Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I’m fine with the extra time too. It is basically the same amount of warmup time, the clock just starts at a different time to account for him having to travel back to the dugout. But no team should get 14 pitchers while everyone else has 13. One of your pitchers being able to hit should have zero bearing on your team unlocking an extra roster spot. And it doesn't just benefit that one two-way player, it benefits the whole team. They can run a 6-man rotation with a 8-man bullpen. Or they can run a 5-man rotation with a 9-man bullpen. Every pitcher on the roster is getting extra rest because one of them can hit. Why? If anything, it should be the opposite. Once a player throws 20 or more innings, he should count as a pitcher toward the 13 pitcher limit.
  2. Yankees just went 11+ innings straight without a hit until Ben Rice singled in the bottom of the 7th just now. All against that vaunted Oakland A's pitching staff. Judge promptly hit a dribbler in the clutch and the Yanks lose 1-0, dropping the series to the A's at home.
  3. I gotta tell you guys, I am feeling GOOD after yesterday's game. Bring on the Twinkies.
  4. If your team is out of contention, it might be worth letting one of your pitchers hit for the last 20 games of the season. He could get two-way player status and then you can carry 14 pitchers on your team the next year. I think the Rockies might try this with Lorenzen toward the end of the year. I wonder if a crazy team like the Rays would ever do it, even with a pitcher that can't hit. I guess the problem is that you then run with a 3-man bench if your two-way player can't contribute out in the field? You probably couldn't do that for a full season but you could deploy it at times. I think it could be worth exploring with certain guys. Probably needs to be a pitcher who could at least be replacement level as a position player. Or one that could pinch run or something.
  5. So Dave Roberts is just a whiny crybaby. Go figure. And I don't mind giving Ohtani extra time if he's on base, on deck, or on the bases, so long as he's not abusing the rule. What is really stupid is that the Dodgers get to carry 14 pitchers because of him. The guy will throw double the amount of innings that most RPs do, yet he's not a pitcher? How is he not a pitcher? If you let the Dodgers carry 14 pitchers, they can go with a 6-man rotation thus giving him and every other starter extra rest. Or they can go with a 9-man bullpen which helps their entire staff and allows them to mix and match more. Why are they allowed to do this?
  6. Yeah he's a bum. But it hasn't stopped the Yankees from making him a centerpiece in their Paul Skenes trade offers lmao
  7. This Twins series isn't going to be easy. We are throwing 3 pitchers who wouldn't crack our rotation if everyone was healthy (including Corbin who is getting thrown into the fire after one A-ball start) and they are throwing their #5-1-2. Corbin vs. Woods-Richardson Lauer vs. Joe Ryan Scherzer vs. Taj Bradley That said, their bullpen is complete ass after they traded everyone at the deadline last year. If we can keep it close against Ryan and Bradley we could put some runs up late to take the game.
  8. They are still bad and are probably the worst team in the league still but they aren't historically bad like last year. They are probably tracking for about a 20-win improvement. They are pretty healthy right now so I think it will benefit to play them later in the year rather than early. They can't even fill out the major league staff as is, but midway through the year they definitely won't be able to.
  9. Huge sigh of relief lmao. Definitely heading to the bar to celebrate tonight. And I know I said I wasn't going to bet again. BUT... ...I am seeing a lot of value with Corbin on the hill against the Twins on Friday. Just sayin.
  10. If we win this game I swear I will never make another bet for as long as I live. Please just win.
  11. Can I level with everyone? We’re all friends here, right? I desperately need a Jays W today. I’ve been doubling down every game during this 6-game losing streak, so I’m now in for 32 units on today’s game. Had to dip into my kid’s college fund for this one, so there’s no shot I can chase with 64 tomorrow. So yeah… today is pretty much do or die. If they lose, I genuinely don’t know how I’m paying my mortgage. On top of it, I’m irritable, my work performance is tanking and I even yelled at my dog this morning. My DOG. At this rate I’m getting fired, my wife is leaving me, and I’ll be explaining to my kid why he’s going to community college because the team can't get a hit with the bases loaded. So please, for the love of god, I am begging you...just win today.
  12. After three days of Lazaro, Voth, and Fleming, watching Kevin Gausman pitch is like jumping into a cold pool of drinkable water when you’re dying of thirst in the desert.
  13. The Barger injury doesn't hurt us that much. I know the highly regarded members of the board are on his nuts (or should I say "were" on his nuts because you all changed your mind after 1 week). But as President of the Nathan Lukes Fan Club™, I can tell you with full confidence that the starting lineup is actually better now.
  14. Well they released the lineup already and there hasn't been any reports of roster moves so I suppose that Fleming will survive another day. I guess they might as well keep him around for cannon fodder until they know they will need the innings from his spot.
  15. This makes me feel a lot better. I mean I was already as cool as a cucumber. But it's always good to get some confirmation.
  16. Yeah we could try it. No spring training and one start against A-ballers but he did look good in that start and has apparently been ramping up a lot on his own. I'm open to anything that doesn't involve watching another version of Voth/Fleming nibbling at the corners with 88 mph slop.
  17. Ok so Fleming will be DFA'd today, I wonder what cannon fodder they call up next? With Gausman and Cease lined up I wonder if we could get someone with some actual talent this time. Maybe Chase Lee? And then line Corbin up for one more minor league start before bringing him up?
  18. Thank god Gausman is on the hill. Lazaro Estrada, Austin Voth and Josh Fleming in bulk pitcher roles the past 3 games made me want to claw my eyes out.
×
×
  • Create New...