Did you hear David Samson on Blair & Barker yesterday? They asked him what winning a World Series means to a franchise and the first think he leaned into the was the financial benefit. He starts off by explaining that it allows the franchise to jack up the price of everything (literally everything) immediately and for years to follow. Straight to ROI's.
While I completely appreciate this is a business and most business owners believe they only exist to make profit for shareholders, I couldn't help but feel a bit disheartened that the first thing a former MLB executive thinks of is gauging the f*ck out of the fans. I also appreciate the more they gauge fans, the more money they'll potentially have available to spend on the team and the salary allocation in future years, but f*ck me, it still sounded so slimy.
I'm pretty sure I'll just be watching at home.