Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. POTY candidate right there Term. Great use of the .gif. RIP Hulk. Feels like a part of my childhood died. It's awful.
  2. Is this the funniest time to be a Jays fan or what?
  3. I'm surprised there's not more discussion on this. I know it's a crap shoot with these guys, but we gave him a ton of money. Big potential obviously. https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/toronto-blue-jays-reportedly-strike-record-breaking-multi-million-dollar-deal-with-14-year-old-star
  4. No guarantee. He's not an ace. He's a quality arm that would help both this season and in future seasons. That's the draw. Could he get hot, or could Walker make some adjustments that allows him to shove down the stretch and be a top of the rotation arm for the playoffs? That's a possibility. Not overly high though, maybe 25% chance that happens. He's more of a low risk, lower reward guy (v. deGrom). Sandy is similar to Keller, but he has higher upside. I think he's the best target if it's going to take a Top 3 prospect to land either.
  5. As a follow-up, we went to the Mud Hens game last night. The stadium is really nice and they seemingly support the team well. Attendance was 10K+. It's obviously the crowning jewel of Toledo. They played the Cards AAA team and JJ Wetherholt looks incredible. He was 3 for 4 and continues to carve up the minors. Troy Melton came in the pitch in relief for the Mud Hens and he was electric. 98 MPH 4 seamer, 88 slider and 78 curve ball. He could be a weapon for the Tigers down the stretch.
  6. I'm in Toledo for my kids ball tournament. I think the Tigers have an inherent advantage. If you're in Toledo - you're going to be super focused on playing well so you can leave Toledo. What a sh*thole.
  7. He looks like a lost cause. It happens. These kids move to another country, away from their home and family. They are also becoming adults and there are all kinds of new distractions that may impact their development. Too bad though.
  8. That sounds like the same scouting report for my oldest boy.
  9. I thought I heard them say a bunch of the players were already undressed and perhaps already left? Judge included? I did see one player back on the field in his casual clothes (I forget who). That seems odd/wrong to me. I wouldn't have thought players would have hit the showers after they came out of the game. I guess if you've been there and done it a bunch of times, but you never know when it's your last all-star game and I'd want to soak it all in and be there, present and in the moment for the whole thing personally.
  10. A home run derby to break the tie? Unreal. It's certainly fun, but I don't know...
  11. Wow - Kwan ties it. Speed kills. What a comeback!
  12. Dude is the next great superstar and Davey doesn't get him into the game for a couple at bats. Too bad - but so many good stories - it's not easy.
  13. Unreal defensive play by the hometown guy Olson...
  14. Blue Jays Centre (@bluejayscentre) • Instagram photos and videos WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 8,596 likes, 81 comments - bluejayscentre on June 24, 2025: "Alek Manoah has is on route! The former Cy... I know it's super early to get excited, but this is certainly good news. O
  15. The Athletic’s Will Sammon reports that free agent RHP David Robertson is throwing for interested teams “within the next week.” Robertson pitched for the Rangers last season, posting a 3.00 ERA in 72 innings with a 99/27 K/BB ratio. From 2022-24, the 40-year-old averaged 63 appearances per season with a 2.82 ERA, so he has proven that he still can be a quality reliever at the big league level. While many teams were interested in Robertson earlier in the season, the veteran held firm to his contract demands and, as Sammon reports, “clubs failed to meet his asking price.” With the season nearing a close, Robertson’s salary demands are likely to be more acceptable to contenders, so it would not be a surprise to see him sign with a team by the end of the month.
  16. Interesting draft (not that I have any clue). Seems like we took a lot of underslot SRs and lots of arms. Hopefully it works out. Kind of blah if you ask me (which you shouldn't).
  17. The Just Baseball Show (@justbaseballshow) • Instagram photos and videos WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 3,217 likes, 30 comments - justbaseballshow on July 14, 2025: "What swing changes have led to Cal Raleigh... That's a good breakdown of the swing changes he's made...
  18. Hopefully this is a great move for TB and MLB in general (as sh*tty as it may become for the Jays). Now sell Pittsburgh please.
  19. Karson Ligon - 4 year SR RHP in the 9th Another under slot guy I guess. Meh
  20. Jays take Dylan Watts in the 7th round. RHP from Auburn. Pitched in relief this year. https://www.fangraphs.com/players/dylan-watts/sa3044877/stats?position=P Rocking a solid 7+ ERA over 2 seasons in college.
  21. Bold move for him to hold out for enough $$$ that nobody will draft him. We'll see if his arm holds up in college or not. And yes, he was named after the fictional character in the show 24.
×
×
  • Create New...