Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Would Dennis Santana be a consolation prize?
  2. Yeah - I think that's best case scenario....that somehow there's a clause or an agreement for him to pick up the option. Unlikely though and frankly I don't care that much. The focus is to make some noise in the playoffs this year.
  3. This is the type of high risk/high reward move that could help win us the world series. I'm cool with it. Now let's land another big bullpen arm.
  4. I'm sure it played a factor - especially at the tail end of a 14 games in 13 days.
  5. That's a good question. I certainly think we've seen baseball trending towards keeping your top prospects. Teams understand just how valuable they are and are much less willing to deal them these days.
  6. I think that's all fair Grant. It is a very interesting topic and yes, organizations have professionals to help with this. I think my question (point?) is whether players have any control over it or not. I mean obviously if they go out drinking the night before, stay up until 4 am before a start, or simply skip all the preparation they typically do - then yes, that's in their control, but I just doubt that happens much these days (certainly not nearly as much as it used to). It is interesting that Bassitt said he wasn't prepared enough - I didn't hear that, but would love to have heard him explain that more. Was his routine interrupted? Was information not available? Did he just slack off? I'd love to know. Personally, I'd just be quite surprised if Berrios didn't do everything in his control to be prepared and focused for today's game. Could there have been factors outside of his control that impacted his focus? yes, for sure. Or this might just have been part of his inconsistent profile, which seems to be part of baseball.
  7. I wouldn't say no to that if reports on Bieber are positive (which I believe they have been).
  8. You hate Ohtani because of the gambling thing and are comparing him to players suspended for domestic violence? (sorry - I'm not trying to attack you today, I swear)
  9. It was just a cramp apparently...
  10. It's two Top 100 batters. I think that's fair. RPing is fragile and inconsistent.
  11. I heard the other day that car thefts are down over 20% this year in Ontario.
  12. So you think they control when they are locked in and when they aren't and you think Berrios chose not to be locked in today when the team is reeling?
  13. Well I agree with that. Berrios and Bassitt can't control the outcomes (like you said). That's just nonsense. This is baseball. Unless they were out drinking the night before, skipped the preparation meetings or something else - this likely isn't something they can control. Of all the guys on the team, Berrios and Bassitt are probably 2 of the most professional guys we have. They are giving it everything they have out there.
  14. Ke-Bryan Hayes to the Reds
  15. I think Lukes himself needed that as much as the team did. He's been struggling lately.
  16. So lack of effort and not trying are 2 different things? Interesting You said Berrios can be inconsistent. I suspect that's all you're seeing. You simply never know what you're going to get with Berrios, but at the end of the year, if you squint a bit, he's a solid middle of the rotation guy. Can't trust him with a playoff start though IMO.
  17. You think he's not trying? I can't see the game, but I'm curious what gives you the impression he isn't focused (beyond what you'd normally expect)? I think I'd have to see something incredibly blatant to ever accuse a pitcher of that myself. Maybe Bassitt and Berrios are taking gambling money!
  18. He has 7 career HRs in almost 2200 PA's. A long time between homers should be expected. He's a downright terrible hitter.
  19. We probably need to empty the farm system to be serious contenders. Bye bye Trey, Arjun, etc. You can't start Berrios in the playoffs and I don't really want to start Bassitt either. Need a 1B closer and need another bat to remove Ernie from the starting lineup. Then you need Kirk and Springer to come back at full strength and not lose a beat post conky. This run has been really fun. Loved it, but we're probably pretenders at this point.
  20. This is a guy who "found himself" at age 29. I'm not sure including the results as a starter and early in his career matter much. His HR/FB ratio in the previous 3 years is about 8%, which is still a tad high, but not out of the norm from several dominant RPers.
×
×
  • Create New...