Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Like it was yesterday man! He was must watch TV. I agree that we should bring Trey up and see if he can work himself into a legit role. It's worth a try. We may need a shot in the arm like that could provide.
  2. That's good information - stuff most fans don't know/understand. This might also help explain why Schneider is sticking with Hoffman as closer (although I'm not sure there are really any better options right now myself). Schneider may not be as stupid as some of you think, which I know is mindboggling to some. Hoping we see that regression happen and a healthy Santander back in the lineup soon!
  3. Most fans saw him for 3 weeks and concluded he was a washed up loser. That's what fans do unfortunately.
  4. This made me look up Arenado and it looks like he's cooked. He'll be entering his age 35 season with 51.4 WAR and may now need a dead cat bounce or 2 to get to the HOF...
  5. Have you heard of the internet? It's this new thing where you can find information to confirm how accurate your eye test is. In this case you're wrong (OK, you're almost always wrong). Vlad in 2025 high leverage situations .367/.411/.531 Vlad for his career in high leverage situations .315/.401/.508
  6. Correct. He's had several other great signings (Robby Ray + Semien), but they were short term deals and obviously the Springer deal is up there as well.
  7. They say that next time dumbass. You literally said "Just sucks seeing all that hard work by 25 players on the roster get ruined by ONE guy man. "
  8. I didn't crap on people for stating the obvious, I craped on your for saying something that was obviously stupid.
  9. When you have studs like IKF and Loperfido, there's no need to waste a roster spot on a bum like Tony Taters.
  10. I'm sure everyone in attendance was happy to see that game end quicker. Her first 2 games were right in line with the averages from some of baseballs favourite umpires: Laz Diaz, CB Bucknor and Hunter Wendelstedt. She'll probably rebound and settle in as a punching bag for the army of misogynistic baseball fans. Good news for her is that MLB has made it very clear for decades that being accurate is not a requirement for a ML umpire and there's little to no consequences of being terrible.
  11. It was an Angels/Twins game - nobody f*cking cares except degenerate gamblers.
  12. You nerd - that's not what happened at all. 1 guy ruined the incredible performance of the rest of the roster.
  13. Christian Javier f*cking suckkkkkks. The offense has to wake up.
  14. I played competitive men's hardball until I was 40 and continue to coach multiple teams, including high performance teams to this day. The offense has been letting this team down lately. Go f*ck yourself.
  15. Yeah I agree with this - all of it. Loperfido blows. Everyone knew that was BABIP luck as he's been terrible at AAA. He should have been dealt at the deadline (if possible). Starting him is a f*cking joke. IKF is a defensive replacement - that's it. I can't wait until we blow it in the playoffs and spend 6 months complaining about every single flaw this organization has.
  16. That is such nonsense. The offense scored 2 runs and they deserve much more blame than Hoffman. As noted below, the game shouldn't have been tied in the 9th. Just awful execution. Learn the game.
  17. Wouldn't you think Hoffman would think/know this himself and just do it? He's in charge of what he throws on the mound. It's very odd. Helsley and Tanner Scott have gone through similar spikes in HR/9 this year too. I don't think anyone thinks the Dodgers are behind in modern pitching development?
  18. Probably the worst signing in Jays history! We all just know the bullpen is going to f*ck over this team in the playoffs. Can't have losers like Dominguez or Varland taking over the closers role. We're probably screwed.
  19. God knows some men are going to get their panties in a bunch and bitch about this either way. I wonder, are AAA umpires scores available to the public? I don't have any idea how they determine who gets the next shot. Perhaps if the results are all similar than seniority comes into play as well (Jen is 49 - but no idea how long she's been in the system)? I have no idea. Personally, I think it's good to have female umpires - doesn't bother me at all and if they give her a shot ahead of a couple of guys to gain some notoriety for females Obviously you can't do that consistently, but to allow her to be the first female umpire in the 150 years of the league on a little trial run (non-permanent role) - I'm cool with that. The flip side of this is that if she came up and was consistently in the top third of the league in accuracy, then it would be evidence she'd been held back (perhaps due being a female). That's probably a much worse look for MLB.
  20. So you want the more accurate umpires (on average) in AAA? Makes sense. I believe in her 1st game behind the dish, she was 13th of 15th umpires, so there will be games where she out performs the ML umpires, but over the long run, you'd expect she's near, if not at the bottom of the list. You should also consider there may be an early adjustment period with nerves and other factors involved for any umpire who's new to the major leagues. But you're going to do you - so I'll move on.
  21. This is the wrong narrative. Jen Pawol is a replacement umpire who's filling in for someone. It makes 100% sense that she's the worst umpire in baseball because she isn't a ML umpire. She's a AAA umpire who's trying to earn a fulltime role at the ML level. If she was regularly a Top 5 plate umpire, then that would be a terrible look for the current ML umpires. Don't let your hatred of wokeness blind you from facts.
  22. I wasn't trying to compare? But Santander has been an iron man the past 3 years, whereas O'Neill's known to be both injury prone and highly inconsistent. He's essentially the opposite of Tony.
  23. Anyone know what Donnie Baseball is doing for the Jays now?
  24. Thank god we didn't sign Tyler O'Neill like lots of fans wanted. Always hurt and while he seems to have pop up seasons when he's great, those only seem to occur once every 3 years.
×
×
  • Create New...