Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Jays Centre meme of the year...
  2. It would be amazing if Josh Smith returns to a 110 wRC+ utility infielder. Offense certainly needs it.
  3. Man - it must be fun watching the Cubs. Only 2 guys who are below league average with the bat, and they are 3.4 and 2.5 WAR players!
  4. I'd use this to get him out early. We're going to need to push him in other games this month...
  5. It's great to see that even a broken clock is right twice a day!
  6. When your options are brutal v. sh*tty - I suspect the manager breaks the tie by choose run prevention/defense. The incremental chance that McAdoo runs into one is probably smaller than the likelihood that Straw or Gimenez make some impactful defensive play that someone else doesn't.
  7. The answer is political, so we can't continue, but you're obviously right. I've never taken any of my boys to a Raptors game, even though I love the Raps. The f*cking prices are essentially the same as the Leafs now - which never used to be true. If I'm going to spend that money, my kids would prefer a Leafs game, so that's what we do. I can't afford to take my family to a Leafs game, so it's usually just one of them, once a year. It's gross, but billionaires run the world and rich people set ticket prices.
  8. McAdoo is 2 for his last 22. This is the worst Blue Jays offense in the past 30 years. ALL THE OPTIONS TO PUT IN THE LINE UP SUCK HAIRY BALLS. You'd think this is the first game you've seen all year.
  9. I mean, Kyle Tucker is making $60M this year alone. It's also incredibly stupid of the players to lose this momentum. If the PA was fighting to have minor leaguers, rookies and young players in the league making more - I could support that. And I know they do to some extent, but their primary focus is getting the top players stupid rich. It's millionaires fighting with billionaires, while it costs me like $800 to take my family of 5 to a Jays game where we sit in the outfield seats. Both the players and the owners are greedy c*nts - F*CK THEM BOTH!
  10. Casey Mize has been getting his tits lit with the Padres. In 6 starts his ERA is like 6.50+. Walks are way up, K's are way down, HR rate has skyrocketed.
  11. I think I support this. It's time to try something different whether it's deserved or not. Popkins has to go too though. The Jays had one of the best offenses in baseball in 2021 and slowly changed the roster towards more pitching/defense - and yet fans still blamed Martinez for our offensive struggles. Popkins lead one of the best offenses in baseball last year and we essentially rolled it back this year and now we're the worst offense in baseball - therefore it seems obvious fans should loathe his presence in the dugout and want him gone too. Injuries to Tony, Barger, Kirk and Springer can't be the scapegoat. Like seriously, is this the worst Blue Jays offense of all-time? I think given the payroll and expectations, it most certainly is. Worst offense in 50 years? Easy decision - fire the guy. Bring in some new punching bags so fans can b*tch and complain about the same stuff you always do. Maybe a new mixture will help? Sometimes it does!
  12. Just asking, but is trying to kill someone with a gun an issue in the DR? Like is EE going to jail for attempted murder?
  13. I think you should get used to it. It's a big part of his arsenal, because he has no power.
  14. Sorry - I also meant from a high K%, high BB% perspective. Jays clearly believe they can turn great stuff/poor command pitchers into great stuff/acceptable command pitchers.
  15. This is exactly the type of player the Jays have been targeting. He's like a carbon copy of Fisher.
  16. Ew - starting Straw tonight is gross. But, Robert has an 82 wRC+ v RHP over the last 3 years. You also don't want him to starting in LF v. Gavin Williams.
  17. Yes - he bought the team in 2003.
  18. The Angels are being sold to Los Angeles Rams and Denver Nuggets owner Stan Korenke, reports the Los Angeles Times. Wow. The reign of Arte Moreno is over, or at least will be in the first quarter of 2027. There was no word that the Angels were again up for sale. Moreno put the team on the market in Aug. 2022, but with no suitable offers, he announced five months later than he’d keep the club. The sale seems like great news for Angels fans. Kroenke hasn’t been quite as generous with the Nuggets’ finances as some would like, but his teams, which also include the Colorado Avalanche, certainly tend to have more success than the Angels have enjoyed. So much for dumping Vlad and his massive contract on Arte Moreno and the Angels. I have to think this is good news for LAA.
  19. These comparisons require consideration for the years/AAV required to sign them. 3 years $70M for Suzuki/Randy v. 5 years $150M for Jazz has to be factored in. Of course I'm just making those numbers up, but it's a huge factor IMO. If it takes 4 or 5 years to sign Suzuki/Randy and only 5 or 6 years to sign Jazz, then that favors Jazz a lot.
  20. As you were saying Term? Robert Jr would probably get hurt boarding the plane to come to Toronto.
  21. He'll be entering his age 29 season, coming off a 4.1, 4.3 and probably a 3.5 WAR season over the past 3 years. Isn't he going to get a 5 or 6 year deal worth $30M+ AAV? I just can't see that being a good investment. I do agree he's a good fit, but he's just too douchy for me - and I don't love the idea of another LH hitter, who can't hit lefties at all.
  22. I hate Jazz so much that I may denounce my allegiance to the Blue Jays if they sign him.
×
×
  • Create New...