Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. That's a good question. If we're talking $375-$500M without deferrals (or if that's the equivalent after deferrals) then I suspect the answer is it's in line with the option of trading him and would depend on what you could get for him... And I fully expect that's where "his number" is at - in that range.
  2. What's he worth? Does he get a blank cheque from you? What does "f***ing this up" even look like? I remember one of the last times we extended our own home grown talent - his name was Vernon Wells and it was a f***ing disaster. Oh I remember another time - Ricky Romero....same result. Not suggesting that history means you should never extend your home grown talent, but nobody should be insinuating that signing Vlad is the only right answer.
  3. That has to be one of the worst Super Bowls in a very long time. Most were disappointed with the matchup to start with, then to have a complete blow out with no reason to even watch the 2nd half? Ouch. They need a new script!
  4. Odd from such a sh*tty organization that nobody wants to play for.
  5. I don't know why. Can you explain what you're getting at?
  6. I think the probability of some of those events is higher than 50%. But fair, based on the math, it's still a low chance all those events happen. I would also opine that I'm not sure all those things need to happen for us to make the playoffs - and there's also other good events that could happen that would increase our odds (like one of Orelvis, Wagner, Roden, Barger breaking out). That said - I'm not optimistic about our chances. The baseball gods don't seem to like the Jays these days.
  7. If there's any silver lining - you could say the same thing about Detroit and KC last year (they both really only had 2 above average hitters) and they both made the playoffs.
  8. Bold Prediction Time The Jays aren't adding Bregman and won't add anyone else of significance this offseason. They will start out slow offensively (as most teams do at the start of the year, when it's still cold) and Jays fans will brag about how they told everyone the Jays needed 2 big bat and Atkins failed. We'll tread water before ultimately falling out of contention by late June (which was probably a long shot anyway) and then we'll start the fire sale. Bo will be gone, Gausman, Varsho, Bassitt, Max, maybe Kirk - all gone. Atkins fired at the end of the year. Shapiro probably leaves for greener pastures. The only thing I'm unsure about is whether they extend Vlad or not. We'll find out soon enough I guess. Perhaps that's not even a bold take. I think the likelihood of this happening is pretty high.
  9. For sure - I think there were predictions he could get even more than that. $12-15M even. Not many go to the Angels and succeed. We'll see if he can change the trend. Good little pickup for them I think.
  10. I don't think there's much chance we land him - unfortunately.
  11. That's a pretty solid price to see if he has anything left.
  12. I think it's just different perspectives of what "cheap" is. He's coming off an 84 wRC+, 0.5 WAR season. Nobody wants to be paying $15-$20M for that. There's just so much variance in his outcomes and so many injury concerns that his contract doesn't have the excess value it did after the 2023 season. I do think the price to acquire him has come down significantly, which is why I now think the Jays have a shot to land him. I think we can build a package around RT and land him. I don't think it's going to take Nimmala, RT and Yesavage (or something like that) to land him.
  13. Yeah - that would generally be my response (although I do want to see Wagner get a shot this year). I don't think adding JDM is critical at this point. I'm OK starting the year with Wagner/Orelvis/Barger/Roden getting a chance to prove they can be ML regulars. I think there's a good chance one of them is already better than JDM. I also figured if we signed Alonso, that he would DH a lot. I don't like Vlad at 3rd much at all.
  14. Yeah - I still like this option (even if I don't like weakening the farm system). I expect Bregman to sign in Detroit or back in Houston still. I don't think he comes to Toronto. I could see us add a DH type like JDM, or just go into the season with what we have and see what guys like Orelvis/Barger/Roden/etc. can give us as a starter. Not ideal, but not catastrophic either.
  15. That's an odd conclusion. I mean I doubt we offered him 5 or 6 years, but I think it's reasonable to think we offered him a 3 or 4 year deal in the $70-$100M range and he decided to stay with the Mets on a 1 year $30M pillow deal.
  16. 2 years $54M
  17. I didn't love the fit - but I loved the bat. f*** sakes.
  18. Not concerned at all. The guys seem to know baseball. Looks like there is a group that rotate around and write a lot. Seemingly with aliases.
  19. Orioles signed OF Ramón Laureano to a one-year, $4 million contract with a $6.5 million club option for 2026.
  20. I hear you - adding another bat now would be preferred. I'm just saying that if it doesn't happen, it's not catastrophic or a massive failure. We still have a good team and lots will change as the season unfolds.
  21. I'm just saying you can add another big bat during the season via trade. We may also be surprised by an unexpected breakout season. There is always a chance someone like Orelvis, Wagner, Barger or Rodon breakout and provide that offensive punch we need to be a true contender.
  22. We can start the year without another big bat. It's not ideal (as it limits out options to trades only), but it's also not the end of the world IMO.
  23. Yeah - looks like we read the market pretty good after all.
  24. Does BRef even predict the WAR outcome for each player?
×
×
  • Create New...