Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,075
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. The Jays have the best offense in the playoffs by a landslide - all with IKF starting most games. You know they're going to value defense over offense and start IKF. This game gets a lot more difficult to navigate if Trey can't give us 5 or 6 innings and thus a strong defense to help avoid the big inning is going to be valued. At some point, you could probably show an ounce of faith in the decision making process that has us 2 wins away from the World Series title eh? Just a thought.
  2. Jonn - I believe the issue is that everyone has a different definition for what "valid criticism" is. As John tries to articulate below is that a lot of us believe those who regularly criticize the FO and managers sit firmly atop Mount Stupid. Even when others try to introduce another point of view, or try to justify the thought process, it's often met with loud opposition. Although you suggest you like to hear other peoples opinions and reasoning, that isn't the case with everyone. As is VERY common in society today - most people become anchored to their opinion, unwilling to admit they might be wrong (or even less right) and thus even in the face of new information, they put up their shields and choose to fight instead of listen. I really have no issue with people developing opinions - I just think in most cases, they shouldn't be so firm on them - as they should acknowledge there's probably a lot more information they aren't privy to. This team is 2 wins away from their first World Series win in 32 years and people still believe that's in spite of the FO and Manager. I suspect if the Dodgers end up winning, there will be LOTS of people who blame that on Shatkins and Schneider and suggest they should lose their jobs. I've been alive long enough to realize nothing is going to change - people are always going to be like this, but I often find that disheartening. Obviously I enjoy supporting the FO/Manager and try to see that most of the decisions aren't anywhere near as clear cut as some suggest. I also don't expect them to be perfect - they are human and make mistakes. I choose to be more supportive than not, but understand most take the opposite approach. I also know that at times, people are just venting out of frustration and I should just let them do that - instead of poking them. I hope that helps. My last thought on this is that while most people rip on the tactical decisions, I do think Schneider deserves a lot of credit for the softer side of the job. I certainly appears he's created an awesome environment for this players. I don't think you become such a resilient group without strong leadership in the clubhouse. I don't really know how much that stuff matters in comparison to lineup, bullpen and substitution decisions during a game, but there's certainly a possibility that John's biggest strengths are things we don't see on a daily basis.
  3. The resiliency of this team is off the charts. The sign of a well coached, close knit team. Tomorrow we go ahead for good...
  4. If that's true - then just keep him on the bench tonight and see how he feels tomorrow. If we need to use Loperfido tonight, then we're f*cked anyway. If you can sub out George and bring in a fresh arm - it "could" give us a bit of a leg up on the Dodgers. It would be Yariel I assume.
  5. It's a different decision to be made when you're up 1 v. tied. It's also a different decision when you already got burnt earlier in the game. You do need to factor in that Dominguez generally has no idea where the ball is going to go out of his hand, but he's a vet - he needs to execute better. It seems pretty clear to me who should be blamed for that at bat. Here's an interesting thought - maybe we don't have to blame loses on a single person? I know that's a crazy thought around these parts.
  6. It's all hindsight man. You obviously run the risk of making a mistake, but Ohtani strikes out 1/4 of the time - so yes, Ohtani is "dumb enough" to swing and miss at pitches off the plate. On the season, he had a 26% chase rate (62nd percentile) and a 33.4% whiff rate (4th percentile!). He was almost an auto out in the playoffs until the final game v. the Brewers. Putting the tying run on base intentionally isn't some fail proof decision - especially with a guy who stole 59 bases last year. He can be in scoring position in a blink of an eye. The probability of him hitting a HR there isn't actually that high (7.5% of all PAs in the regular season). We just ended up with the worst possible outcome of course. That's baseball.
  7. 100% pivotal moment. The was the only batter they trusted Kershaw to face. Lukes battled, but lost.
  8. 100% TV/Radio personalities make crap up like this all the time for clicks and views. It's nonsense.
  9. Do you read anything you write? "Bieber has sucked balls, but our stupid manager will panic and pull him early" Remember when our manager stuck with Gausman in Game 2 and he gave up 2 HRs when facing hitters a 3rd time?
  10. Well this is obviously our biggest test yet. It will be the ultimate test to rally after last nights crushing defeat. Odds are heavily stacked against them. I think Fangraphs has us to win 46% of the time, but I think it's probably in the 15%-20% range tonight. Our odds to win the WS are down to 24%.
  11. I'd have liked to see them put a couple of balls in his f*cking ear instead of holding up 4 fingers.
  12. Where are you reading that? I don't think there's any hope that Springer returns.
  13. 100% inexcusable from an umpire in the World Series. Last night was a brutal game throughout. This is obviously our biggest test yet. Can we bounce back, or is this thing over in 5?
  14. 𝙋𝙖𝙥𝙖 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙯 🎰 (@papagamblz) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM Addison Barger's fascinating story of overcoming privilege to achieve success in professional baseball. Discover the...
  15. Springer (and the team in all likelihood) are done man. And you probably pull up an arm now to try and get thru 2 more games. Brutal execution again cost them when they needed it the most.
  16. Dave Roberts is known to be one of the smartest managers of all time.
  17. We all agree man. JS is throwing the game. I heard he wants to ensure you spend 5 months complaining about the team. It's tradition right? He'd hate to see you have nothing to ***** about.
×
×
  • Create New...