Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. That extension he and his agent got was an all-time great.
  2. Best Overall Poster: BTS Funniest Poster: Boxcar Nicest Poster: vdubmvp Best Foreign Poster: Bobthe4th Dumbest Poster: Most out of touch poster: Best Female Poster: vdubmvp Best New Poster/Rookie Of The Year: Comeback poster of the year: Most Annoying Poster: Best Troll: Best Mod: BTS (He's great at banning people. Doesn't overdo it but not afraid to use it when necessary.) Best infrequent poster: BigCecil Thread of the year: Best new board meme: Biggest disappointment (decent poster that slipped): Worst Overall Poster: Worst Troll: Best BJMB fantasy player: King Favourite poster: Boxcar
  3. Richard probably out WARs Shoemaker next year.
  4. Now let's trade Stroman to them for Baez and Allen.
  5. Dont expect a ton out of Shoemaker but at that price it won't matter. He's basically free he just needs to be healthy enough to warrant his roster spot is all. Hopefully we can get 15 starts out of him.
  6. Yep, I've been thinking this for a while now. I'm cool with it. I just hope we trade some vets. Rockies paid a lot for Murphy too bad we couldn't have worked something out with them for Smoak.
  7. That's the only downside to the deal from their perspective. They need to make more moves though. In some ways this is like a way better version of the deal AA made with the Marlins.
  8. Yeah I think they did well too. I'm surprised the Dodgers couldn't find something better for that package
  9. Why is this even the least bit controversial? Surely you guys know me well enough by now to know that I'm not some casual fan screaming at the Jays for signing AAA trash. Of course all teams do it. Matter of fact I think we should tank this year. But think about it, we traded Diaz for a fringe prospect who probably won't contribute this year, said we were looking for a veteran SS and subsequently signed Sogard. We also need SPs and have watched numerous backend guys get taken off the board. The Sogard signing certainly doesn't preclude us from acquiring anyone better than him but nothing I've seen, read or heard about this offseason makes me think we will. I'm sure Sogard's team discussed this with the Jays before he signed as well. Not that he has any pull but he's going to go where he has a shot to make a team. So yeah, I think we are going to suck this year and the Sogard signing makes me slightly more certain of that. I hope I'm wrong though!
  10. Been saying it for a while but moves like this are further cementing it.
  11. I had no idea Anibal Sanchez was a thing again. Now he's getting 20 mil.
  12. Yeah I am slightly worried about that. This could be an ugly year which would make for 3 bad years in a row. I just hope ownership will be patient because the fans aren't going to be.
  13. Beat writers usually suck but Gregor Chisholm might be the exception. Decent Q and A about the offseason. https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/news/who-will-stick-as-blue-jays-shortstop/c-301972254
  14. They need to increase the veterans committee to like 500 voters or more and make them from different eras. When you get 20 guys all from Baines' era it's easy for nepotism and good 'ole boys to vote each other in. Harder to do that with a bigger, more diverse pool of veterans who are voting.
  15. We need to put some rules in. A nominating process, a 75% threshold, etc. We need a small Hall, not a big one. Spanky is a surefire no doubt first ballot hall of famer though. No question.
  16. Like much of California, San Fran is a city of haves and have-nots. If you're pulling in millions a year it's probably a great place to be.
  17. The Romano's and Bergen's of the world exist everywhere and all the time. Old for their level AA pitchers that could become decent relievers. Big whoop. I like that the Jays are trying to exploit the system (Elvis' contract situation is the only reason a guy like him was exposed) by taking an actual 18 year old prospect with upside. Elvis could become a #3 starting pitcher. Romano wasn't even a very effective #3 SP in AA at age 25.
  18. It probably is bad for his development (although not catastrophic)but from the team's perspective what do they really care? It's the only way to get a player like him for free. And they can't feel too bad for him, they'll probably develop him better this way than the Royals would the normal way anyway.
  19. Yeah watching Tellez all year doesn't sound so appealing.
  20. Yanks and Red Sox are powerhouses and the Rays are going for it. I think it's the way to go too.
  21. The point is these guys aren't all that much worse than Smoak and are basically let go and picked up for close to peanuts. Smoak might be better but I doubt it means he nets a good return. I hope I'm wrong I'd love to see him traded for an actual prospect.
  22. Yeah I saw that on the Score App. Seems like a good fit but I can't imagine he carries a ton of value.
  23. Oh ok I thought his 2020 contract was guaranteed.
×
×
  • Create New...