Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I see well that's a dumb rule. It's taking a little less than 48 hours to make the move then and cost us the ability to pinch hit late in the game with Smoak.
  2. Gibby didn't pinch hit late in the game for Goins or Barney. I guess with Martin out and Hutch up he only had a 2 man bench so I don't really blame him too much. I don't know what the hell happened with Hutch but if the FO had anything to do with that it was a big f*** up. We played with 23 guys tonight. EDIT: Was just explained to me that MLB won't clear the move til 1 pm tomorrow or something. Ridiculous.
  3. Another thing from this game is that Goins hit with a runner on base and two outs in the 7th. Then Barney and Zeke hit down by one in the 8th. (Thole not an option to pinch hit for with Martin unavailable.) I'll give Gibby the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't put Smoak in their to pinch hit is because he had a two man bench with Hutch still being up with the team and Martin unavailable. That one is on Atkins/Shapiro for not making the Hutch move in time.
  4. Gibby will give Bautista the day off tomorrow so he can keep Zeke in the lineup at leadoff.
  5. Who cares? Jeff Kent was once a Jay before he was traded too. It happens.
  6. Lol geezus Saunders... I was wanting to move Bautista to DH and bring Pompey up but I think Pompey should replace Saunders who can DH. Saunders cannot move out there.
  7. I'm embarrassed I said he'd be a 1.5 WAR player in that offseason poll we had.
  8. He's terrible. He's really not much better of a player than Barney or even Alexi Casilla who is in Buffalo.
  9. Are we convinced that Ryan Goins is better than Alexi Casilla (Buffalo's starting SS)?
  10. Holy s***. I had been subconsciously repressing that scenario until you triggered me.
  11. Hey I hear ya. But we don't have many options. The bench and AAA is all replacement level players.
  12. No but he's unavailable while he tries to stave off a DL stint. Barney is the backup catcher tonight.
  13. But he can at least field. I think he's the right choice but this bench is a mess. Not one decent player, probably not anybody better than replacement level even.
  14. Yeah. Eventually perhaps we'll see Pompey come up and fill that role once late summer roles around.
  15. Could he actually be worse? I don't really remember him.
  16. Something positive to take from this is that the Jays are likely bringing up Dominguez over Montero and I feel that it's the right decision. This means Smoak will be the primary 1B and when he's not we will see EE play 1B with the DH being utilized to give breaks to Donaldson, Tulo, Saunders, etc. I'm kind of spitballing here but after looking at the lineup today I think this is what they are doing. I like the idea behind this, but it does suck that our bench is so pathetic. That means that Dominguez, Barney and Zeke will all be getting some spot start every so often.
  17. He had that reputation as a prospect and he would often make top 100 lists from 2009-2012. The metrics don't really show that but they don't say he's really that bad either. Depending on how you evaluate his defense he's probably the better player at 3B than Barney is.
  18. Yeah there is no way he pitches tonight. There is either some strange thing happening that prevented them from making the move (like they want Dominguez but he had a personal issue preventing him from making the trip) or the FO just flat out botched this decision and we are a man short tonight. If they really do want Dominguez because they think he's a better 3B backup than Barney then they f***ed it up and are playing the worse player tonight.
  19. Yeah we need to win this one bc the pitching matchup tomorrow is definitely not in our favor (although we could still win it).
  20. Dominguez makes sense. Donaldson seemingly needs days off in the field and Dominguez at 3rd is better than Barney. It's tempting to call up Montero but he can't play a position. What a s***** bench we have though. Yuck.
  21. This could be. Maybe on his next scheduled start day they just skip him and instead he throws two innings out of the pen. That's an awfully long time to use a 3 man bench though, especially when they've got 3 or 4 guys with nagging injuries.
  22. I don't get this at all. We've got 3 guys who are dinged up in Tulo, Saunders and Martin. Donaldson is probably included in that group too. Bautista is old. A 3-man bench isn't going to cut it.
×
×
  • Create New...