Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. So what are the mechanics of them being on waivers? Goes in order of NL teams in reverse standings? Then AL? And if anyone claims they take on remaining salary? What if no one makes a claim?
  2. I cannot wait to start the Extend Ernie Clement thread after tonight's game.
  3. So Bo was out yesterday against a righty and a lefty today so we can kind of see what the plan is already and John Schneider is right, it is crazy with a lot of moving parts. vs RHP/vs LHP C: Jansen 1b: Vlad 2B: Whit/Schneider 3B: Schneider/Espinal SS: Clement LF: Varsho/Whit CF: Kiermaier RF: Springer DH: Belt/Kirk McCoy, Biggio and the other Catcher look to be more full-time bench players
  4. Yeah he his horrible. If you go back and read I've been harder on him than anyone. I think him at SS and Clement at 3B today with Espinal on the bench instead of McCoy would be a better lineup though.
  5. Okay yeah apparently there is no plan really lol Probably should have kept DeJong.
  6. Yeah DeJong's OAA is much better than I thought. Would probably have been better than McCoy. I think DeJong is about replacement level and the change in scenery seemingly f***ed him at the dish. Dude was completely lost. Hopefully they give Clement a chance as I think he's better anyway.
  7. I don't know if Lantigua is good at defense. He doesn't play SS a whole lot and it's hard to believe that a midget like him would have good range/arm. Plus, he's actually turned himself into a guy that should be playing everyday. My guess is McCoy isn't going to play much at all and if he does it's because he's good at defense.
  8. What was "nice" about the depth he provided?
  9. Clement is better than DeJong. So is Espinal.
  10. DeJong sucks. Probably the worst Blue Jay of all time by the numbers and he's been ass with the Giants as well. Hasn't been good since last decade.
  11. Is McCoy good at defense? It's a peculiar callup but maybe they plan on running Babe Schneider and Clement in the infield for the time being and wanted a good defensive infielder on the roster in the meantime?
  12. I don't really see Donaldson as a fit this year. Not enough time left in the season and I don't think Chapman will be out that long anyway. I could see him as a fit next season though. He's going to have limited options and this franchise is one of the few that still views him in a positive light. If he wants to keep playing and is willing to do so on a cheap 1 year deal then I could see a fit where the Jays sign him to be on the short side platoon at 3B with Barger or something.
  13. Time, money and a job heals all wounds.
  14. Don't worry, Ernie Clement is going to slap hit us straight into the easy-to-make playoffs.
  15. Agreed. I'm probably forgetting something but Ken Griffey Jr. is the last one to come to mind and that was over 20 years ago. The players and their union don't give a s*** about things like forcing trades from bad orgs. If anything, they encourage players to sign with bad orgs if the bad org is offering the most money.
  16. Kirk is only a year older than Moreno and catchers often develop in weird, non-linear ways. Jansen is a great example. Offensive prospect who was actually a defensive stud early in his career. Now he's settling in to be a pretty balanced player. Kirk made Fangraphs Top 50 Trade Value list at #39 and he's slashed about .279/.354/.419 since the article came out. The talent is there, the projections are high on him and his defense and eye at the plate provide a great floor for him.
  17. I think with the Cardinals they have historically been probably the second best team in history and that success carried into this century. Easy to assume that the success would continue.
  18. Mike you've been pouring it on with the Pete Walker hate lately but the dude has been getting results for a while, has he not?
  19. Schneider has a 13.7% chase rate so far. For comparison's sake, Juan Soto's is 16.0%.
  20. Cancel the obituaries boys, the bats are back and the playoffs will once again be easy to make!
  21. The Cardinals saw it? Lmao they dumped Thomas and all they got in return was the corpse of Jon Lester who had an ERA over 5 at the time.
  22. The dumbest take I've seen this year. Congrats.
  23. Well we all know he's good, I'm just trying to gauge whether he's an All-Star or Hall of Famer so I know how high I can let my expectations can get. I'm leaning Hall of Fame for now.
  24. So it's extremely early with an extremely SSS that doesn't even qualify him, but the early returns on Babe's fielding, running and arm: Fielding: His fielding has been very good. 86% success rate with an estimated success rate of 83% at 2B. In LF it's 75% and 74%. Arm Strength: His max arm strength is 72.5 mph right now. That would be pretty atrocious but it's only 33 throws so far (4 in LF the rest at 2B) so he probably hasn't had to uncork anything yet. He's playing 3B tonight so we'll get a better look at his arm. Sprint Speed: 27.4 ft/s which is 53rd percentile. With all the bombs he's hitting he hasn't had to run too hard so this could go up as well. Also his Max EV so far is only 107.5 which is 30th percentile. In the minors though he hit one 109.7 which would put him in the 54th percentile.
×
×
  • Create New...