Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Imagine risking injury for team Italy
  2. This guy is mildly interesting as far as AAA depth Catchers go. Great walk rates in the minors. https://www.fangraphs.com/players/james-ritchie/sa829058/stats?position=C
  3. I say veto it. It materially hurts the competitive spirit of the league. That and collusion are the only two things I'd veto for.
  4. Good job by the Royals to keep this man employed.
  5. So it's like a private box then. That makes sense to me. When I hit it big I'll buy us 50 tickets and take us all. Jim- you're right on the cusp right now. If you want to come I suggest you start being a lot nicer to me. Just saying.
  6. Lol Stroman would have lost his marbles.
  7. Agreed. He could have nuked them both and he would have been in the right but instead he's trying to appease these two overly sensitive idiots with nuance and apologies.
  8. Recker should double down and raise his profile by calling these guys fat or in Stroman's case too short. I didn't even know who Recker was until this. Although MLB network might not want spicy takes.
  9. Lol good lord these guys are sensitive
  10. I'm not surprised with Gausman. Seems like he's always attacking down and his splitter is often in the dirt.
  11. This isn't specific to the countdown but since this thread also contains a lot of throwback Jays and reminiscing about guys and moments we barely remember how about this one? Frank Thomas hitting his 500th home run in one of those infamous black Blue Jays jerseys in 2007.
  12. How do I post a youtube video? I've got a nice throwback moment I wanted to share in this thread.
  13. The number that stands out here is Varsho. It's simply jaw dropping because he put up 4.6 WAR with a wRC+ of 106 last year. If he has a 132 wRC+ bat and his defense holds, we are talking about a ~7 WAR season where he's potentially the MVP.
  14. He's got options and projects well so you'd think someone would give up a ham sandwich for him at least.
  15. Potentially Ryu too!
  16. If he comes back healthy, there's a lot of cat and mouse on these options and the Jays come out pretty well in all of them. 3/27M, 1/6.25M or 2/21M are all good terms for the Jays if he's healthy. But I don't think he accepts the 1 for 6.25M unless he's hurt. That would be a steal for the Jays and perhaps their preferred outcome. If he declines he gets either 2 for 21M or he's a FA, both of which are better than 1 for 6.25M IMO.
  17. No I think the way it's written makes more sense than your interpretation where you turn the first team option into a mutual option for some unknown reason lol
  18. This is a crazy deal lol
  19. It says "Jays option." He can't decline a team option. The "if decline" means if the Jays decline it.
  20. This is kind of hard to wrap your head around but if everything is declined it won't be the full 8.5M. Seems like that's the number if he exercises his club option next year. But we will have the opportunity to exercise a 3 year option prior to him deciding on his option. But having the two year option as the fallback could force his hand on the 1 year option. But it's hard to say without knowing all the exact numbers. Regardless, Fangraphs had him ranked as the #42 overall FA this offseason, even with his injury. Ahead of pitchers like Kenley Jansen, Zach Eflin, Kimbrel, etc. So this is a pretty significant signing.
  21. It'll be interesting to see what the terms are but he's a damn good reliever.
  22. Yep, that's the plan. I'm not expecting him to be that great but hopefully he can eat some innings as a 4/5. That's right near the trade deadline so if he has any setbacks we can switch gears.
  23. Yeah they probably should call it as much as I hate it. If they don't, then they are doing this weird thing where the ref has to input the stakes prior to the call which probably leads to worse officiating.
×
×
  • Create New...