Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Career 82 wRC+ hitter, 30.9 WAR. I don't care how good he was defensively. Imagine being Bobby Grich. 129 wRC+ hitter, 69.2 WAR and excellent defensively. What a crock of s***.
  2. I was just looking at some HOF stuff and stumbled across a s***** article on 25 people who shouldn't be in the HOF. 2 things: 1. I never knew they used to host 2 All Star games back in the 50's and 60's, so when you look at the # of all star games someone played in, they might be getting credit for playing twice in one year. 2. Bill Mazeroski was f***ing terrible. WTF is wrong with the 2001 veteran's committee?
  3. MLB has a marketing arm?
  4. There can be a difference between agreeing that beating your wife is a serious character flaw - and thinking that character shouldn't play a major role in HOF voting.
  5. I agree, but I also don't think Vizquel is a HOF player. Vizquel's been trending towards being elected at some point, so it will be interesting to see what this does to his support.
  6. Will this impact HOF voting this year?
  7. I'm not sure Cole comes off as the best teammate. He's always been a 'me first' guy
  8. Giannas signs the largest extension in NBA history. Five years, $228.2M
  9. He already is really good. If he takes a step forward (5+ WAR), he's a superstar.
  10. Snell for Jansen, Manoah and Zeuch, Sign JTR, Kim and a bullpen arm or two - done and done!
  11. Wait - so someone on MLB radio suggested we could give them Zeuch instead of Groshans or Jansen? Yikes. No Christmas bonus for him.
  12. He's an exciting prospect. It's hard not to love someone with that kind of bat to ball skills. The arm looks like a wet noodle though - WTF?
  13. Would you rather do: Lindor for Groshans; or Lindor for Gurriel + Orelvis Martinez
  14. If I'm the Jays - I'm finding a way to get it done without Orelvis included. Include Moreno - catchers bust a lot.
  15. There's no way you're including Orelvis Martinez there.
  16. Interesting - I never knew that. I guess that's the best way to do it, but it's still dumb that a player born June 29th is considered a year older than one born July 1st. Point still stands that a 5 year deal seems way too long for Sugano.
  17. I never look at it that way. If you're born in 1989, regardless of whether it's in February or October - 2021 will be your age 32 season. Do others look at it differently?
  18. Kim's age is a huge plus. Theoretically you lock up a 25 year old kid and carry him through his prime years - all of which align with the prime years of our core.
  19. Tomoyuki Sugano will be 32 next year. I hope we don't need to sign him to a 5 year deal? 2-3 years seems fine.
  20. It's like TB went to Fangraphs, searched the Rangers rookie ball teams and picked the 3 best hitters. All 3 of them raked in 2019. Can Hernandez stick at C? Looks like he's played C, 1st and RF in the minors
  21. I get your point, but if you compare 1 year of Lynn to half a season by Chapman...Dunning isn't the 28th overall prospect in baseball (which Torres was) and yet the White Sox still might end up regretting that move!
  22. All fair points, but I think the key remains that you can't swing and miss too much. Heyward and Quintana were big misses. Eloy and Torres don't get moved for Quintana and Chapman these days (funny how quickly that changed).
  23. Probably not, but one of the big positives in Kim over Semien is he's only 25 so if you get him for 4 years, you should get his prime years, which align nicely with our window. Semien is entering his age 31 season, so he'd be more of a short term filler - and we have no idea if he has any interest in moving to 3rd (if the Jays wanted to move him there).
  24. You should prepare to be disappointed then.
×
×
  • Create New...