Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah idk his numbers have never been great and were even worse after the foreign substance crackdown. FA usually come with a little sticker shock so I don’t necessarily hate this deal but 3 years for a guy who projects under 2 WAR? This situation kind of reminds me of the Morales signing. A guy they have legit reasons for liking but ultimately overpaid.
  2. Paul Beeston Cito Gaston Joe Carter Ernie Whitt
  3. Yeah during the Covid year he was so bad for us for a month. On top of not hitting or fielding I think he ran into a ton of outs on top of it and basically found himself firmly planted on the bench. He had a decent bounceback year though.
  4. Yeah he doesn't add much of anything that we don't already have so we definitely need to aim higher IMO. Just another guy to throw in the pile along with Biggio, Espinal and Smith. All of whom I probably prefer over Villar. If they want to go cheap on the infield and then spend the money on pitching I suppose they could run a double platoon with Biggio and Villar against righties and Smith and Espinal against lefties.
  5. Mid market loser mentality right there. We are big market winners now.
  6. Expanded playoffs and a reduction of division games. The playoffs will be easy to make.
  7. Buy now because the odds are going down after Atkins makes some major acquisitions tonight.
  8. What were some of the other worst things to happen in baseball during your lifetime?
  9. I liked that one too. I also didn't hate the 7 inning DHs. Banning the shift is stupid. But I'll take all of that for the universal DH. Never having to watch pitchers and their garbage ABs again is going to rule.
  10. Really? The shift being banned is stupid but I think 12 team playoffs is the right number. No more teams though!
  11. So what rules changes do we have now: -no man on 2nd in extra innings -universal DH -no more 7 inning double headers What else?
  12. Good weight management for Vlad Jr. He'll be sprinting around the field all game.
  13. If the shift goes away do defensive specialists become more valuable? This guy hits so poorly that I don't think he'll be anything other than an org guy but just curious in general.
  14. Did you know that the players are in fact unionized Jim?
  15. We could really use some left handed bats. Are there any options on the trade market that bat left?
  16. I'd try Vlad at 3B again. At least until the trade deadline.
  17. Ok? So in this scenario the players get less than half of the revenue. That's bad, they should get more. Good! No one shows up to see some 80 year old billionaire. They show up to watch Bryce Harper. The owners often don't even pay for their own stadiums. The taxpayers foot the bill. Also, the Rockies owners are the biggest crybabies out of any of them and the bought the team for 95 million in 1992. The team is worth 1.3 Billion dollars today. And the continuously bitch about how hard it is for them lol. I don't think I've seen anyone take the owners side in this debate except you and the MLB.com writers who are on the official dole.
  18. No way! The owners are the ones digging in. The owners would come out with a win if they simply signed on for the players very first offer. There's that much added revenue since last time the CBA was signed.
  19. I don't like McCullers. His arm seems to be hanging on by a thread.
  20. If he turned down 5 for 135M it'd probably take at least 6 for 160M or something like 4 for 140 to get him. It's not my money and Shatkins seems to know how to manage a payroll so if they decide they want him I'm all for it. It would add a lot of depth to the lineup and his lefty bat would be a godsend. We haven't had a good lefty hitter since Delgado. I'd prefer a JRam trade but even better would be a JRam trade on top of a Freeman signing. We'd have an All-Star team.
  21. Miguel Vargas of the Dodgers didn't make the list which shocked me. I think he was Top 36 on BA's list but Longenhagen had the following to say in his chat:
  22. Fangraphs Top 100 List came out today: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2022-top-100-prospects/ Moreno was #10 and OrElvis was #32. No other Jays made the Top 118. Austin Martin was #56 and SWR didn't make the Top 118.
×
×
  • Create New...