Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Can't wait for the Salty and Lawrence battery later tonight. That wouldn't even be impressive talent for a AA game.
  2. With Latos and Lawrence throwing today this is a good choice.
  3. You're right, the author probably reads this board. I should start taking posts from here and turning them in to articles.
  4. If we can split the double header today that will make for a 4-3 road trip where Latos and Lawrence saw 4 of the 7 starts. I would would be pretty pumped for that. But you're right, it would be nice to go on a win streak or win 6 of 7 or something. If we can get healthy soon the month of May has a pretty decent schedule for us. Lots of home games and all the road games are on the east coast.
  5. I don't know when BP Toronto launched but they've been writing some good sabremetric articles lately. Here's one about Devon Travis and his xwOBA. http://toronto.locals.baseballprospectus.com/2017/04/27/devon-travis-is-primed-to-turn-his-season-around/?utm_content=buffer27ac5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
  6. We could get something close to those 4-5 prospects at the deadline if we trade Donaldson, Liriano and Estrada IMO.
  7. Man Rowdy Tellez looks like s*** so far in AAA.
  8. Instagram WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM Lol Bo Bichette is HUMBLE, or so he declares in all caps as he's about to mash a ball over the fence.
  9. No it was a trendy breakfast/lunch place.
  10. I'm not sure. They were with some others guys, not sure if they were ballplayers or not. I did a quick scan for Harper but when I realized he wasn't there I lost interest. They dress really casually. Like sweatpants and hats and t-shirts.
  11. I saw Adam Lind and Gio Gonzalez at the place I ate lunch at today. Thought I should share.
  12. BigCecil was voted Nicest Poster. He serves as a moral barometer of sorts. If he's telling someone to f*** off that someone is asking for a ban.
  13. Yep I agree. I was pretty puzzled by Brett McMurphy being let go. Easily one of their best reporters. Stupid move. Grant brought up some good points about Stark as well. He should have been kept. With others like Bowden I'm not too upset.
  14. Week long bans for Spanky are too long. His main hobby is mixing booze with pills and getting on this board and talking baseball. Yeah he goes too far toward the end of the night sometimes but he's like the drunk at the bar that you throw out knowing full well that you'll welcome him back the next day. I don't mean this as any disrespect to Spanky either. I've been talking baseball with him for nearly 15 years. He's got his own unique account here. I never mind seeing his name in red because he probably deserved it but not seeing him here at all for a week is too much. #FreeSpanky
  15. So you like Pat Tabler because he makes you feel like some sort of baseball hipster?
  16. I don't think it's hicks from rural america who tune in to watch those shows. It's poorly educated urban people who do. And yeah not everyone likes advanced stats but no need to get preachy with me about people losing their jobs when it's Jim Bowden and other dinosaurs who swear Jack Morris should be in the HoF. Would you like it if Sportsnet hired Dave Stewart to provide baseball analysis? I doubt it. I also like Fangraphs but the more competition they have the better.
  17. Yeah that's true to an extent but advanced statistics are huge right now. It isn't a niche anymore so they could at least provide some more balanced coverage but they don't.
  18. He was born in Canada as others have pointed out but he was also born to a famous father. How could Vlad Sr. possibly make up when his son was born? Not trying to pile on but...
  19. Yeah he's on daytime TV where he says controversial stuff in a passionate way. Not so smart people tune in because they like his antagonistic hot takes or because they want the other guy to yell at him. Skip Bayless was even worse and ESPN offered him millions to stay before he went to Fox.
  20. Call me crazy but I don't like the largest sports platform in the country talking about batting average and RBI ad nausea. Have you ever watched Baseball Tonight or read a Buster Olney article? They are the type of people that s*** all over advanced stats because projection systems didn't care for the Royals who lucked their way to a WS win. Or how about an SJW rant by Keith Law? Jim Bowden was the Dave Stewart of his day and he's writing analysis for ESPN? They all pretty much suck. On a personal level I'm not going to relish in them losing their jobs but the less crappy people working there the better.
  21. I thought so at first but we can't because of the 2 games the next day. Stroman pitched the 23rd and is next up after the Latos/Lawrence duo. He won't be ready until the 28th.
  22. Oh yeah I guess you're right. Latos gets an extra day of rest but he's the only one because 2 games are being played tomorrow.
  23. Yeah the quirky aspects of the game weren't too bad I suppose. I wish Buster Olney would get the axe. He gets a fair amount of scoops though.
  24. For the love of god please tell me one of Latos and Lawrence is being skipped because of this.
×
×
  • Create New...