Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Yeah - when Alonso hit the big HR in the playoffs, I figured the Mets would find a way to keep him long term. He's pretty damn popular for the Mets.
  2. Do GM's always attend arbitration hearings? I'd have no idea if it's typical to send an assistant or not. The fact Vlad doesn't practice defense in the offseason says a lot - and shows a lot.
  3. I hope the Mets sign Bregman, Alonso, Burnes, Teo, Hoffman and Scott. I'm curious what happens if they spend twice as much as anyone else.
  4. The Jays? LOL
  5. He tried (and failed) to do this a while back...
  6. Hard to argue with this.
  7. Looks like a potential Tommy Edman type, possibly with less speed, but better infield defense? Nico Horner and Brice Turang also come to mind as potential positive outcomes. Then again, maybe those are the 80th+ percentile outcome.
  8. I was reading about this on the weekend and wondering about players who go to JUCO and then to the NCAA....never saw that as an alternative to the minor leagues. Is there any angle now with the NIL money where players would prefer that v. making jack s*** in the minors? It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
  9. 100% agree. My apologies for taking the bait too often. It's ironic that you've brought this up, as just this morning I made the decision to add them back to the ignore list to try and remove myself from the issue. I had them on ignore for a long time, but made the mistake of removing them at some point. That was my mistake - if I wanted to read that nonsense, I'll go to Facebook next time. I agree it's ruining the board and I want no part of it.
  10. This place is going to resemble Facebook soon with these 3 making half the daily posts.
  11. I'm in full agreement with this. Just hoping Atkins does the right thing in setting up the next regime as best they can.
  12. I googled what a group of Blue Jays is called and I came up with Blue Jays Party Blue Jays Band Blue Jays Scold Blue Jays Flock Band of Blue Jays? Blue Jays Intelligentsia?
  13. I agree. This is frustrating as f***.
  14. Barf - that's really expense for a 39 year old coming off a dead cat bounce.
  15. Naylor to the Diamondbacks
  16. Admin - appreciate everything that you and others have done to create this community. Happy holidays to you and your family.
  17. 100% One of the best ever. It's crazy to think he died after a bout with pneumonia. RIP
  18. Tons of risk in this approach. The last few Rizzo years have been challenging already.
  19. I think that goes without saying ..100%
  20. I'd agree on sunk costs for Bregman. Teo at 3 years shouldn't be too bad. The prospects we receive for Bo would hopefully give us enough to get Robert (although his value may have dropped already following a terrible 2024). But yes - overall, this is likely a bit of a pipe dream scenario...
  21. Yeah - after 4 years in a coffin. Dead cat bounce. Votto had 1 too.
  22. You're not adding a frontline SPer to this. No budget for it.
  23. That's why I said it's Russian Roulette. Miggy died at age 34, Votto died at age 35, Carlos Santana died at age 34. But Freeman won WS MVP at age 34 - so who knows.
×
×
  • Create New...