Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Oh come on guys, Headley would be a fine pickup. The cost in acquiring him will be little more than paying the remainder of his salary and throwing in a C+ prospect. He's good as usual defensively and while his numbers are bad, he's clearly the victim of the BABIP monster. He's got a .268 BABIP with a career 25.4 LD% this year. His career BABIP is .330 for what it's worth. His walk rate is down slightly and his strikeout rate is up a tick but I don't think either is a cause for concern. If AA could get him for cheap I'd be all for it.
  2. I take it he sucks?
  3. Agreed. Rogers isn't so bad it's just that corporate ownership in general will always lead to problems.
  4. New ownership would be nice.
  5. Hoffman and Pentecost have signed. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/blue-jays-sign-first-rounders-hoffman-pentecost.html
  6. This is mentioned all the time.
  7. Is there ever a ball down the line like that where a fan DOESN'T interfere?
  8. Yeah I agree. He hasn't been here for the past year and a half reading the countless 2013 offseason posts/threads. This board beat that dead horse to a pulp.
  9. Lol a little harsh Chap but I agree. The board has in recent weeks has taken a big step in moving on from the 2013 offseason and that's a very good thing.
  10. Not that I disagree with that except for the playoff comment! This team has a great chance to make the playoffs IMO.
  11. Eek, Kawasaki vs. LHP is bad. I'd rather take the hit on defense and have EE play it vs. LHP.
  12. Bautista is just out a couple of days and likely will avoid the DL per the stuff I've seen on twitter. That's great news. But what do we do at 3B now? Especially vs. LHP? Dare I say EE at 3B in those situations?
  13. It's not so much whether he plays tonight or not but him being hopeful that he was going to play is somewhat encouraging news. Further to that, just b/c he's not in the lineup doesn't mean he can't pinch hit.
  14. For what it's worth...
  15. No one is really sure what is up with him until we hear word on the MRI results. Hopefully it's not too serious.
  16. Lind to DL. Lawrie fulltime 3B. Muni/Tolleson platoon at 2B. Francisco/Navarro platoon at DH. Kratz/Navarro/Thole splitting the C duties.
  17. Yeah I agree, east. This is more significant than AA's usual AAA signings. I fully expect him to pitch with the big league team and there's a good chance he pitches well. I also agree with your thoughts on Gibby handling him well because he understands splits as well as any manager in the league.
  18. http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx?type=2&lg= Currently have a 75% to win the division.
  19. His ability to play 2B and 3B has solved this team's 2B AND to a large extent our bench problems.
  20. Lol @ two saves for Janssen on 4 pitches this series.
  21. Even when we nearly have a 70% chance of winning the division? I don't think now is the time to sell. http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx?type=2&lg= Also, the contract on all of these trades lined up nicely as they expire after next year. So even though some of these guys are old, their contracts expire soon and it will give us some payroll flexibility moving forward.
  22. Yeah I agree, it is too early. But a lot of the guys that were traded away have seen their value decrease since the 2013 offseason. Some of them significantly.
×
×
  • Create New...