Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Ah ok I didn't know he wasn't ready until mid year. Yeah probably not a fit.
  2. What about Rich Hill? Does he have a pulse still and would he be worth pursuing?
  3. Ryu would be awesome. He's very risky but the guy threw up almost 5 WAR last year. He could provide the exact kind of pitcher we need atop the rotation while at the same time if he does only throw 100 innings or so his contract isn't likely to be a disaster either. I'm obviously all in on 3 years and would consider 4.
  4. That's exactly what I was thinking.
  5. I took the question very literally. Did the signing make me "happy"? No, but it didn't make me angry. I'd say I'm more indifferent to it. I do think they needed to do something and it's not really an overpay. But I don't trust Roark to hold up at all over the next two years as he enters the latter stages of his career. Compare it to similar talent and I like the Pineda, Gibson and Lindbolm deals more (granted who knows how much more we would have had to have paid so I take that with a grain of salt) AND I wonder if it'd just be better to take the 12 mil a year and bake it into a better Ryu and/or Keuchel offers.
  6. Jays pass in the Rule 5
  7. Depending on how attainable they are that's a huge difference between the initial 9 mil figure.
  8. This is ok I guess. He's old and looked horrendous to close out the year. But we had to do something. I'm just worried the wheels come off and he's not even a viable starter for us for any portion of the 2 years.
  9. Lol The Jays say this about everyone, including when guys sign for very little like Gibson or Lindbolm. What was so significant about the Jays offer that he turned it down to sign for peanuts with the Brewers?
  10. I'd like to see the Jays take a chance on this guy. Ive read that he has huge exit velocity. Seems like he has a decent penchant for walks too. Could be a nice middle of the order bat. The defensive limitations are a concern but that'll help drive his price down anyway. Some sort of 2 year deal w a player option would be pretty cool.
  11. Pineda back to Twins for 2 years 20 mil.
  12. I remember him being comically bad in the OF back when he was young and a lot skinnier. I can only imagine what he looks like out there now.
  13. Atkins checking in on 1st and 2nd tier free agent pitchers:
  14. If Wheeler is getting 120 million that Gibson deal is going to look very solid by the end of this offseason. So will the Anderson trade.
  15. I see what you are saying but it's hard to eat ~40 mil a year. I think at bare minimum he can at least be a 4th OF.
  16. I tend to agree that Grichuk would probably be a non-tender candidate normally but his job is pretty safe after getting a 5 year extension.
  17. Lol imagine being his agent in that hearing. Not a lot of ammo in that hearing
  18. I f***ing knew it.
  19. Maile and Law non-tendered according to Davidi and others. Shoemaker HAS been tendered. That's all I've seen so far.
  20. 100% agree. Canceling Sam Dyson over a cat's instagram post would be retarded.
  21. This front office most definitely lacks the testicular fortitude to go anywhere near any player that has ever been linked to any DV matter.
  22. Jays are going to tender Drury. I can feel it.
×
×
  • Create New...