Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that MLB and the MLBPA have agreed to expand the number of playoff teams to 12 and to have similar luxury tax penalties as there were in the previous CBA. Nightengale adds that the penalty tiers would be 20 percent, 32 percent (up from 30) and 62.5 percent (up from 50). It's not clear what the first threshold will be, but Andy Martino of SNY.tv reported previously that it's likely to be beyond $225-230 million. If the two sides have indeed come together on the CBT and expanded postseason, it would appear a new CBA is imminent. Stay tuned. ----------------------------------- It's Bob Nightengale, but whatever. I'm curious of the details on the 12 team playoffs - but I do think 12 is the right number (40%)
  2. You're probably right, but I mean, who the f*** has this amount of time in their lives to make up fake accounts to troll Soto?
  3. An international draft is bad for the Blue Jays, but probably good for baseball.
  4. Not often we agree - but we're rowing in the same direction on this one.
  5. When in the f*** was Josh Towers ever worth $100M? Have to assume this was after 2005. Man - what a mistake.
  6. ah yes - poor skim reading on my part. I don't disagree with you at all. I think people are open to the idea because he's left handed and is f***ing amazing. I generally agree with you. Springer won't play CF much longer, plus we have Kirk, Moreno, etc. to eat up AB's at DH. I think CF is the one position we're going to need to address soon (as silly as that sounds following the Springer signing). I think we'll soon see Teo in LF, with Springer in RF...not sure what will happen with Gurriel - I think he gets lost in the mix myself. Ketal Marte continues to be the right fit for me personally.
  7. What happened in Miami with Jeter?
  8. Not if Vlad can play some 3rd base...
  9. I mean - isn't the same argument there for why Amazon/Starbuck's employees want to unionize? So they can get paid more and not have to worry about being fired - even if they are below average workers? Does either company have trouble finding staff? I think (although I don't know) the answer is no. Is that a systemic issue that people don't have a choice? Perhaps it is.....but if low skill workers are going to get paid more, then the highly skill workers do to - and I'm not sure that's going to solve anything.
  10. I tend to agree. I think 12 is a good number.
  11. That's probably my biggest pet peeve. IMO, someone's age has very little to do with how valuable or good they can be. In my work, we stopped giving raised because you got older and started given them based on effort, productivity, innovation and client relations (including how much work you bring in). Obviously it's more difficult to ensure 'fairness' with several different factors - but IMO, it's a f*** of a lot more appropriate than paying someone more because their older than someone else.
  12. And that's the issue. The unions protects good employees and really s***** ones too. It also doesn't seem to give anyone a reason to work hard. In my industry we hire people who came from unionized municipalities and there are plenty of stories about how they got told to stop working so hard and how they could just milk the system all day long. Easy to say "we know unions are good because Corporations are trying to stop them" - but there are some valid reasons for that. The same could be said for why people push to unionize...everyone wants to get paid too much to make puppies.
  13. McNeil or Moose (in a deal where we get one of their starters on the cheap) would both be solid fits. Lefty bats who are short term solutions until Orelvis/Groshans (or even Moreno) take over 3rd long term. I firmly believe we're only looking for short term solutions at this point. Perhaps that could also be Vlad...
  14. Interesting - I must admit I wasn't aware there was a decline in unions. What has caused this?
  15. He does - he was responding to my reflection on the general wealth gap situation we're facing in North America. What do you guys think of unions? I will admit I haven't done a lick of research, but I always seem to hear that unions allow staff to f*** the dog. There's generally little incentive to push and do a better job than the guy beside you and very few are willing to go above and beyond to better the company. Maybe there's nothing wrong with that?
  16. I think this mirrors the issues and concerns we are seeing across North America. Owners are getting wealthier and wealthier and the general public keeps getting poorer and poorer (only in this case - the players aren't poor). It will be fascinating if in general we're able to reverse this trend.
  17. This is true - I thought they made a huge mistake taking Chase over Sewell, but it appears they were 100% correct in that call. I think they shore up the OL this offseason, add to the D and are a force for the next 5+ years myself.
  18. I just read an article on the Score that ranked these hats. Jays were like 25th or something. Top ones were the M's, Marlins and TB. I tend to agree.
  19. Can you guys let me know when Spring Training will start? I'm trying to book vacation to Florida. Thanks.
  20. Well f*** - that's a no brainer as long as Rogers opens the purse up. With Orelvis, Groshans and Moreno - I really like the idea of a short term solution at 3rd base.
  21. what would he cost to acquire?
  22. So no. It's not like any other job.
  23. Luis Garcia actually got hit with a half full beer can. Wasn't hurt (thank god), but said it got him good. It's f***ing stupid. Golfer makes a great shot and everyone on the ground needs to avoid taking a beer can off the face - not to mention damage to the greens. I f***ing hate it - thank god this isn't permitted in any other major sporting event. If you need to chuck your half drank $20 beer to 'enjoy' the experience then I feel sorry for you.
×
×
  • Create New...