Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-2024-zips-projection-decliners-hitters/ Nice try but if you think I'm dumn then you think the highly respected Mr. Dan Szymborski himself is dumn. One thing my haters don't get is that I have literally zero original thoughts of my own. I merely copy stuff I read online and regurgitate it. That's why I never lose any arguments.
  2. Angels are up on the Yankees 6 to 0. If that score holds the Angels will only be back of the Yanks by 1 game in the win column.
  3. Nah he's just trending downward. I wouldn't worry about anything this year but he just might not be a top of the lineup bat moving forward.
  4. That is one scary proposition but he might be worth trying over Manoah lol
  5. We might be at that stage in Springer's contract where he needs to move down to 5th or 6th in the lineup. No knock on him but he's no spring chicken anymore.
  6. I f***ing hate that guy. Atkins gave him FOREVER to get it going and he never did. Finally, with his 5th organization he turns into the 3 WAR player we all hoped he'd be. But yeah I'd take him back lol
  7. Exactly. The second he gets DFA'd some s***** team is going to give him a shot and it wouldn't be outlandish for him to be a serviceable backend guy like we all thought he would be.
  8. White had some prospect pedigree and a good minor league track record to go along with a good 100 major league innings too. I think the injury has definitely played a part in this season but time is running out and we can't keep a mid pitcher like him around.
  9. Yeah that's part of my point. It doesn't really kill us to see if a quick reset fixes anything. It's no guarantee we go 2-0 in bullpen games instead the Manoah starts. Manoah also ate some innings that Richards otherwise would have had to have eaten. Though that 2nd start didn't really save the bullpen much.
  10. Why even bother with a hypothetical? What was his actual Location+? Given the results of that Tigers game, it was pretty good right? Bad Stuff and good Location can often result in a good result, particularly against a bad team? Where do you find these numbers, I'll just look them up on my own next time. But if you really want me to answer your hypo here is what I would do. bad Stuff+ and good Location+ (which is what I think happened)= Work some trades for a SP in anticipation of the deadline bad Stuff+ and bad Location+ = Continue to work some trades for a SP in anticipation of the deadline with some added urgency
  11. I'm assuming it "probably" looked good based on them progressing him. But maybe you are right, the Jays do the opposite of what the data suggests because Ross Atkins is a cowardly non-confrontational nerd. It's actually not entirely impossible. Regardless, I like your plan above and we are splitting hairs over two Alek Manoah starts instead of using bullpen games. I can't stand watching Manoah pitch this year. He's laboring through everything praying for umps to call strikes because he can't get whiffs. Drenched in sweat in the first inning. The amount of second hand cringe I get from watching him is similar to watching a comedian bomb a stand up set at an open mic night. The trade deadline cannot come fast enough.
  12. What was his location? His Stuff+ has never been great even when he was really good. He got buy with location. I doubt the team thought he was going to return to ace status but if he was showing signs of being a number 4 then the team didn't need to bother with the Michael Lorenzen's of the world.
  13. You judge players on a far smaller sample size than that all the time. Some (not me) say that you don't deserve an account on this message board.
  14. I think you're being obtuse but you're often confused so it's hard to say for sure. When I say he "looked good" I'm using that colloquially to reference the "data" that both you and I have been referencing. The "data" didn't look good when he was getting nuked by FCLers. The "data" probably looked good in AA, against the Tigers and in the lab, etc.
  15. I might have preferred him as well but the lol was for a non-prospect entering the year demanding a trade after a good half season in AAA. The very best prospects in the game get their service time manipulated all the time and even they don't demand trades. Aside from the trade demand, I probably would have preferred Schneider too but he could be on the move and by calling him up something could be exposed? idk
  16. This is crazy pills. They already sent him down once. I highly doubt any sort of fear of confrontation is playing a role in this lol. And no the data from the FCL start was most certainly not good lol. But he looked good in AA, looked good against the Tigers and probably looked ok in whatever lab he was in. And it hasn't really even hurt us that much. He had 1 good start and 1 bad start while eating a few innings. I doubt 2 bullpen games would have worked out that much better. Now it's trade deadline time and Ryu is almost back. If anything, they sent him down too late which didn't give them enough time to try and fix him to get a good look before the deadline. But it's not everyday your Top 3 Cy Young finisher turns into a pumpkin in one offseason. The decisions surrounding that aren't going to be easy.
  17. So long Adam Cimber. That was a fun ride while it lasted.
  18. The Padres lineup is hilariously unbalanced. 4 star caliber players. 2 more solid regulars (one of whom should be batting in the bottom third not leadoff). And then 3 scrubs to go along with a bunch of scrubs on the bench.
  19. Correct. They need to trade for a starting pitcher. Ross Atkins said today that they are looking for one.
  20. Last year they traded for a 26 year old former Top 100 prospect who had an ERA of 3.58 in over 105 MLB innings last year and it has since blown up in their face. People here bitch about that trade almost daily. So perhaps excuse the team if they want to be careful in trading for more backend starting pitchers if they don't have to. But after Manoah's last start, I can ssure you they are looking to acquire someone with Ryu also playing a factor.
  21. That doesn't make sense. Not being able to count on Manoah most certainly does factor into their decisions for the deadline.
  22. I agree it was too fast to bring him up but he looked okay in AA and then okay again against the Tigers. And they are working with far more data than we are. With the trade deadline coming up they want to know what they've got. You hate to give up anything, even if it's a 40FV, for something you've already got on the roster. With the added WCs it's turned the deadline into a constant seller's market. Look at last year, they traded for Mitch White and it hasn't gone well.
  23. Yeah he has definitely slowed down in AAA. For some reason he got off to a horrid start this year. He played well in the WBC and Buffalo had awful weather with a bunch of cancellations to start the year. Not sure if that played a factor or not but here is his triple slash line by month: April: .160/.203/.240 May: .290/.368/.316 June: .280/.316/.344 July: .289/.333/.489 So maybe he'll still be a bench piece but anything beyond that seems like a dream at this point.
  24. Zach Thompson (that 29 year old SP we got from the Pirates this past offseason) started the year horribly but has a 2.01 ERA in his 7 starts since the start of June. 31 Ks to 11 BBs in 34.1 innings pitched.
×
×
  • Create New...