Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Tons of whining about pulling starters early but I guess no one meant Bassitt? All the whining comes from using our good relievers in all of these 1 run/extra inning butt clenchers without having an off day 9 games in a row?
  2. Did you even watch the game? The pen, including the guy we just acquired in a trade for a nobody prospect, was pretty damn good. Swanson didn't look amazing but let's be honest here, he got BABIP'd.
  3. I don't know who is a better defender tbh. Whit after moving from LF midgame (does that matter? idk) or Espinal after having played 2B all game? Espinal has graded out pretty damn good defensively in his career up until the limited sample this year. According to the metrics he had a GG caliber year at 2B last year. Whit also has generally graded out pretty well. Whit is definitely the better player so I suppose the remote chance that the game goes to extras should be a factor as you pointed out. Does giving Whit who is old a very small breather during this west coast road trip with no off days play a factor at all? Idk there either. So I guess we can hang Schneider for this but it doesn't seem like it's a total fiasco on his part unlike Game 2 of last year.
  4. Bassitt wasn't that sharp today (5.88 FIP). His ERA the first two times through the order is in the 3s and the 3rd time through it's well over 5. And oh yeah, he was at 105 pitches after issuing a leadoff walk that inning. I am no fan of Schneider but I don't get all the complaining about him not letting Bassitt pitch longer.
  5. So you are going to ignore all of the BABIP data I posted to argue semantics about what to call Espinal giving up on a play. Got it.
  6. White can go for sure. Just replace him with Pop or Green.
  7. Schneider managed this game fine. Bassitt, like most pitchers, starts to fade against lineups the third time through the order. Regardless, we got the ball to Eric Swanson (our closer that night since Romano was out) with a 4 run lead. Even then, Swanson pitched fine but the Dodgers got some BABIP ******** to drop. Rojas single - .150 xBA Smith single (Chapman error) - .210 xBA Taylor single - .250 xBA Even Outman's single had a less than 50% chance to be a hit. I guess you could blame Schneider for pulling Whit instead of Espinal? Probably not a ton of difference between the two unless you rely heavily on this year's limited sample. And what happened wasn't even a defensive miscue, it was just pure laziness on Espinal's part.
  8. I kind of dig the lineup tonight. Springer is in a rut, he's old and we are in the middle of a West Coast grind. A day off makes sense for him. Varsho has been stinking it up and with a lefty on the hill it makes sense to give him a day off too.
  9. I think we would need to give them Bassitt in return or something in order to offload some money.
  10. Somewhat interesting as a RHB this year and Whit replacement for next year but the problem with him is the team option for next year is pretty expensive at 14M. That's a pretty big number for a reclamation project.
  11. Idk but since he's not a slam dunk to be a late inning reliever either is it crazy to think that it might be worth a try? Would need to game it out more properly than this to make the proper decision but if he's got a 10% chance to be a 3 to 4 WAR SP, a 20% chance to be a 2 to 3 WAR SP and a 50% chance to flame out entirely is it worth trying if he's got a 10% chance to be a good closer, a 40 percent chance to be a good setup man and a 50% chance to simply be a middle reliever?
  12. Yeah it wouldn't make sense to trade for him. The team is fairly well positioned from a current roster (we've got some good players under control), finances (this isn't great but not bad) and prospect standpoint (also not great but things have improved a lot the past month) but trading for Ohtani throws that all out of whack.
  13. Like clockwork I make one (highly accurate) critique this afternoon about their golden boy and the three Co-Presidents of the Bellinger Fan Club come crawling out of their hole to start simping for their guy. I literally posted video evidence to back up the fact that he's getting lucky as hell (because you guys are either color blind or can't understand a Statcast page) and the three stooges come out and start chanting MVP while holding hands. Next thing you know they'll start s***ing on our very own Kevin Kiermaier again to make themselves feel better. Sad!
  14. Wow indeed! Someone has some 'splainin to do.
  15. Supercut of "rock star" Cody Bellinger lacing doubles all across the ballpark this year. What a talent he is. Great for baseball that he's back in MVP form. Great signing by the Cubs. It's a credit to their analytics team to know that he'd be able to repeatedly hit doubles like this to help propel him to a 60 point over performance compared to his xwOBA.
  16. Not sure how much we can glean from a single inning, but it's obvious that the Jays would likely change Genesis' pitch mix. Here is what he threw with the Cardinals: vs LHB Slider 47% 4-Seam 32% Curve 12% Sinker 8.5% vs RHB 4-Seam 33% Slider 28% Curveball 16% Sinker 12% Changeup 11% And here he is in his debut with the Jays: vs LHB Sinker 67% Slider 33% vs RHB Slider 50% 4-Seam 38% Curveball 13% (he threw against Chris Taylor in the first pitch of the AB to "steal" a strike) So right off the bat they simplified things for him by eliminating the changeup entirely and then using the curveball only as a show me pitch on a 0-0 count. The Sinker-Slider combo vs LHB vs Slider-4 Seamer vs RHB also sticks out.
  17. They obviously see something and their FO deserves some benefit of the doubt. But Pierce Johnson does not have a good track record. If we made the same deal the goblins of the board would have crawled out of their holes to talk about how s***** Atkins is.
  18. No because with our luck he underperforms his xwOBA by 60 points instead of overperforming it by that amount and he produces a WAR near zero. Would have also prevented us from signing KK and the entire thing would have been a tits up disaster. Everyone knows I'm right.
  19. I lean toward yes on Yimi. He's been good and the velo ticking up makes me think he's worth it. But 6 mil for a fringe setup guy isn't exactly chump change. Would depend on 40 man stuff and how the pen is looking next year.
  20. Oh I like to argue? You know how many Bellinger Fanboys take shots at me daily? It's not even what you see on the board. My PM's are filled with nasty Bellinger Fanboy messages. Some of them even found out where I live and have pulled all sorts of dirty tricks on me, including being swatted not once but twice. There's more too. I can't say too much (I'm getting ready to file multiple lawsuits) but his lawyer has even sent me cease and desist letters because he feels like I'm tanking his client's next contract. But I can't be intimidated and I won't stop so get used to it bud. I won't stop until I expose this waste of talent for what he is.
  21. He had a bad June which was mostly fueled by a .216 BABIP? July looks pretty good. And it's KK, he doesn't even need to hit to provide surplus value. He just merely has to stay on the field.
  22. I'd say let's make a bet but...
  23. The only reason it's a good bit of business is that he's over performing his xFIP by 60 points. He's got a .325 xwOBA with good defense and baserunning. That's not providing a whole lot of surplus value on an 18 million dollar contract. But if you think that's a steal how about a guy who signed for half the amount who has a .321 xOBA with even better defense? You must love that guy right? Want to take a guess on who that might be?
×
×
  • Create New...