Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Is Ross Stripling fantasy relevant again?
  2. The 3-18 Reds currently trail the Rockies 9-0 after 2 innings
  3. I also heard that when Gibby wasn't pouring over the opposing team's splits he'd put away the air mattress and would get out the heavy bag and do some work in case he needed to fist fight one of his own players or the opposing team's manager. Dude was a legend.
  4. That's what I liked about having Gibby as a manager. He was such an ass-backwards Texas hick that the mere thought of setting foot on foreign soil for anything other than work literally made him sick. I heard through the grapevine that when he was manager he refused to get his own apartment and instead would sleep on an air mattress in his clubhouse office. But get this, he barely even slept and instead he'd just slam his patented loaded Diet Cokes all night while memorizing the opposing teams splits. That's why his bullpen management was so money. One of my favorite pieces of baseball trivia is that in 2015 lefty reliever Aaron Loup threw over 42 innings and didn't face a single right handed batter all season. Pretty sure Gibby gaming the system like this is why Manfred installed the 3 batter minimum rule.
  5. I saw a post last week on Reddit and Chuckles was out and about late at night and now I'm seeing this? This guy is enjoying the TO night life, I'll give him that. Probably explains a lot of his lineup cards if I'm being honest. I mean we've got a day game tomorrow for crying out loud and this guy is out partying after we barely eeked out a 2-1 win and trail the Yankees by a game and a half?
  6. I'd take J-Ram. He's a Top 5 pick and Machado is a second rounder. Machado could outproduce but it's probably something like 65/35 J-Ram or something.
  7. Doesn’t seem like it but we’ve scored the 12th most runs in MLB so far this year and I’m pretty sure our underlying metrics are even better. I think things will start to pick up for us in May, Vlad included.
  8. Fearing Orioles rookies is pretty low-T Jim. They could make a deadline deal with the Angels for Ohtani and Trout and we’d still thrash them.
  9. We play the Orioles something like 15 times from mid August on.
  10. Yeah I think the league average OPS is .675 right now.
  11. Bo keeps doing this goofy Tulo s*** where he's constantly fluid and moving when both fielding and throwing. He needs to plant and throw more.
  12. Yeah it seems like he's seeing the ball well his timing is just off
  13. Two TV dives and the second one burnt him
  14. There's good rum out there you just have to stay away from spiced rum
  15. There's going to be a ton of roster moves with cutdowns coming and Teo, Jansen and Ryu all due back soon. I hope Craig Biggio's son likes Buffalo!
  16. Goodrum batting 2nd lol
  17. Remember when the newly minted Mr. 3000 Miguel Cabrera showed up to practice with scratches all over his face and he blamed it on his dogs? Turns out he was beating his wife and the scratches were from her defending herself. I think Cabrera then went to rehab for 3 months for booze or something? Did he even get suspended for that? Times have changed
  18. I get that this thread will touch on politics as it pertains to the current culture and Trevor Bauer. But we’ve veered off topic here and Jim and Deadpool’s corporate shilling and open support for a mega corp like Disney receiving special tax treatment is against the rules! Let’s get back on topic here. Laika is right, Bauer is a dummy for donkey punching the Padres’ town bike.
  19. Wow for a board that doesn’t talk politics it’s getting awfully political in here!
  20. No way the Rays are licking their chops. Going to sign him to a 1 year, 8 million dollar deal after his suspension is reduced to the rest of 2022.
  21. Pick him up on your fantasy teams now because those numbers are about to take off like a "Rocket"
  22. Yes! This is a good way to frame it Jim. We agree on something. Left wing politics are dominating the corporate world right now though so liberal politics are informing the. business decisions.
  23. That's one way of looking at it. The other is that a DA's office tasked with sending people to jail left and right spent over a year trying to come up with a way to charge an unlikable douche in the #MeToo era and they still couldn't find the evidence. Either way, no charges is a huge win for TB no matter how you want to spin it Jimbo.
  24. This is a good point. IMO it's a perfect storm of external factors that includes everything from the Dodgers wanting him to go away to the sports media wanting Bauer's head. Add it all up and there was little reason for Manfred to do anything other than throw the book at him. There's little downside from Manfred's point of view. I suppose there is a chance that MLB actually did find damning evidence when an ambitious DA couldn't (Jim- yes there are different burdens of proof). But with the admin leave did they find over 400 games worth of evidence? When other guys have actual convictions and get 20 games time served? And then looking at how Manfred handled the All-Star Game last year I think there's a good shot that outside influences played a factor based upon his past behavior. Maybe political influences isn't the right word but mainstream sports media hates Bauer and that's largely because of their politics/culture war stances vs. his. Manfred himself may not be acting politically but I do think he's acting based upon what others think, and THOSE people are acting politically, if that makes sense.
×
×
  • Create New...