Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I hear you but that's not a good excuse IMO. When you sign injury prone 30-somethings like Buccholz and Shoemaker don't get caught with your pants down when they get hurt.
  2. The trades have been fine. They've traded a bunch of crap and got little in return. Looks like 2 guys might stick in Grichuk (an average regular who we have since locked up long term) and Thornton (a backend starter). They've basically ignored FA, despite prices being ridiculously low, so they could play Teoscar, McKinney, Gurriel, Drury, etc., none of which are panning out. It's almost remarkable that they've rolled the dice with over half the lineup and haven't hit on a single guy this year. Their moves to patch the rotation have been just as disastrous. Jonathan Davis being the leadoff hitter, making emergency May trades for Edwin Jackson and starting a knuckleballer like Feireband....yeesh. The end result is a s***** team with TONS of holes, a good but top heavy farm system that won't be able to patch all the holes, and a clean slate with the payroll. I'm not seeing a quick path back to .500 (or even being decent) here, especially with a bad rotation and bullpen that is only going to get worse once we trade Stroman and Giles.
  3. When the team is a dumpster fire little things get magnified. Now Atkins is throwing his manager under the bus over this lol. To think it all could have been avoided if Vlad simply would have been given the day off before or after.
  4. Roger Clemens started a game for them a couple years back too. I went to a game before, pretty nice park.
  5. Montoyo batting Jonathan Davis leadoff two days in a row.
  6. Lol geezus. If I gave you the first part of that tweet about bunting practice and told you to come up with a way to make it sound even worse I doubt any of us could actually beat the real tweet.
  7. That's a fair take. I do think keeping a Pillar, signing a better bullpen piece and another starting pitcher or something wouldn't have killed the long-term development of the franchise but let's just forget that and examine the players they did decide to role with. It's pretty damn remarkable at how badly they whiffed on all these guys. They all seem to be hit the ball hard types with plate discipline issues. Whatever Shatkins thought they could do to fix the plate discipline is failing miserably. As for re-shuffling the deck, I'm not sure how many more times they are going to be able to do that. Sub-.500 finishes and trending down in the win column will only be tolerated for so long. The bottom has fallen out and the franchise is in the toilet. We have like 4 or 5 good big leaguers on the 25-man, it's going to take a while to turn that around and for the first time since Shatkins has gotten here I'm questioning if they'll see it through.
  8. Yeah if they are out of it in September I could see him getting a 40 man callup and then calling it a career after a few ABs. I know the idea of him playing baseball was widely panned but I gotta say I'm pretty damn impressed with him. He hadn't played competitive baseball since high school, took more than 10 years off, and ends up being an average bat in AA. Remarkable athlete.
  9. Seems like they want to trade #1 and #2 as well. If that's the plan we are going to be bad for a long time. It seems like they want to align our years of contention with Vlad's prime when in reality they are simply wasting the first 2-3 years of Vlad's career. We only control him for 7 years, they should try and contend for as much of that 7 years as possible.
  10. Yeah I would just DH him 2 days instead of completely resting him for one if I had to pick.
  11. Steamer thinks he's a league average bat. Throw in mediocre left field defense and average baserunning and you have the makings of what would be our 4th best player or so. Letting him go when Teoscar, McKinney, etc. had options was a mistake. Not likely to bite us in the ass that badly but we sure could use something like a 1.5 WAR big league guy right now.
  12. I think it's partially what Bob has alluded to about them getting their bearings when it comes to MLB's brutal grind. But I think it's mostly because the idea that you need to play every day to better your development is a myth. Playing tired seems like a good way to develop some bad habits. I think keeping someone fresh is probably going to develop them best. This is just me spitballing though.
  13. They should probably run this team a little less like the Rays tbh. There's no reason for the only team in Canada to operate like the cheapest franchise in sports but here we are. I don't think they are as smart as the Rays anyway. On top of that, I'm not sure how it's even helping the big picture. We went into the year with loads of fringey big league pieces and none of them have panned out. Plugging a few holes this year would have lead to less to do next offseason. Instead we need add something like 8 viable big league pieces before we are somewhat decent. So not only does the full teardown this year make for some pretty unwatchable baseball, it's also going to make it hard for us to be any good next year too.
  14. This team sucks and Shatkins should be embarrassed with themselves
  15. The Jays are getting dragged hard over this lol
  16. I'm sure it's his final decision but he could have been made aware of the situation. Even with Sogard going down he had the perfect opportunity to fix it and still didn't.
  17. This is what happens when the team is run by American business people like Shatkins. They come across as tone deaf. Halladay goes in to the Hall w/o a logo, Vlad Jr. sitting on a Canadian holiday day game, etc. Is this particularly egregious? Not really but it is kind of a slap in the face to the few who actually are showing up to the game today.
  18. Yeah just DH him twice a week. Hell- 3 times a week if they have to, who cares, just keep his bat in the lineup.
  19. Throwing gasoline on this dumpster fire of a season.
  20. What caused this lovers' quarrel?
  21. Yep. I just posted similar thoughts in the CBS grade thread. Throw in Vlad Jr. off to a slow start and Bichette breaking his hand and there is almost nothing positive happening. I think the most exciting developments have been that Thornton might be proving that he can stick as a #5 starter and that Cavan Biggio might be proving that he can be a 2 WAR player in the bigs. Yippee.
  22. I disagree. Shatkins definitely was expecting something out of at least one of Teoscar, McKinney, Gurriel, Drury, etc. but all 4 have fallen flat on their face. Throw in Jansen looking like s***, Bichette breaking his hand and little else positive happening and this season has been a disaster. What's one thing going well right now? Maybe Thornton looks like a #5? Tellez looks like he could be a bench player in the NL as a pinch hitter? This season sucks. The only reason to pay attention is to see how well Vlad Jr. does and even he's off to a slow start. I think a D- is a little generous to be honest.
  23. Teoscar shipped out for Urena. Gurriel getting more versatile by playing the OF. This team sucks ass lol
  24. Is there a worse position group in baseball than our OFers?
×
×
  • Create New...