Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I'd definitely be finding out what type of deal Rodon is looking for. If it's short term, I'd be all over it. I still find it difficult to believe the Jays will try to lock up a long term 3rd baseman with Orelvis, Groshans (and/or Moreno) on the cusp. I still think a short term fix is the way to go. We need a long term fix in CF IMO.
  2. Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that teams who have seen Carlos Rodon's medicals say they are "actually very good." Rodon's health history -- which includes a shoulder issue that resulted in a velocity dip late last season -- is his biggest question mark. However, Martino is hearing that, at least for now, the left-hander is fully healthy. Martino mentions the Mets as a possible landing spot for Rodon, and the Yankees reportedly have looked into him, as well.
  3. I totally get that - but once the game is on, it's amazing to watch.
  4. I agree. No Game 163 anymore and no more wild card games. While I understand it - there really is nothing more exciting than a 1 game, winner take all event.
  5. I was thinking the same thing. He's going to get like 10 hours of sleep over the next 4 weeks.
  6. Sounds like our Dads would like each other! I try to just find him easy things to fix these days so it keeps him busy and away from the dangerous repairs
  7. Well I'm no help in that field, but if you need someone to talk to - I know I'm here for you man and I'm sure there are several others on the board who are too. If times get really tough, shoot me a message.
  8. Beauty - I'm taking the kids to Florida on March 28th - bring on the games!
  9. My old man (who's 80) does this too. He had a some shingles fall off his roof in a wind storm....calls me over to get up on roof to repair. I told him specifically to stay the f*** on the ground and hold the ladder. I get to the top and start my way up the roof to get these shingles fixed and I turn around and he's right behind me. I was so pissed off at him - but he's an old farmer - he wants to do everything himself. Scary thing is his best friend died about 10 years ago when he fell off his own roof trying to fix his whirlybird.
  10. It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out - as I asked myself the same thing connorp did. If Wentz is a legit starter, why would Indy let him go with no replacement in place in a year where there are no good FA's and it's a weak QB draft...We'll soon find out who knows what they are doing and who's a fraud.
  11. can someone post the article?
  12. I've noticed this. In small towns, people live in s***** run down homes, but have a brand new truck in the driveway.
  13. Tim Healey of Newsday reports that MLB is not seeking to implement an international draft until 2024. This news may placate the uneasiness of some current and former players -- including Fernando Tatis Jr. and David Ortiz -- who have expressed concern that certain Latin American markets are not yet ready for the sea change that an international draft would bring. The topic is a sticking point in the ongoing CBA negotiations between MLB and the MLBPA. Word is the new deadline for a deal is sometime Wednesday afternoon. --------- This would allow us to sign Bonilla right? Sounds good to me!
  14. Is Seattle now the 2021 version of Denver? Great all around team that just needs a QB? If so, that's kind of ironic. I'm not sure GB would have gotten the same package for Rodgers, but I can't help but wonder if they could have, should they have taken a package like that.
  15. Isn't there a possibility it will also expose and make baseball available to 'other' fans as well? Don't we think someone has thought this through? or do we think it's purely because they can profit on it and they don't give a f*** if it hurts the sport?
  16. https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2022/03/someone-leaked-photo-new-screen-torontos-rogers-centre-and-its-huge/ Info on the Rogers Centre renos
  17. And the Aaron Rodgers saga is over (for now). 4 years $200M with $153M guaranteed. Adams will be next and then GB will have to cut a ton of talent to get under the cap. I guess they had to hedge their bets a bit, but I sure wish we didn't draft Jordan Love now. Probably can't get more than a 4th or 5th round pick for him (if that).
  18. Well I think that's what baseball wants. They want more hits, more runs, more action. I think most fans want that too. But no - not everyone will benefit from this. There are still hitters out there who's profile doesn't see shifts implemented against them. They'll stay the same (in theory).
  19. You're over simplifying how easy it is to make adjustments at the MLB level. The use of shifts just continues to rise. If cutting down on K's, sacrificing power, bunting and slapping the ball the other way were feasible adjustments - don't you think several players and teams would have done that by now? You can't believe EVERYONE is just stupid and stubborn. You can even take hitting a high fastball as an example. Pitchers adjusted to hitters teeing off on low pitches and now everyone pounds the top of the zone. It's not like batters just think "Verlander's throwing it up in the zone today boys, make the adjustments and tee off on him". This started like 5+ years ago and hitters still are trying to make adjustments because hitting a 97 MPH fastball at the letters is f***ing hard. This isn't football where the defense stacks the box with 8 or 9 defenders and you simply call more pass plays, or they are blitzing a lot, so you run more draws to slow down the pass rush. C'mon Dick. Gallo has made adjustments - leading the league in bunt singles...didn't change much.
  20. I think you're over estimating how often it happens. The only time I can remember the Jays doing it was when Omar Vizquel was on the team. And how many times does that configuration even 'work' or matter in the play. It has to be negligible.
  21. Obviously it's not or the shift would be gone by now.
  22. If players could adapt and suddenly hit .350 because people were shifting them all the time - they would have by now. If players had the ability to bunt and hit the other way, forcing teams to stop shifting on them - they would have by now. Teams, managers, coaches and players aren't stupid. You'd think at least some percentage of players would have adapted by now...maybe that tells us something?
  23. They have been talking about this well before Gallo spoke out. They want more action in baseball. Fewer strikeouts, more hits, etc. I have to think those close to the game believe limiting the shift will create more action. I mean there already is a rule that you can't start a play standing in foul territory. I always thought that was odd...I mean if you want to stand in foul territory, that seems really stupid, so why not let them?
  24. That's not even remotely true. As of August 19th last year, Joey Gallo was tied for the league lead in bunt singles. https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/8/19/22629372/yankees-joey-gallo-strikeouts-home-runs-three-true-outcomes-bunts-run-values
  25. I argue with a few people about this already. People argue that if they use the shift on you, it shows how poor of a hitter you really are (which is seemingly what Ehjays suggests)....but I mean, they shifted against Ted Williams - arguably the best hitter of all time. So shifts can be used against great hitters and s***** hitters. I don't think Ted sacrificed power to dribble a few extra balls the other way to 'beat' the shift.
×
×
  • Create New...