That's just a narrative you make up in your mind to hate on me.
Show me a manager you think has perfected the art of making their team/players avoid bad/stupid decisions please. I just don't buy that fixing baseball IQ and/or avoiding stupid decisions is something managers have a lot of control over.
Sure - it starts with accountability and a culture, but as I've stated before, I rarely, if ever, see managers pulling players from games when they make a mistake like that. If there were managers/teams that regularly did this and accomplished sustained and clear signs of running a "tight ship" with much fewer mental errors - real evidence, then I'd buy it. But I've yet to really see that. You just think the players are all stupid and the manager makes all kinds of stupid decisions because you watch the Jays daily. If you followed another team as close, I fully expect you'd find yourself whining and *****ing about the same things.