Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. f*** that. We could have done it this year. Keep Pillar, bring in a better SP than dumpster diving for Richard and bring in a better late inning reliever than Bud Norris. That replaces like 3 negative WAR or so with like 4 to 5 positive WAR. We probably get close to like 78-80 wins instead of 70.
  2. I'll give them this year but there's no reason to have to go through this again. See what slop among the Teoscars and Gurriel's of the team sticks, at this point it doesn't look like much is going to, and then plug the holes accordingly next year with reasonable FA deals.
  3. Yeah for sure. Plus, the market was so down there were definitely deals to be had. A better SP instead of Richard, another late inning reliever, and an OF would have done wonders for the team instead of cheaping out on all three positions. As for the vets we currently have that you mentioned in your previous post: I'd try like hell to extend Stroman and Giles on team friendly deals right now. Our rotation and bullpen suck and we don't have a ton in the pipeline. Plus, both guys are young enough that a 3 to 4 year extension should lock them up for their prime years and give us the chance to be decent while the Vlad, Bo, Jansen, Biggio, Pearson core enters into their prime. Smoak I could go either way. He's solid but he's entering his decline years and guys like him are pretty cheap in FA. That said, he probably doesn't net much in a trade anyway. He'd probably sign a 1 or 2 year extension for peanuts again after seeing this market.
  4. Well said! Slightly surprised to see your timeline placed this soon but I'm in agreement. One year of scorched earth (which is this year), .500 next year, and then legit good in 2021.
  5. I voted 2021. They don't have to make the playoffs but I want to see a solid team on the field. That gives them two more trade deadlines and two more offseasons to simply field a solid team. I think that's pretty fair.
  6. Probably going to finish 4th for the 3rd year in a row after the WC appearance in '16. Cleared pretty much all the of the payroll off the books but for the Grichuk extension. Cultivated a consensus Top 3 Farm system but one that is highlighted by a generational talent that they inherited from the previous regime. How long of a leash do you give Shatkins? If we aren't contending by which year, when would you pull the plug?
  7. I'd be pretty worried about all of the series tbh. This team sucks.
  8. Doesn't sound like any of those guys are even somewhat close to returning.
  9. Jonathan Davis is hitting in AAA. I read he added a leg kick to his swing. I wonder if the improvements are real due to the change in swing. He can field and run and our OF sucks ass. Might be worth giving him a chance.
  10. Coffee and a small organic protein shake. Summer is coming so it's time for a little manorexia.
  11. I wonder how long we can run with this 3 man bench? Drury becoming an INF/OF helps. Sogard being able to handle SS helps too. If we optioned McKinney for another versatile guy, perhaps Gurriel, we might be able to run with it long term. If someone gets knicked up but doesn't go to the DL it's hard to do though.
  12. If Fangraphs wants to expand and do more than just statistical analysis this is the way to do it.
  13. If we are going to be spending this much time on bunting, I would like to see more bunting for hits. Particularly to beat the shift!
  14. How much more can the Raptors offer him because they hold his Bird Rights than other teams? Everyone thought Paul George was going to leave for LA but in the end it was like an extra 50 mil so he stayed. I think Leonard is probably gone but the Raps have a small chance in retaining him mostly because of the Bird Rights.
  15. Yeah he does seem to do fine with the bullpen. That's a pretty important thing too.
  16. Fist pumping and whooping it up after his ground ball
  17. That's a career season high in homers and he did it in less than 55 ABs lol
  18. I saw that he had 6 starts at 1st and was wondering what was going on. Also getting some run at 3B but only 2 games in the OF. A move to first really hurts his value, I wish he could at least give the OF a try. Does he have a poor arm or something? Given his stolen base numbers you'd think he'd at least have somewhat adequate range out there.
  19. Hmm. Looks pretty close to me but hard to tell. Definitely made it look harder than it was though.
  20. Yeah and it was compounded by the Morales signing. I like the job Shatkins is doing but yeah, that might be the worst move. Also kind of frustrating because it seems like it all shook out that way because Shatkins was simply in a rush to get Morales signed too.
  21. Too bad we couldn't have brought him back instead of Morales. Dude can hit and he had a good personality that was fun to watch.
×
×
  • Create New...