Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. It was the right call but given the implications I think the ref should have kept the flag in his pocket.
  2. They are one of my favorite franchises other than the Jays. Probably the 2nd best franchise of all time after the Yankees despite having a market similar in size to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa, etc. I don't know how much the competitive picks have helped, it sure hasn't helped those other franchises to this level. They are a great example of "winning breeds winning." They have finished below .500 only once since the year 2000 (they won 79 games in 2007) and only 32 times since 1882. They used to be the southern and western most franchise so they had a large original fanbase that they've been able to maintain with all the winning. Also, their affiliates are strategically placed (i.e. AAA is in Memphis and they've got a big following there) which gives them more population to draw fans from. Add it all up and over time they've curated a large, hardcore fanbase that punches well above its market weight and allows them to continuously field competitive payrolls. They've shown that constantly trying to field competitive teams can be an effective long term strategy and one that the Jays should also try to do as well IMO. It just cultivates a better longterm fanbase than the compete-rebuild-compete strategy does.
  3. I respected his talent as a pitcher and he was also a great heel for the Jays. A guy I loved to hate. As a Jays fan I can't help but bring up him and Bautista going at it. Bautista owned him pretty hard with 4 homers and a .368/.571/1.000 line in 19 ABs vs. O'Day. This video has a lot of those highlights and the Orioles/O'Day action starts at about 1:30:
  4. Looking forward to the Fangraphs article on how the new dimensions will affect the run environment. I have no idea really but my best guess is that it will be a net positive for offense but nothing major. I believe next year they are reducing the amount of foul ground in the infield. That could boost the offense more than anything.
  5. The team hates Biggio. It's clear as day with the moves they make. And with his batted ball data I can see why even though he projects pretty well. The one thing he does do is walk but his OBP is dragged down by a brutal xBA of .214, .207 and .193 xBA for the past 3 seasons. He's one of those high walk/low BA guys that is right on the knife's edge of either being really good or being out of the league. You see it a lot with aging sluggers like Jose Bautista at the end of their careers. If guys like that can hit .230 they are damn good but if they hit .190 they're done. And Biggio is trending a lot closer to the .190 for 3 seasons running. Maybe the shift ban helps him but he hits the ball in the air so often I'm not sure how much it will help. If there is some sort of data that shows that he's going to get a big BA boost then I could be convinced to change my mind. So yeah I would do a Biggio for Barlow trade. Barlow's statcast page has a ton of red and he has successful closing experience showing he has the nerves to handle it, for whatever that is worth.
  6. There's no point in posting about The Sheriff's personal life anymore when I keep getting outdone by a real life version.
  7. Irvin going to give Kyle Gibson some competition for Opening Day starter.
  8. Yep I stand corrected.
  9. I don't see why he'd go in with the Jays. Doesn't seem like there is any ill will there but we are his last pick IMO. We traded him away and he had more accolades with the Braves. He'd be Tampa's only HoFer and lives there so I could see why he'd want Tampa over the Jays too.
  10. Since she was a widow no one wanted to offer any pushback at all. I think one reporter asked her a good question and he might have even had a couple of decent follow ups as well.
  11. The Phillies are kind of classless for going along with it as well. It's like when an acquaintance is needlessly and overly generous to the point it's awkward. In those instances the correct thing to do is politely decline.
  12. Yeah the fact that she had any say in it whatsoever is just absurd. He was on record as to wanting to go in as a Blue Jay and frankly what does she know about baseball to the point that she gets to choose what cap a HoFer gets to wear? She has zero credentials to make a decision like that. She clearly just enjoyed her time in Philadelphia more than she did in Toronto for personal reasons and that went into the decision. It also seems like because her and her kids are American that she felt like the Phillies could kiss her ass more easily moving forward. I don't have anything specific to point to in that instance but that was a general feeling I got at the time.
  13. Makes my blood boil every time I think about it
  14. Ok let's just calm down here a little bit lol
  15. He's gotten 7 games there with 5 starts in each of the past two years so it is possible. I've seen reports that they plan on playing him more there as well but given their outfield situation I'm not sure if they still plan on doing that. Bottom line is that I don't think it's anything you can count on.
  16. He wasn't bad they just gave him a ton of goofy dialogue like "Are you an angel?" and then a bunch of "Yippees!" The Phantom Edit is a really popular fan edit that takes a bunch of the latter out and it works a lot better.
  17. It's my favorite prequel but it's in desperate need of a quality edit. There's just too much Jar Jar and Kid Anakin and both are terrible. I've seen some fan edits that reduce the amount of dialogue from both of those two and it's a much better film. AOTC kind of sucks but Christopher Lee is so awesome as Dooku that I think he at least partially saves it. ROTS is a little overrated IMO. Younger fans get way too carried away with it by claiming it's better than the OT and it isn't even close to that level but it's still pretty good.
  18. Wow buddy attack me all you want but the Star Wars prequels were actually not that bad I don't care what you say
  19. I gotta say I've been waffling on what to do with The Sheriff lately but Dogg still trolling 20 years later gives me the inspiration I need to keep things going. Sorry all
  20. I think we had a Sox troll who went under the name of BeckettisGod? And an 11 year old Mr. Kim created and BeckettisDogg account in response? And nearly 20 years later here we are?
  21. Look at the Marlins 40 man roster right now. All of these guys except for their actual starting 2B are natural 2B with few exceptions. 2B- Arraez (he's more of a 1B/DH) 3B- Segura SS- Wendle CF- Jazz Bench- Berti, Groshans Minors- Xavier Edwards and Jacob Amaya on the 40 man 8 guys on the 40 man roster are 2B. The worst defensive player out of any of them is their actual starting 2B. I think Amaya might be an actual SS and maybe Groshans can handle 3B just fine (though his bat plays better at 2B)? So nearly 20 percent of their 40 man roster is occupied by second baseman. Lmao
  22. Yeah great point. If the defense was good this would make sense. But instead they are just playing a bunch of 2B out of position and making everything worse defensively.
  23. Kim has lost her mind. Marlins defense is going to be garbage.
×
×
  • Create New...