Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I wouldn't want to give up much in the way of prospects but if Ed Rogers wants to keep writing checks I'm all for it
  2. What kind of contract would DeGrom sign in the offseason?
  3. Kikuchi and Flaherty didn’t get big free-agent deals, but both returned 50 FV prospects plus extras at last year’s deadline. Same with Jason Adam, who’s a decent comp for Bednar. Just shows how steep the deadline premium is. Teams gave up 50/45 FV packages for rentals who then signed one-year deals in free agency. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/ranking-the-prospects-traded-at-the-2024-deadline/ I’m also higher on Keller than ZiPS 2026/2027, which I don’t think are updated yet. He’s putting up 3.2, 2.2, and ~3.6 WAR from 2023–2025. Three years, $56M for ages 30–32 is a solid deal but I suppose it's not great given where prices have been. And perhaps Kikuchi and Flaherty were perceived to be #2/3-like starters in the playoffs whereas Keller is more #3/4? But still, I think his contract carries a little bit of value to make it close. So you guys are probably right in that Keller would not be worth Nimmala on his own, but toss in 1.5 years of Bednar and I’m definitely in.
  4. Just because people have been saying it for years doesn't make it true. In his 6 seasons prior to this one, he's underperformed his xStats only one time. His xStats and real stats have basically been spot on the 5 other seasons. I remember everyone saying he was an xStat underachiever again last year but by year's end his real numbers caught up.
  5. Scherzer vs. Severino Gausman vs. Lopez Berrios vs. Springs The A's play tonight and tomorrow so hopefully the pathetic Braves can make their bullpen work while we take advantage of the off day.
  6. Vlad's just getting unlucky. If he keeps performing the way he is, launch angle concerns included, his numbers will shoot up.
  7. .350 xBA for the Jays to .172 for the Sox. It's been one of those games so far but the Jays are going to pull this one out. Trust me.
  8. I refuse to engage in Vlad arguments when we are in first place and in the middle of a 10 game win streak
  9. That last one was ********. 106 mph liner that should have cashed a run. Instead the inning was over.
  10. He was probably tossing and turning knowing his ERA was about to get wrecked this game
  11. John Schneider you absolute mad man! Calling for more BUNTS lmaooo
  12. Nimmala is overrated on this board. He's a 50 FV and ranked around #50 overall on Top 100 lists. I'm not suggesting we give him away but everyone might want to get used to the idea that he could very well be traded this deadline for less than what you think. Mitch Keller is on pace for 3.5 WAR this year and has 3 more years of control after this. Trading Nimmala for him would be a no brainer IMO.
  13. I guess the Pirates owner is facing heat for being cheap and not winning when he's got Skenes and Cruz. If he actually cares maybe they would consider taking 4 MLB-ready Buffalo Boys for Keller and Bednar? Their lineup is trash and they have no bench. So something like 3 or 4 of Roden, Wagner, Loperfido, Schreck, Jimenez, Pinango and Clase? We could also send them Francis as well. The Marlins are another team that could go for something like that I guess.
  14. I doubt it. These are pretty good pitchers with multiple years of control so we will have to give up something of significance to (1) make it worth the Pirates' while (they could just keep these guys and try again next year) and (2) outbid other teams. Nimmala is ranked around #50 on the top prospect lists and is a 50 FV. Seems like it would be a fair ask of the Pirates to have him included.
  15. I'd rather keep Yeasavage and trade Nimmala tbh but I like getting that package. Keller is a playoff starter and Bednar is a high-velocity late-inning guy. Keller under team control through 2028 and Bednar through 2026 so neither are rentals.
  16. We're good. Those scrub teams are 5 GB and 6.5 GB after today's game goes final so they'll be fighting for Wild Card spots is all.
  17. Rays lose again. They've lost 7 of 9 and have a 4 game set against the Red Sox who might pass them in the standings before the ASB at this rate.
  18. If the weather is bad enough, I believe this one could go final, correct?
×
×
  • Create New...