Agreed - only I don't use Twitter. Despite all the ********, this board is still the offers the most advanced baseball conversations I've found.
  6. I've suggested this several times now, but the previous 2 regimes were also pretty awful at drafting/developing players. It isn't limited to just Atkins. No idea why - perhaps the facilities were a major issue? Perhaps it will take longer for the new facilities to pay off? Someone did post that the Jays organization had some of the best statcast numbers in the minors last year (on the hitting side I believe). I believe last year was the 3rd full year the new facility was open, so maybe it's starting to pay off? I really have no idea, but I can observe that the current FO isn't the only ones to have sucked goats at this.
  7. Atkins should be fired because Burnes wants to return to the west coast, where his home is? Tough to argue with that logic.
  8. 100% I think most were concerned that Lindor may have peaked and with the inevitable declines to speed and defense, he may be more of a good/great player than a superstar. Those concerns were elevated after his first year in NY, where he repeated his below average (for him) 2020 season and went a combined 770 PA's with a wRC+ in the low 100's. Kudos for him for turning it around and resuming his path to Cooperstown. The guy has found another gear in his age 28-30 years and one would reasonably expect it to continue for at least another couple of years. Hopefully Gimenez's bat has a similar turnaround (not that he'll ever hit like Lindor - but relative to where he's been).
  9. Highsight is so much fun. Can you imagine signing Vlad for $300M+ a year ago coming off a 118 wRC+, 1.3 WAR season and just 1 great season under this belt? I mean Atkins would look like a genius if you just blindly ignore the red flags and risks involved with that decision. Can you imagine if they locked up Bo for $300M after the 2023 season? ohhh lots of fun. Yet fans still have the audacity to suggest Atkins is a moron for not having extended Vlad and/or Bo by now - not only ignoring the huge risks those would have been, but also ignoring that those players would have had to been willing to sign extensions.
  10. Probably. I do remember a few years ago when it actually seemed like $/WAR was decreasing (I think when it was around $9M/WAR) - those days are likely over.
  11. New York Post’s Jon Heyman reported that a Cody Bellinger trade to the Yankees is experiencing a hang-up due to money. According to Heyman, the Yankees are interested in adding Bellinger as their starting first baseman with the knowledge that his center field defense would also give them an insurance policy in case rookie Jasson Dominguez isn’t ready. However, the Cubs are “asking the Yankees to take on nearly the full $52.5M Bellinger’s due over the next couple years, and the Yankees are expecting more cash coming back.” The Yankees can certainly take on that level of contract, but with Christian Walker and Pete Alonso also still free agents, it’s possible that New York doesn’t feel the need to give up assets and take on all of Bellinger’s salary until they’re sure he’s the best and most realistic option for them.
  12. ESPN’s Jorge Castillo reports the Yankees and Jonathan Loáisiga have agreed to a one-year contract with a team option for 2026. Loáisiga returns to New York where he’s been a key component of the Yankees’ relief mix since breaking into the majors back in 2018. The 30-year-old righty, who holds a strong 3.44 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 207/72 K/BB ratio across 219 2/3 innings (163 appearances) at the highest level, underwent elbow surgery back in April to address a right flexor strain and made just three appearances last season. He’s expected to be ready to contribute at some point in the early stages of next year.
  13. Only bad things happen to the Jays. Don't put any money on it.
  14. I know (although I don't think the pitching was really "elite"), but go look at the f***ing lineup the Royals were running out there. They pulled Yuli Gurriel out of retirement and put him directly into the starting lineup. It was bizarre and baffling how they could win so much with 1 superstar, 1 quality catcher, 2 elite starters and Erceg, who they got at the deadline for nothing...And their offense was better than Detroit's!
  15. To be fair, Braden Montgomery is highly touted. Teel is further along, but they could very well think Montgomery is the centerpiece of this deal. 12th overall pick in 2024 14th overall pick in 2023 4th round pick in 2022, who hit at every level and had 500+ PA's in at AAA last year at age 22 lottery ticket arm in Gonzalez For 2 years of Crochet, I don't think it's a "terrible" return. There is a lot of unknowns surrounding Crochet also (along with huge upside).
  16. I mean - I just watched the Royals and Tigers make the playoffs on the backs of like 2 quality hitters and a bunch of useless noodle bats. It "can" happen. I mean it won't in Toronto, but we have seen it recently.
  17. Astroturf? It's not 1987 sir. Turf as evolved a bit.
  18. His luxury tax AAV is only $8.3M this year. He's the perfect target for the Jays. He comes with club options for $20M in 2026 and 2027 also.
  19. I think it's time to package up Ricky T and bring on Luis Roberts to play LF
  20. Kirk and Varsho both showed a lot more with the bat in the minors and in previous seasons.
  21. I just wanted to point out that you sound dumb for listing bat speed as your first metric. That's all. I agree that Gimenez can't hit and likely never will.
  22. You know bat speed isn't a good predictor of success eh?
  23. It was always unrealistic to expect the Jays to be out there landing multiple big name free agents and plugging holes with the perfect fits. That also would have likely put us in a difficult position moving forward. But I do hear what you're saying.
  24. Man - that would certainly be a welcome sight.
×
×
  • Create New...