Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I don't buy this at all. It's very common for negotiations to go down to the last minute. Most feel you won't get their best offer until that pressure is on.
  2. Assessing the Blue Jays' offseason plan and execution https://thescore.com/mlb/news/3216725 ----------- Interesting little article. Says Fangraphs has us projected for 91 wins and PECOTA is less optimistic at 85 wins. I'm comfortable going into the season as is. But they need to be ready to make adjustments promptly.
  3. I suspect we're not resigning him? Seems pretty obvious he doesn't want to stay here long term. If we're good this year, we'll probably keep him and lose him for nothing like the Astros just lost Bregman. If we suck, he's traded at the deadline - hopefully after restoring his value.
  4. I think what he's trying to say is the signs from other teams were fairly easy to "crack". All teams were using video to pick up patterns and steal signs from other teams. This allowed the guy on 2nd base to relay the sign to the batter (if he could see and pick up on it). The Astros just took it a large step further by picking up the signs from TV and relying that info to the batter. Obviously that was easier when nobody was on-base and catchers weren't using as complicated sign sequencing.
  5. Bo isn't a good defensive SS, but I'm not convinced Gimenez is going to be light years ahead of him. If that were true, why didn't Cleveland play Gimenez at SS over Roserio? Roserio's always been a worse defender at SS than Bo is.
  6. Interesting. I don't hate Bregman for 3 years $96M. I'd be ok with that.
  7. Yikes. Thanks for the heads up.
  8. I'm confused? I just cut and paste from Rotoworld. Is nothing showing up?
  9. We did the stadium tour too - it was awesome.
  10. I disagree with your first paragraph - if they get into the playoffs than they are contenders. And a 90 win team is clearly a contender - the 2015 Jays won just 3 more. But I completely agree with your second paragraph.
  11. Man - that's a huge offer too. I can't imagine the Jays were ever that close with Bregman.
  12. Oh man. I went to a couple of games back in 2011 and it was a great experience. Perhaps things have changed?
  13. Yeah - there's a chance that Bassitt isn't worth much on the market, because you can get better for less $$$ on the free agent mark.
  14. 100%. Came here to say the same thing.
  15. I expect them to go into the season with what we have. They may just need to be prepared to pull off a trade if the grouping of Wagner, Orelvis, Barger, Roden aren't producing early on. Or if we get hit by the injury bug.
  16. I'm not sure there are many options left (via free agency) who project to be difference makers at DH. I think we have as good of a chance to find someone who can hit at an above average clip (say >110 wRC+) internally between Wagner, Barger, Roden, Orelvis, etc. And yes, his projection do seem optimistic.
  17. We're not getting another big bat. Prepare yourself for that. This team probably isn't going to score a lot of runs again this year. We might crack the Top 10 if a number of things fall into place, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  18. Driveline Baseball (@drivelinebaseball) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 45 likes, 0 comments - drivelinebaseball on February 11, 2025: "No amount of virtual @richardlovelady can prepare... Little video of our boy - Dick Lovelady working at Driveline
  19. I suspect this is true, unless his market completely disappears and he's left with a Chapman type deal (from last year).
  20. He'll be a good long man out of the pen in AAA for the Dodgers.
  21. Yankees signed LHP Tyler Matzek to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Matzek fortifies New York’s left-handed relief mix after being limited to just 11 appearances last year due to elbow inflammation. The 34-year-old southpaw was a high-leverage fixture for the Braves during their 2021 World Series title run, but injuries have derailed his career over the past three seasons. He’ll compete for a spot in the Yankees’ season-opening bullpen during spring training and figures to make an impact, if he stays moderately healthy. Wish the Jays would have been able to bring Matzek in on a minor league contract / spring training invite...oh well.
  22. Kenley Jansen is signing with the Angels, according to the New York Post’s Jon Heyman.
  23. MLB.com’s Mark Bowman reports Spencer Strider (elbow) could be ready to make his season debut in late April. It’s not an official return timetable, but there should be some clarity from the Braves in the coming days. Bowman adds that Strider has been throwing bullpen sessions and might be allowed to make at least one Grapefruit League appearance during spring training, which puts him on track to return to Atlanta’s starting rotation by late April, barring any setbacks.
  24. Blue Jays signed C Matt Whatley to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training. Whatley heads to Toronto as extra organizational catching depth for Triple-A Buffalo after spending the previous four years in the Rangers’ system. The 29-year-old backstop was a third-round selection in the 2017 MLB Draft out of Oral Roberts University and hasn’t ascended to the majors. He compiled a lackluster .199/.295/.319 triple-slash line with five homers and four steals in 164 plate appearances last year for Triple-A Round Rock.
  25. Wow - someone is out of things to write about...
×
×
  • Create New...