Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa3010692&position=3B/SS Orelvis Martinez is off to a good start as a 17 year old in the GCL. Played 10 games at SS and 5 at 3B so far.
  2. I would have given him a shot because all we'd lose is Jonathan Davis and we need a CF. It'd be really hard for him to succeed though after not playing all year and then getting thrown right into the fire. I also doubt he's that good anyway. But still, we lose almost nothing to give him 2 months to see if he can show something. Sometimes guys with major injuries do bounce back. Alex Dickerson is the latest example.
  3. Davis would be a very easy DFA to me. Especially with Alford also on the 40 man and needing a "shot" soon. Thornton to the 60 man would be an option too, depending on what's up with his elbow. This late in the year makes that even more realistic IMO as it's going to be hard to shut him down for some period and then ramp him back up in time to get him meaningful action. Could be some other options I'm overlooking as well. Definitely not going to lose sleep over it if Pompey does get DFA'd but in a meaningless season with a bunch of bums on the roster I don't think it would be an awful idea to at least give him a chance.
  4. They've been hanging onto him for years waiting to give him a chance. Now that they finally have an opportunity they are just going to DFA him? Why? To give McKinney/Drury/Teoscar (all of whom have options) more ABs? I think they'll give him a chance and should unless they know something about him that I don't.
  5. When is the deadline to call up Pompey? I know it's soon so I assume he'll be up any day now.
  6. I'd just keep him down at this point. If he's as good as we all think that extra year is going to be worth a lot of money.
  7. Will need him to protect a 3 run deficit.
  8. Does he look like he's laboring to anyone else? Or is it just me? Seems to be hanging his arm a lot and taking extra time between pitches but I could be seeing things.
  9. Come on Giles! Throw a good inning here
  10. Lol exactly. It was the worst, good at bat I've ever seen.
  11. He wasn't even that bad if you include WAR he just played in an era where no one realized that old players sucked and the Jays chose to employ him as a middle of the order bat from age 35-37. On the tail end of his prime years from age 31-33 when the Jays were going for it he delivered. Threw up 9.5 WAR in 3 seasons and delivered the biggest hit in franchise history. Dude was damn good for us. For a Mt. Rushmore, yeah leave him off if you want. But for a list of 9 players? Throw him on there why not?
  12. This Thornton guys is our ace heading in to next season!
  13. If he were completely healthy then yes, absolutely. He needs to re-establish his health and put up some dominant performances over the next two weeks.
  14. I'm blaming Montoyo for this too.
  15. Deport Shapiro too. When America sends their front office executives they aren't sending their best. We need Paul Beeston back.
  16. The retards running this team have tanked Ken Giles' trade value and then lied and told us it was a massage. I guess I can't prove pitching 3 days in a row with an already barking elbow is the cause of his newest flare up but I'm 100% certain it was more likely than a massage. Trudeau should deport Atkins and Montoyo from the country for this.
  17. I definitely want to fight both Montoyo and Atkins
  18. I think that's probably where we are headed. 2 stints of "elbow inflammation" in the past month and a half are going to kill his value.
  19. Lol I'm annoyed that no one cares about this!
  20. Hopefully he comes back and dominates in his next 3 or 4 appearances and still brings back a haul.
  21. Has there been any update on Giles' health?
  22. It's time to trade Stroman.
×
×
  • Create New...