Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Easy to say in retrospect but they should have offered him the QO. 19.6M for 1 year when Taillon and Walker are getting for year deals for similar AAV is a steal. I don't think anyone predicated that the market would explode like this though. Angels so damn lucky to get Tyler Anderson for 3 years, 39 million.
  2. Ok the Kikuchi/White as the #5 news is BAD but I'm not surprised they aren't in on Rodon. Dude is going to get 150 mil in this market and his arm could fall off at any point. Rather than trading a C for an OFer, I think they need to trade one for a SP. I think Espinal should be dangled in a package as well.
  3. Gausman's deal is an absolute steal. I don't think we can say the same for Berrios though. He has 6 years, 112.2 million left on his deal (18.7 AAV). If he were a FA I don't think I'd like that deal very much. Yimi Garcia's deal is looking like a heist right now. Even Kikuchi's deal, even after the year he had, isn't looking like quite the shitstain that it did prior to this offseason. If he could turn it around and be serviceable as a #5, or turn into an above average reliever, it won't be that bad.
  4. In a market where Taijuan Walker got over 70 million I don't see the Astros trading 4 years of Luis Garcia for 2 years of Danny Jansen.
  5. The Marlins make a lot of sense. Pablo Lopez is apparently on the block and Jesus Sanchez is a lefty hitting OFer with some upside. I think he's more of a corner OFer but he and Springer could share CF this upcoming year. The Marlins will no doubt want Kirk or Moreno so if we want to move Jansen as the centerpiece for Lopez we'll have to add. Maybe something like Jansen, Espinal, Richards (if Strahm is getting 15 mil Richards is worth something to a cheap team in this market) and a prospect for Lopez and Sanchez?
  6. Yep, he had 70 good games last year and his Fanboys treat him like he's Johnny Bench. The truth is that his body is made of glass and he can't see for s***. We'll be lucky to get a ham sandwich for him at this rate.
  7. Matt Strahm is ass and just got 15 mil guaranteed. Montero is pretty mediocre and got over 30. Swanson is easily better than both of them and comes at a fraction of the cost. He’s worth a lot more than you’re giving him credit for.
  8. Tyler Anderson at 3 years and 39 mil is looking like a steal at this point.
  9. Good lord, 4 years at 17 mil a year for Taillon. At this point the Jays probably should have offered Stripling the QO.
  10. Dombrowski is just writing blank checks at this point.
  11. If you want to give 12-18 million to a guy who with a .260 OBP then yes you are a fanboy.
  12. If we signed him for 17.5M Jim and the other Fanboys would have been geeking out over it
  13. On a one year deal it's barely any different than 12M + incentives. And 12 is just a number that was thrown about. If 12 is ok, I'm sure 14 would have been too.
  14. Hilarious how all the Bellinger fanboys wanted him on some sort of 12 million dollar deal with incentives that could push it to 20. He signs for 17.5 and they all act like they are glad he didn't sign.
  15. lol what a dummy
  16. Heyman having a stroke while delivering the news
  17. #3 SP options are starting to dry up in FA. Jays might need to bring Stripling back.
  18. 2 year deal with an opt out for Heaney
  19. Sounds like the Giants and Cubs are our main competition. I could see him playing for either if they outbid us but of the three we seem like the best fit for him as we are both a contender and have a good ballpark for him.
  20. One of my berries was injured in a motorcycle accident about ten years ago (luckily my buddy showed up with his truck and we got out of there before the cops showed up). The doctors wanted to remove the injured nut because it no longer functions but I told him I'd kill him if he took it out. So I do have a full set of nads but only one works. But because my nuts are so damn big my T-levels are still 4x as high as your average 25 year old male according to the doctor lol.
  21. He probably loses more sleep over the 2020 election.
  22. It's basically the same thing. Laika left out the part which states, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." Canada's is probably better (if keeping criminals out of jail is your goal) because it is put in slightly easier to understand terms and then directly asks the person if they want to call a lawyer. The US's requires the slightest amount of deductive reasoning to hear the statement and then to take it and actually apply it to your current situation. A lot of criminals are too stupid to do that.
  23. I'd probably trade Tiedemann for him. I'm tired of having to dip in to FA every year for starters so I'd hate to do it and it would scare me shitless but he's a 20 year old pitcher and Reynolds projects for 4 WAR next year. 3 years of a guy like Reynolds is pretty damn valuable. I also have no idea what to make of Reynolds' defense. According to Statcast, he was average in '19 and '20, elite in '21 and horrible in '22. If his defense checks out and he's a guy we can play in center for the next three years I'd throw in Martinez on top of Tiedemann for him.
×
×
  • Create New...