Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. But I guess we will know more after Shapiro's press conference.
  2. Oh ok so it comes with the interim tag? This really isn't news then.
  3. Agreed. This is the best move from a PR perspective for sure. The casuals are mad as hell at Shapiro but if you offer AA a 5 year extension with an opt out, promote LaCava when AA bolts, and bring back Gibby (which they will but I think he'll have a short-ish leash) then whose fault is it other than AA's?
  4. You beat me to it. You can delete my thread.
  5. Well your team is not only in the bottom third it's dead last isn't it? But I guess I see what you are saying but I like winning and find winning to be the most interesting of all. The higher the payroll in theory the easier it should be to win. So I'd take the Yanks payroll over our payroll easily. Just need a good GM to manage it and make sure it doesn't get out of control.
  6. 140 isn't the end of the world but was hoping for higher. It will be enough to add some FA's but we will probably need to make some trades as well.
  7. Phillips affair for whatever reason hit the main stream. I bet a lot of people aren't even aware of Reynolds'.
  8. They even had a job fair that I signed up for. There were hundreds of jobs alright, they just consisted of the likes of selling minor league tickets in Iowa. Not a single internship like this or anything except for Baseball Info Solutions.
  9. I went to the Winter Meetings to try and get a job in baseball like 4 or 5 years ago. You have to take some s*** internship with a place like Baseball Info Solutions for 7 bucks an hour and then you can get an internship like this (which rarely pop up) with an actual team if you can beat out the thousand other candidates. Then after you do 2 or 3 of these internships you might be able to get a "job" where you cut video for barely any money. I'm not really sure where you go from there but I imagine climbing the ranks isn't much easier than getting your foot in the door. The other route to getting a job in baseball is nepotism. You are probably better off moving to LA and trying to become a Hollywood actor.
  10. I do too. Managers have little bearing on the outcome of the season anyway and Shapiro likely doesn't want to rock the boat any further if he doesn't have to. Like I said above, he'll be in a similar spot as Don Mattingly was this year with the Dodgers because he's not the GM's guy.
  11. Very well said.
  12. I hear ya. He left on a very good note so the next job that opens up he will get consideration. But why not stay? The team would be good again next year and you can collect another year of salary and then move on elsewhere.
  13. He'll be back much like Don Mattingly was back with the Dodgers after they brought on Friedman. But he's not Shapiro's guy so he's not very safe.
  14. Yeah I hear you on that, it would be tempting to just take the WAR and a half he gives you out of the bullpen for the next 5 years.
  15. He can hit, no doubt about that. But he's played a grand total of 5 innings at 1B. At age 32 and given his skillset you'd think he'd have logged a lot more time there. It makes me think there is a reason why he hasn't played there more and it's because he can't really.
  16. But on the other hand we are going to need 7 or 8 starters next year and right now we have 3? Can we afford NOT to put him in the rotation? It's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario right now. Maybe we could bring in enough starters to where Osuna is the 5th starter and Hutchison is in AAA to start the year?
  17. You could start him until he hits 130 innings and then put him in the pen the rest of the way. The problem with that is that our SP depth is s***. It's not like we have someone who we can call up midseason to take his spot.
  18. Yeah I suggested doing that with Saunders even. But then it's not Bautista transitioning in to 1B is it? If he plays there against righties and a left handed bat plays OF, Bautista is going to be starting 75% of the games at 1B. And that's fine, I just don't think we see Bautista play 1B as much as we hope next season.
  19. Are you comfortable with Colabello being a full time starter for half the season? Odds of that happening are pretty good if you sign Morneau.
  20. I totally agree. I think we will see Smoak back or perhaps a trade to platoon with Colabello and the offseason will 100% revolve around pitching. Personally, I do think spending on Davis makes some sense depending on what his price would be.
  21. Davis does actually make some sense. He helps in 2016 and then in 2017 when we are faced with having to resign Bautista and/or Edwin Encarnacion we could let one walk more easily.
  22. I asked Dave Cameron in his chat the first question and then he had a couple of follow up exchanges after that:
  23. Yeah hit me up! Jays are coming to town in 2016. Should be a fun series with it being Tulo's return.
×
×
  • Create New...