Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Looking into this some more and Fangraphs gives Valera a 50 grade for defense at SS. I'd obviously prefer someone better but he could be an option for the UT role if that grade is accurate.
  2. Agreed. I'd non-tender Drury too who is looking at a raise on top of his $1.3M. Are there any close calls?
  3. I agree, Urena is trash. Just not sure if Valera can even play SS though. Valera's bat is mildly intriguing. Steamer had him projected for a wRC+ of 88 entering the year. After a solid 2019 his 2020 projections could be ok. Could be some sort of Yankee magic there as well as you mentioned. But like BTS said he doesn't have options so he's very fringe. If he can play SS though he might be worth giving a shot if we want to pinch pennies because if he can't do it we'd prob have to look outside the org.
  4. I quit paying attention toward the end of the year. As of now it looks like Urena or maybe Valera could be the UT guy next year? What's up with Valera? Can he play SS? Is he a viable Ut guy? Bat looks ok enough if the D is there.
  5. Here's some offseason roster talk to get this thread back on track. Let's say Teoscar, Gurriel, Grichuk and Fisher are all on the 25-man next year. None of them can play an acceptable CF full-time can they? But if we do acquire a CF that would mean carrying 5 OFers which makes no sense for an AL team that sometimes had a 2 man bench last year lol. So either one of the previously mentioned 4 would need to be traded or optioned or something but I don't see why we would do that. I suppose one could DH too. But what about Gurriel playing 1B and becoming a corner OF/1B? Leaving the DH spot open and having Gurriel play some significant time at 1B could help the logjam a little bit. Is that a good idea?
  6. Jim I said I was sorry
  7. Assuming my risky pick actually hits I'll take the Astros
  8. You're right, sorry Jim that was rude of me.
  9. Please don't lump me in with Jim. Also, I'm not saying I agree with it I just think it's what will happen. I'm just basing it off his previous offseasons as well as his recent comments.
  10. I like it. You could carry one reliever just in case and then roll with 16 position players. Pinch hit, run and defensive replacements the entire game. Then at the deadline they could trade all those excess prospects for guys like Greinke to further bolster their primary pitchers.
  11. There isn't a chance in hell this team trades for David Price. This FO is extremely risk averse. I think they play it safe and try to conservatively fill about half of our identified holes (a mid tier starting pitcher will be the highlight) this offseason while still giving anyone interesting a lot of playing time. Then they'll add again, and perhaps more aggressively, after the 2020 season. Any talk about the Gerrit Cole's of FA is extremely wishful thinking.
  12. Lol I love this. Add a half billion in payroll to get to that WC game!
  13. Been on vacation for a while so just jumping in to this but we probably need 2 quality starting pitchers, 2-3 relievers, a 1B and then a backup SS for the bench. A DH might be a good idea too but my guess is we leave that spot open and rotate players through. Might be a good idea anyway with our weak IF defense to give them time off at DH occasionally while sliding a capable INF into the starting lineup. Can also put an OF at DH on occasion as well. We may need a CF too unless Fisher, Teoscar or Grichuk could handle the duties there. Throw in Gurriel though and if we add a CF that would be 5 OFers. Given the FO's tendency to run a 3 man bench and 8 man bullpen I'm not sure how that will work out. All that said, I'm not confident we are going to fill even half of these needs given Atkins' recent comments but hopefully I'm surprised.
  14. Vlad Jr already has 2 kids. I had friends from high school who had 2 kids by age 20 and their lives rarely worked out. I'm worried.
  15. It's amazing how the human body can heal itself like this
  16. Alford is gone no matter what he does the rest of the season. He's blown chunks for years now and is out of options. Best we can hope for is some nominal return after trading him to a horrible team with few major league OF options next spring.
  17. If Randal Grichuk didn't sign that extension would he even be worthy of tendering a contract this offseason? Man he has been trash.
  18. Our OF sucks but I'm not sure Atkins will do much about it this offseason. Gurriel, Teoscar, Fisher and Grichuk might be the 4 we see come April. We could really use a CF though. I wonder if we sign or trade for one and just leave the DH spot open which would allow us to carry 5 OFs. Teoscar has 1 more option year too.
  19. I like to use the pronouns they request while also speaking very bluntly about it in every other way because I think it's kind of hilarious to see/hear the words ordered in that way.
  20. Probably needed some time to recover after having her penis lopped off.
  21. Lol I appreciate the update. That might have been the dumbest non-Sheryl Ring thing they've ever published.
  22. Fangraphs had a small write up on Hiraldo. https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/short-season-prospects-rising-up/
  23. Fangraphs has done a final update to their prospect list for the year: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/one-last-top-100-prospects-shuffle/
×
×
  • Create New...