Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. We are going to slap hit our way to the AL East title this year Connor and you're going to love it
  2. He doesn't seem that bad to me but the industry hates JD Davis.
  3. My thoughts are that you probably need another ban tbh
  4. Been a pretty good spring for the Jays. Gausman is having a slow start and Jansen got hurt. Manoah also continues to be a turd. But everything else is fine so far and the pitching depth looks much improved. Meanwhile: -Orioles rotation depth taking hits with Bradish and Means getting hurt -Rays have a ton of things going on, Deluca, Walls, Baz, Bradley, etc. -Red Sox lose Giolito, Grissom won't be ready for Opening Day -Yanks lose Cole for at least 2 months which is pretty devastating for them, Rodon looks cooked, Judge is already dinged up The playoffs will be easy to make
  5. Don't forget that we also have Bailey Ober (Bowden Francis)
  6. His elbow is f***ed and everyone knows it, even the Yankees. UCL injuries aren't acute, they are caused by repetitive stress. So it's not like he snapped off one particular slider at a weird angle that caused this specific injury and that with rest it will go back to normal. Over time his ligament has been put under duress and now it's to the point where it's damaged. The second he starts putting that ligament under duress again it's only a matter of time before it snaps. It happens all the time. Marlins tried resting Alcantara last year and the Orioles tried resting Bautista too. It didn't work. So the Yankees are going to prolong this a couple of months because they are desperate to get him back on the field. He'll come out and pitch for a little while but then he'll need Tommy John and he'll miss all of next year too.
  7. Wes Parsons has better stuff than the opening day starters for both the Red Sox and the Yankees.
  8. Baseball is a slow game with a very long season. I don't mind the players goofing off and having a loose clubhouse. When they are losing it can be frustrating as a fan, but baseball is kind of like golf. The harder you try doesn't necessarily mean the better you'll do. And quite often, being tense can lead to worse results if you start to get in your head and get frustrated.
  9. I think a good number of Catchers should become available closer to opening day as loads of them sign minor league deals and can opt out. Since we can guarantee an MLB roster spot to start, we could probably pick up one of the better ones (though they are all pretty bad). As for Serven, his spring stats are basically meaningless though the team would have more insight on if he's actually improved. Getting him away from the Rockies could unlock something. He was at one point a 40+ FV and projected to be a good backup with a defensive profile. The good defense seems to track in his limited action at the big league level (SSS alert). But his pop time and framing seem good and I don't think you need a lot of data for those to normalize.
  10. Wow so I take it I'm not going to get the apology I deserve from you?
  11. LOL I don't think so pal. You're not getting off this easy. You, as much as any other poster, were constantly on my ass about being pro-Kirk and anti-Jansen for MONTHS on end. When I typed my post out I had you in mind first and foremost. So quit lying and start apologizing.
  12. I've been telling you guys about Jansen being made of glass for YEARS and you dweebs just wouldn't listen. I expect full a full apology from each and every one of you Jansen Fanboys. You know who you are.
  13. The other thing about pitchers that teams are doing is that have seemingly abandoned pitch mixes which protect their arms better. I've read that sliders are the worst pitch for your arm but teams don't care anymore. They'll tweak the pitch to be more effective, even if it's worse for your arm, and then they'll have you throw it over 50% of the time if they think that's most effective. Protecting arms is such an inexact science that it would be hard to calculate this, but I wonder if it would be worth teams exploring pitch mixes that are easier on their arms. Pulling these numbers out of my ass, but it might be worth using a more arm friendly pitch mix if it give your frontline starter a 40% greater chance to avoid major injury, even if it makes him 10% less effective. I'm sure teams already do this when calculating their offers for FA pitchers. Gausman's fastball-splitter combo seems pretty arm friendly compared to a slider heavy guy. Might be worth targeting and developing minor league arms with arm friendly pitch mixes as well.
  14. A real life William
  15. Yanks delaying the inevitable TJS so he misses not only all of this year but most of next year This is what happens when you build your team around 300 million dollar superstars
  16. Cole is getting 2nd and 3rd opinions on his elbow, this sounds like TJ The Yankees can get bent, Danny Burgers destroyed their season lmao
  17. You jack asses keep posting about this and I keep checking the news and there’s nothing there. Knock it off. If anything they might just start him after the other 4 have a go first but it doesn’t seem like a big deal.
  18. Personally I’d like to aim higher than a middle relief “prospect” in his mid 20s who is made of glass. Pass.
  19. Sounds good to me. We fleeced the pants off of them for Mitch White and Alex the Jesus. Let's do it again.
  20. Will be cheering hard for 0fers for both Espinal and Horwitz so they get demoted in favor of Clement and Votto
  21. You got a source on Gausman? Last I read he said he’d be good to go for OD.
  22. Lux might need to go to AAA to start the year. He looks like he completely forgot how to play baseball.
  23. Wow I haven’t gotten to that level of Ernie Clement adoration yet but it does give me something to think about.
×
×
  • Create New...