Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Going to be one of the three: 1. Schneider optioned 2. Espinal optioned 3. DeJong DFA'd I think they'll probably option Schneider. He never plays anyway (Biggio is just too damn good to bench according to the geniuses of BJMB). Espinal is the 2nd choice. DeJong the safest.
  2. During Covid KBO baseball was the only sports to watch for a time. He's a fun player so I was hoping the Jays would sign him. It took Kim a little hit to get going but he's steadily improved and his numbers this year are nuts. Going to be a 5.5 WAR player!
  3. Everyone keeps saying Biggio has been hitting since May 1st or May 26th but it's barely over 100 ABs in that span bc he has played so sparingly. Even the worst bottom 10 percent of big leaguers will have good 100 AB streaks from time to time. The article Spanky shared is fine but nothing in his numbers has changed other than his barrel % spiking to 11%, far above his career norms. That's higher than Bo's which makes me think he won't be able to keep it up. On the other hand, it's not like it's some wild number that is unsustainable either. It's possible for him to keep barreling the baseball like that. As we all know, I have some doubts but we shall see.
  4. Good to see he's been making some changes. The numbers don't really bear out an "all fields" approach though. He's going oppo less than any point in his career except for his rookie season in 2019. His launch angle is also similar. The one thing that sticks out in his profile is that he is barreling the ball at a MUCH higher rate than he ever has before. So perhaps "swinging down on it" is causing his "Under%" to be a new career low and allowing his Barrels to increase so much? Combine that with the shift ban and it's enough to make him useful again?
  5. It's possible. I completely agree with Orgfiller but I'm honestly impressed he's even this good. The dude can flat out hit but his body type is going to cap his potential big time. The scouts were obviously right and I can't believe the Red Sox committed this much money to a 5'7'' 200 pound DH. They are lucky as hell this dude's hit tool is legit because everything else is severely lacking.
  6. I don't know I turned the game off because I was pissed and fired off several drunken emails to Rogers telling them how to run the team. The only person that ever answers my phone calls anymore is the Jays Care Foundation so I called them up this morning and let the lady that answered the phone have it as well. Hopefully she gets my message to the team. But I just looked it up and apparently Schneider got a meaningless pinch hit AB late in the game and struck out. So there you have it, case closed. Stankyleg with the bodyslam and the fanboys have me beat. Biggio hit two singles to get his OPS above .700 for the first time this decade and Schneider struck out. Looks like it's checkmate for ole Terminator here.
  7. Yeah it's hard to see him signing an extension this offseason. He'd likely have to take a pay decrease after his arb years. Only chance is if he just loves the org, but if that were the case he already would have signed an extension by this point.
  8. Matt Chapman is another guy failing to pull the ball. Someone posted a tweet where he is among the league leaders on barreled balls but because so many of them are to dead center or oppo he only has 15 homers.
  9. As a defendant in both criminal and civil cases? I buy that.
  10. There is no loss to be taken. The guy hit two singles and everyone is planning a parade that he finally got his OPS over .700 for the first time in 3 years. It's remarkable.
  11. I really am having a hard time understanding your take on this. With Bauer you assumed guilt instantly despite there being evidence that he was innocent. With Franco you seem to be cheerleading that he did nothing wrong, despite there being some evidence that he's up to no good. Is it really because you own Franco in some fantasy leagues?
  12. Never in my entire life have I seen that much glee over a player who hit a couple of singles. It was like the guy got his 3000th hit last night or something Which I think proves my larger point. The hits have been so few and far between for this guy that a two single game causes his fanboys to literally lose their minds with excitement (the fanboys were even entertaining benching Vlad in favor of Biggio).
  13. Yankees drop to a game under .500 after being shutout for the 2nd time in a row.
  14. We call him Cavan when he hits. And you can't deny that Schneider's debut put a scare in him that ignited his recent play. Without Schneider and the calls for more playing time (which I've been spearheading), Biggio just assumes he can lolligag his way through another .600 OPS season with all the ironclad fanboy support he gets. So I actually think I deserve some apologies as well as some credit here.
  15. Extend Biggio. Always liked him.
  16. Always like this Cavan Biggio kid, he's a clutch hitter
  17. He's got to be in jeopardy of losing his roster spot. They'll probably option Schneider (or maybe Espinal) but they could dump DeJong and just go with Espinal as the backup SS with Clement and others in AAA.
  18. Any time Biggio gets a hit he extends the amount of support he'll get from his fanboys for another 2 weeks. It would take an epic 0 for 40 streak before anyone allowed you to suggest that maybe he should be benched for our hot hitting rookie. Even then I'm not so sure because I think he's had some pretty epic O-fers over the years and he still has ironclad support.
  19. Craig Biggio's son could shoot someone in the middle of Yonge Street and he still wouldn't lose any support on this board. It's incredible.
  20. I'm overrating Schneider? Lol it's you people overrating a guy who has had an OPS in the .600s for the past 3 years. I'm not saying bat Schneider leadoff everyday. But maybe he should play over the guy who has an OPS in the .600s the past 3 years every once in a while? And I'm not crazy, all the projection systems like Schneider's bat more than Biggio's. I say give the young man a chance! He was good enough to get called up and he's produced in limited action. Let's roll with him and see what he's got!
  21. Ok and it's 117 ABs for Biggio against RHP since May 1. So what's your point?
  22. Yes but isn't Schneider one of the guys hitting the best right now? Hit the crap out of the ball in AAA and is slashing .400/.516/.680. If Biggio is so entrenched in the lineup that a modest 120 ABs over the course of 3.5 months makes him a new mainstay in the lineup we might as well trade Schneider in the offseason.
  23. Lol pick whatever arbitrary start date you want. Biggio has been ass for 3 years running. Comical how the guy has a decent 130 ABs spread across 3.5 months where he's given the platoon advantage against soft pitching and he barely get his OPS across .700 and now he's a mainstay in the lineup? Not only do you all prefer that guy over Babe Schneider who had one of the best debuts in baseball history but some are even suggesting we should bench Vlad for him? lmao
  24. Davis Schneider is grabbing more pine tonight. I guess you can't bench Craig Biggio's son after he had the play of his life last night (HBP with the bases loaded).
×
×
  • Create New...