Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Not a bad plan at all although I'm not sure how that would mesh with having a backup CF.
  2. When I lived in Portland I would go up and go to these games. They were a lot of fun.
  3. Lol I cannot figure that trade out. At all.
  4. Yep. Then when they moved him to CL they made a big push on how that would allow him to shine. The marketing department really tried hard in pushing him for some reason lol.
  5. Geezus he even threw money in to that deal? lol I remember how bad Person was. They tried him out as a starter and he was horrid. Then they made him the CL the following season and that lasted about a week. Then they dumped him to the Phillies for someone (I can't remember) and Person actually had a decent season or two. haha
  6. So bad. When he did these deals he would take a good or even great player (whether it be Clemens, Green, Wells, etc.) and rather than trading them for young, cheap prospects he would deal them for similar, yet inferior players. Clemens for Wells and Homer Bush, Green for Mondesi, etc. It just made no sense.
  7. A lot of that was ownership's fault too. Ash made some solid draft picks (Halladay being one of them), as well as some good (and some bad) FA signings, but his trades were god awful. David Wells for Mike Sirotka, Michael Young for Esteban Loiaza, Shawn Green for Raul Mondesi, the Clemens trade was pretty bad, trading Olerud, etc. And it was like they were perpetually buyers only to switch to sellers (as Ash himself stated above) although that probably had something to do with ownership at the time.
  8. “When I look back at the unwinding of my tenure (as Jays’ GM from ‘95 to ‘01), we had no plan.” -Ash said this in a 2012 interview about his tenure as Jays GM. http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/2012/06/21/griffin_brewers_agm_gord_ash_has_one_regret_in_time_as_blue_jays_gm.html
  9. Goddam do people hate Beeston.
  10. NO! Do NOT open that can of worms! lol
  11. Well yeah, go ahead and add nominally better players all day but if they aren't worth what you are giving up and/or their own salaries then it's not worth it. Prado is owed 11 mil a year through 2016. His defense at 2B (where we would need him most) is not good either, so no, he doesn't fit perfectly in to this roster.
  12. Don't forget the hit in losing Francisco who is filling in at 3rd, 1st and DH for injured players. I'll admit you gain nominal improvement with Headley over the spare part platoons we are using but a lot of that is having the hindsight that Lawrie is hurt again. Don't forget, Headley's playing with a herniated disc as well and is probably just as big of a risk to get hurt as Lawrie was. But hey, hindsight makes for a pretty good armchair GM.
  13. Those guys aren't much better than what we've got and in Prado's case you'd be taking on quite a bit of salary.
  14. Right or wrong I think Thole, Valencia, Reimold, and Francisco are locks. With the way Goins is playing I would like him up (no qualms if someone would rather have Kawasaki) and if it were up to me I'd consider expanding the bench to 5 and keeping Gose up as well. If Goins continues to hit the Lawrie 2B/3B platoon could be as follows: vs. RHP: 3B: Lawrie 2B: Goins Bench: Francisco, Valencia vs. LHP: 3B: Valencia 2B: Lawrie Bench: Francisco, Goins The other way to do it is to just have Francisco and Valencia straight platoon at 3B with Lawrie at 2B.
  15. Yeah or they could just swap their roles. Redmond has looked pretty good. Right now I think he has a better chance to get through 5 or 6 innings than Hutch does. Move Hutch to the bullpen where he could be more effective in 1 to 2 innings and give his arm a rest.
  16. Yeah I think given the use of all of our various platoons that may help us more than other teams.
  17. It was kind of tough. We don't have any glaring needs, per se. I get we've got some issues but patching those wholes with platoons will work. So with that in mind we'd need to acquire someone pretty good and the Martin Prado's of the world aren't going to be worth it. As for pitching, a guy like Lackey could have been useful but the price tags were too high. Perhaps we'll see a waiver trade in August.
  18. Jared Cosart has been traded to the Marlins.
  19. Does MLB Network have any good shows? I got rid of cable and haven't watched it in a while.
  20. In the offseason you may be able to get even MORE for him because it won't just be the 12 teams in contention that will want him, it will be the 25 teams that think they have a shot when everyone's record is 0-0. I bet you could trade Price to a team like the Rockies for a shitload.
×
×
  • Create New...