Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Tomorrow is very likely clinch day. Can't wait.
  2. Chemistry is a thing but it's largely reduced because baseball is a game based upon individual outcomes and not so much based upon teamwork like other sports. Even further, it's too difficult to quantify, especially as fans who are disconnected from the inner workings of the game. Therefore, it's mostly worth ignoring especially when winning seems to cure any chemistry issues that there may be. Now if I'm a GM and I KNOW that a guy is a cancer, then maybe I avoid him or at least factor that in to how much I value him. Even then you'd have to be careful. But as a fan it isn't really something I care much about.
  3. It probably is the most important game in 20 years and I'm nervous as hell.
  4. So we are a .555 team without him now? What's your point?
  5. I don't hate the Rays at all and when the Jays are out of it they are one of the teams I'll root for in the playoffs.
  6. I don't think they support the Rays to merely rustle jimmies. They support the Rays because they like to cheer for front offices rather than the players on the field. So they'd rather cheer for a s***** team like the Rays because they like the sabremetric friendly front office over the Jays who don't cling as tightly to advanced stats. IMO it is where the cult of the GM goes wrong. Andrew Friedman isn't a god; he's one of thousands who could do a good job of being a GM if given a chance. I bet if you could get some people from this board out of their mom's basement they could even do a good job. Friedman isn't nearly as talented at putting together a team as Josh Donaldson (one of the top 3 players in the world) is at playing baseball. It's not even close. Yet the majority of Rays fans on this board don't see it this way. There was also a bit of bandwagoning going on as the Rays were good and the Jays weren't. But now it's flipped which is kind of hilarious as the hometown Jays might win the World Series and they'll be left out (unless they jump back on).
  7. On an Arencibia single!
  8. Fangraphs has our odds at 100% to make the playoffs. http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx
  9. Wouldn't Revere in LF, Pillar in CF and Pompey in RF make more sense? I think we'd need another starter and one of those guys could become the 4th OF. I'm not really sold on Pompey anyway as I'm not sure he'll hit enough.
  10. Goins is starting tonight against a lefty.
  11. What makes you think that a team that is not playing very well and has played a .548 win PCT so far is going to close out the season playing .700 ball? I'm not understanding this.
  12. So you think the Jays are headed for the Wild Card unless they win nearly 70% of their remaining games?
  13. Need Santana to go deep in this one. His pitch count is low enough that he's going to be able to.
  14. Hopefully all these off days help.
  15. I don't know how I remember this but at the time I remember you and I were mostly blasting him. But a lot of those deals did hit, even if for the first year (Victorino and Drew). I particularly remember everyone finding the Victorino deal to be pretty bad. 6 WAR the year after he signed though. lol
  16. Yeah I remember Cherington made a bunch of questionable offseason moves that all went right that year and predictably fell apart the year after.
  17. Didn't realize this until now but the Sox are on their way to their 3rd last place finish in 4 seasons. The only time they didn't get last was when they won the WS.
  18. These moves make sense to me. With 3 off days in the next 8 days it makes sense to drop a Starter and add a pinch hitter and a 4th OF. The National league games will require a bigger bench and with Goins and Pennington manning 2B it won't hurt to have some more pinch hitters even for the AL games. Hutch can come back later this month.
  19. Fangraphs Playoff Odds have us with the best chance to win the World Series of any AL team.
  20. What injuries were from effort?
  21. I'm fine with Estrada and Hutchison remaining in the rotation. I agree though, if someone gets hurt we have no depth. If we could at least make it to September before someone goes down we could use the 40 man roster to our advantage and have Wolfe go for 3 innings, Sanchez and Stroman follow him for 2.
  22. Fangraphs has us pegged at winning the division 23.4% of the time from here on out. That could swing pretty wildly after this upcoming Yankees series. http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx
  23. Is the bullpen really why the Rays are struggling though? They've given a lot of playing time to position players who have been atrocious (Loney, Elmore) or just not very good (Beckham, Dejesus). I was going to list Rivera as well as he is posting a negative WAR but I assumed he was a great pitch framer. Looks like he's doing a decent job of that but not enough to make up for his hitting.
×
×
  • Create New...