Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I generally agree with this. You pay the most you'll probably get the player though we probably lose a lot of tiebreakers to teams.
  2. Just quit playing McKinney and Drury altogether and move Galvis to the bench and it should be fine.
  3. Report: Twins believed they could have outdone Mets' offer for Stroman https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1805705
  4. Yes, the younger guy with good plate discipline numbers in the lower minors has more upside than the 25 year old AAAA player who projects to strike out 30% of the time in the bigs. Stevenson also weighs next to nothing which I assume contributes to his s*** power. Could that develop more or at age 22 or is his body done developing? He also has a much lower floor as he could simply flame out the next time he's promoted whereas Fisher looks like he could be a solid bench player to me. Is this so bad? I'm all for learning if I'm wrong.
  5. -I like that we dealt so many guys. -Giles was a disaster, as to whose fault that is we will never know. -Didn't get a single Top 100 player though SWR could be that guy. If before the deadline I listed all the guys we acquired but didn't tell you how we got them I think most would be disappointed.
  6. Yeah could be. Not a big deal to lose him but he was mildly interesting. More upside than Fisher though he probably doesn't amount to much. Sanchez is a negative asset at his salary, he's due over another million and then next year he probably gets a raise to above 6 mil in arb? That's a non-tender to me. He's trash but the Astros might figure something out w him. Biagini is okay bullpen filler but he's going to start getting raises too. I get what you're saying. Stevenson is probably the only thing worth anything in our package. In the end it's just a trade where we shuffle around the timelines of C+ prospects probably.
  7. To me it seems like Atkins gets the meat of the trade right but f***s it up on the margins. The Mets should have given us another Top 15 guy and we shouldn't have given the Astros Stevenson, the trades would have been fine otherwise (and still might be) but it's just not great value. Instead of getting A- to B trades, we are doing B- to C trades. Atkins is like the dynasty owner who you agree with on a trade, but last minute you tell him you need a 2nd round pick because you know he'll accept and he does it.
  8. Sanchez sucks ass. I would have non-tendered him in the offseason. I have no f***ing clue why Cal Stevenson was thrown into the deal though. Makes absolutely no sense. I wonder if the Stros wanted cash and somehow Stevenson got thrown in instead.
  9. How the hell do you all praise picking up these s***** A-ball relievers and then when we trade Biagini and Sanchez, both of whom suck ass, for Fisher everyone hates it? He's not McKinney, he actually has physical tools (including near elite speed) and plays CF. We don't even have a CF on the roster right now. I'd call him up right now and play him the rest of the year but next year he should be an okay 4th OF. I like this deal for us. I know the Astros are up to something and Sanchez could turn it around for them in a big way but let's face it, Sanchez wasn't working for us so it was time to cut bait. I like the deal for the Stros too.
  10. The problem for me is that he was initially referred to as Johnson without the T
  11. Seems to have two plus pitches and isn't Rule 5 eligible until after next year. Big concern was his control but he appears to have improved on that this year. I'd like to see them move him to AA to find out more about him, 23 while in high A doesn't tell us much.
  12. anybody got a link to his fangraphs page? I cant find it.
  13. He's 24 years old with a 122 wRC+ in 600 PAs. I'd bet he ends up with more WAR than SWR but I hope I'm wrong.
  14. Vladdy getting it going. Seems like he's been on a tear.
  15. Itd be very hard for me to take an 18 year old pitcher with 90 pro innings to his name over a guy like that.
  16. Is it really comparable? I like Bauer more than Stro buts it's closer than you think and it seems like the package is miles better.
  17. Lol I broke my elbow wrist and f***ed up my knee. It's a fine trade. Phelps sucks. Just not sure this Hatch guy is worth a 40 man spot.
  18. If this guy has to be on the 40 man I'm not sure I like this trade at all.
  19. Giles gets a cortisone shot today. Hes not getting traded. This is a really bad deadline for us.
  20. Atkins is a mess. He's an idiot if he didn't think real contenders would also have real interest. He slots in as a #2 or 3 pitcher for every single contender.
  21. Remarkable job to keep a lid on his Asperger's for that long
  22. They think we're stupid when they blamed it on a massage
×
×
  • Create New...