Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Just awful throwing deep. I think he's probably the worst in the NFL in that regard.
  2. Yeah half the interview was wasted by asking about the player-owner relationship in light of AA's comments and then the chick was cracking jokes about Cole or asked if position player's are safer to develop than pitchers. Seems like Shapiro wanted to talk about how the Jays would be active this offseason and they wanted to talk about other stuff haha.
  3. Those interviewers were f***ing awful. Shapiro offered up a decent nugget on the offseason anyway. His comments were promising but we'll see if they actually spend much.
  4. Yeah I think he and Bass project to make the same through Arb and I'd much rather have Bass. Coming off a better year, healthier and projects better. Another solid but boring move.
  5. That's key. Very important.
  6. Based on Fangraphs' crowd sourcing numbers I think Anderson's contract looks on par with similar talent. Maybe a little better.
  7. The risk is that he's the next Jaime Garcia who costs a decent chunk of change and a mid rotation spot while bottoming out in the process.
  8. Chisholm seems to think that the Jays are putting it out there that Anderson is more likely to be a backend rotation piece but he doesn't seem 100 percent certain. I think the payroll is low enough and their seats are warm enough that Shatkins will be bringing in guys better than Anderson for the front end.
  9. Lol well put
  10. Club options this year for 8.5M and next year for 9.5M with .5M buyouts both years. Not exactly cheap but provides room for surplus and if he sucks we can cut bait after a year. He's starting to get up there a bit in age but this isn't a bad move assuming he didn't cost much.
  11. If he is in fact a FIP beater (as he appears to be) he looks pretty damn good to me. His RA-9 WAR is consistently good.
  12. Yeah he doesn't look bad to me. Projected to make 1.7M in arbitration is what I read.
  13. Oh god please don't play him all year. Very easy way to add a couple of wins is to spend 5 mil on a one year deal for a decent first baseman.
  14. Why do you like Drury?
  15. It's not so much the money as it is the roster spot. Why waste a 25 man roster spot on a 32 year old Ryan Tepera? The dude sucks. We can dumpster dive for someone cheaper and likely better.
  16. Drury is absolute trash. Valera is better and makes 1/3 of what Drury does. I really hope Drury is gone.
  17. Yeah that doesn't exactly scream the words "job security" to me.
  18. What is Shapiro's contract status?
  19. Good question, needs to keep finding work as his production slides which isn't always easy for old DHs anymore. Needs to play 3 more productive and healthy seasons which will be years 37, 38 and 39 for him. If I had to bet on it I'd probably say no he doesn't get there. All it will take is an injury or a dropoff in production where he starts hitting 20-25 homers a year instead of 35 and he probably won't make it. I hope he does though!
  20. No worries! I only know that because I thought about him playing CF too until I looked more into it.
  21. He'd be one of the slowest CFers in the league. I don't think he could do it.
  22. I hate him more than anyone on the team and never liked him from the start so I'm in total agreement. He should be playing in the Mexican League. But despite him being the worst player on the team they never optioned him all season (while Tellez, Teoscar, Gurriel, etc. all were) and kept giving him good chunks of PT. He'd be gone in a second if it were up to me but for some reason Shatkins seems to be higher on him so I'm not 100% convinced he's gone. I really hope he is though!
  23. Wouldn't surprise me if they kept him though, they've given him a long leash so far. Could probably avoid arb with him and sign him for peanuts.
  24. Why do you think he's a lock just curious? He's had over 1500 ABs of replacement level production and is 27 years old. Hell, he's trending in the wrong direction even.
×
×
  • Create New...