Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Very strange. It's like the Tigers GM got lazy and wanted to fill out his s***** bench in the easiest way possible. If you squint you can see one of the three guys he got becoming decent if they hit their 75th percentile projections. And I guess Maton bats left which is a nice feature for a fringe infield type like him.
  2. Lol I almost forgot that 90 percent of you in some poll picked Bellinger over KK and then tried fighting me IRL for picking KK. Then the worst franchise in sports history picked Bellinger and the Jays got KK. Lmao
  3. With guns this big can you blame me?
  4. “Future superstar” according to some.
  5. We had an extra 40 man spot so Fernandez makes a ton of sense. Him and Merryweather are both out of options though so will need to be on the big league team to open the year or we'll lose them.
  6. This is a good pickup. Fangraphs wrote an entire article about him back in November when the Yankees picked him up: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/what-will-the-yankees-do-to-help-junior-fernandez/. According to Statcast he can hit 100 mph with both his 4-Seamer and Sinker.
  7. Wow Jim that was pretty rude. I thought they did a good job.
  8. It depends on what they want to do next year. With Ryu coming off the books could they get under to reset the luxury clock? If so then it wouldn't really matter much this year. Also, if they are under to start the year, but go over after the trade deadline how does that play out? There's a lot of stuff to the luxury tax that the team will be more on top of than us and I would assume that they'll play it right given the info that they have.
  9. Artifical Turf Wars is pretty good. I would say At The Letters is a little more exciting but Artificial Turf Wars is probably more sound on the advanced stats. ATW posts less frequently than ATL, and both post barely at all in the offseason. Hence me looking for another Jays pod. I suppose I could look for other baseball or fantasy pods but I just don't have as much interest in the rest of the league as I do the Jays.
  10. What are the best Blue Jays podcasts? Artificial Turf Wars and At the Letters aren't bad and what I currently listen to. Are there any others?
  11. Riccardi was ok. He was held back a lot by not understanding the correct lessons of Moneyball. OBP, college draftees closer to the majors, etc. were important finds of the early Moneyball era but they were only important because they were market inefficiencies. Once other teams caught on those things were no longer the gems that they once were. But instead of finding the new market inefficiencies Riccardi just continued to try and hammer that stuff when it was no longer shrewd to do so.
  12. That's pretty interesting. So a team that scores 800 and gives up 700 will be about one win worse than a team that scores 700 and gives up 600.
  13. I see what you guys are saying but if you've got to use extreme and impossible examples to prove the point then it's probably negligible to the point that you should just acquire the most cost effective players, regardless of whether they are offensive or defensive oriented.
  14. Can they option Kikuchi without his approval? Not sure on that one
  15. What are the top 10?
  16. Yeah she likes to collect all kinds of slap hitting infielders. From the worthless (Joe Panik) to the serviceable (Wendle) to the ones that are actually good (Segura). She even likes slap hitting prospects (the one we traded to her I can't remember his name).
  17. Marlins acquire another cute slap hitting infielder. That woman just cannot help herself can she?
  18. We’ll see how all those extensions turn out. Should have plenty of good outcomes but some of them will turn out to be duds. Olson extension not looking so hot for example.
  19. Yeah I like what the Angels have done a lot. It was a responsible offseason that netted them a SP and some much needed depth.
  20. Yeah if you were going to rank the teams that are LEAST likely to sign him we’d be near the top.
  21. I love learning about those old old timers from the dead ball era. My interest was piqued in them after finally watching the Ken Burns documentary.
  22. No the bait is everyone assuming Jansen is going to catch more only because Kirk is fat.
  23. Kirk is the superior framer and doesn’t have injury concerns. He should catch the majority of games when both are healthy.
  24. Yeah I would use Varsho to soak up the odd games that Collins and Hineyman started last year. Every year most teams throw away countless ABs to garbage Catchers but the Jays shouldn’t have to do that very much this year.
  25. Yeah we've got a surplus of relievers as it is. If we add one it needs to be a late inning guy IMO. Merryweather, Pop and Gage are on the outside of the 25 man looking in and if we add anyone then it pushes Mayza or Richards out too. Some of those guys are out of options.
×
×
  • Create New...