Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Is choking someone attempted murder? My bad re: gun shots - I seem to recall he shot them in her general direction (like around her or something - not with the intent of killing her, but to scare her) - but I'm wrong. Apparently after he choked her and threw her against the wall, she ran and hide in the bushes to call the police while he went to his car, punched out the window and got his gun....then locked himself in a garage before shooting at the block wall (1 shot through the window though). I'm going to say decision making isn't his strong point.
  2. Well he 'missed' up an in 3 times during that outing - the last one almost killed Brosseau. Let's remember that Chapman is a POS who choked and shot a gun at his girlfriend. Logical decisions like hitting someone in a 'safe' location is probably may not be in his repertoire. I mean if you're unhappy with what the other team did and want to use violence - walk over and fight someone. Pussy's throw balls at people.
  3. Add the A's to your list also....pretty incredible. I can't help but root for those teams in the playoffs. I'd love to see the A's and Billy Beane finally win a title with one of his budget teams.
  4. I'd love to see some analysis on this, but he must be slowing down his arm action on that change up. Has anyone ever seen someone with a 20 MPH differential between the fastball and change up? I haven't.
  5. This unwritten rule of throwing at batters to self police the game of baseball needs to end. It's f***ing nonsense. We don't need it, just like we never needed the take out slide. If you don't like what a team is doing and feel the need to physically attack them - then man the f*** up and fight them at first base or something. Throwing baseballs at people is a massive pussy move.
  6. As long as he's hitting, he's the preferred option at 1st base defensively.
  7. hockey? f*** - I don't bother with that s***.
  8. What a f***ing s***ing night all around.
  9. Buck on his high horse about how players 'these days' don't run the bases well. Go f*** yourself.
  10. If a home run ball counts - then yes.
  11. As reported, he's reverting back to a longer arm action...
  12. Remember when that was a thing? Very few rotator injuries these days.
  13. Buck - "The issue was Villar was a the leadoff hitter in Miami. I don't think he's going to hit leadoff for the Jays. He'll be in the top 3" Dan - "Even when Bo comes back?" Buck - "Oh yeah.....pause....pause....f***.....I think it will be Cavan, Villar, Bo and you drop Grichuk down" Get this man off the air please.
  14. It's interesting because Stripling projects to give you 2.9 and 3.4 WAR over 170 innings in 2018/2019. That's top 30-40 in baseball for starting pitchers. Anyone know why the Dodgers limited his starts/innings so much? Just because their staff was so deep and good? He's been used kinda of similar to Kenta Maeda (although Maeda was a shut down setup man in the playoffs, while Stripling was more of a low leverage guy). We can only hope that once he escapes LA, he flourishes like Maeda has this year for the Twins.
  15. Who would you guys have rather had? Musgrove or Stripling if the price was Williams?
  16. That applies if you believe that controlling hard contact is a skill.
  17. Don't publicly shame the internal optimists. We got Hatch for nothing last year and we liked how that felt!
  18. Everyone spooging over Hatch and s***ing on Font is probably due for a rude awakening. Hatch has a 90.2 LOB% and a BABIP of .114, which is artificially leading to a lot of success early this year. He's the polar opposite of Font. Hatch's FIP, xFIP, K% and BB% are all worse than Font. The season is so short that there may not be time for these stats to normalize, but there's still a decent chance that Font is better than Hatch from today through to the end of the season. And just so we're clear - I love Hatch and kinda hate Font too.
  19. I don't think anyone is pretending Villar will be better defensively than Shaw (who's quite good). They are looking at the overall package, which has seen Shaw post a -0.1 WAR this year as a 74 wRC+ hitter. It looks like we'll continue to give Shaw a starting gig (which I believe was promised to him when he signed) until Bo comes back. If he hasn't figured it out at the plate by then, than there's probably a good chance Villar will take starts away from him.
  20. I'm with you on this one Grant. We've been on the same page the past 2 days.
  21. He's right though. Athletic stories get posted here all the time by those with accounts.
  22. Interesting - I really like Musgrove.
  23. I'm not sure how you can call him a f***ing moron when you have no idea who's call that is. I've questioned this a few times...is it really Charlie, or is it the high performance team / FO making some of these calls. You think Charlie is in charge of establishing pitch counts? like f***.
  24. McGuire's never hit. Very few players hit like s*** in AA and then sudden become average ML hitters.
×
×
  • Create New...