Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. His attacks have been relentless, even if none of them have actually landed. I can't see any other way in which he can make this right other than through a Swiss Chalet gift card. If he has any class at all he'll do it but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  2. I believe this is correct. https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/designate-for-assignment#
  3. Going to be endless amounts of stories on the Orioles clubhouse culture.
  4. I want to like you Dean. But then you post insufferable s*** like this. No one said Zulu and Macko are on the immediate call up radar. They weren't even mentioned in the post you replied to. But you use them as a complete non sequitur so you can take a cheap shot all because you're a giant *******.
  5. So when I used the word "perhaps" it was a queue to alert any potential reader that I might just in fact be spitballing there. If you want to take it literal and attack me for it (even when you go on to agree with the sentiment!) feel free but it makes you look really nitpicky Dean. When I said I doubt that Zulu gets DFA'd I was referring to some of my posts like this one right here: https://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/11179-General-Blue-Jays-Discussion-Thread-(2024)?p=1778076#post1778076 I expect a full apology and if you have any class at all Dean you will make it sincere. Perhaps you should even send me a gift card to a classy establishment like Swiss Chalet or something.
  6. Wow, more attacks I've said I doubt Zulu gets DFA'd plenty of times but I do think it's time to start thinking about it. He's 26 years old and still can't hit the broad side of a barn. Also, if you look at the 40-man it's not an easy choice right now. The board consensus seems to be to DFA a 2022 All-Star infielder with a Steamer600 of 1.9 (higher than all our other infielders outside of Bo and Schneider). I'm not saying that's wrong but it makes about as much sense as DFA'ing a 26 year old relief prospect with 30 command.
  7. Would need to cut someone from the 40-man to add Clement but perhaps they could DFA Zulu or something instead of Espinal.
  8. So in the 3 ABs I've seen in Spring Training he hit a homer off Wheeler and then got a walk and a single against Gausman. The guy's spring slashline is 1.000/1.000/2.500 against bon a fide MLB aces. I've seen enough, bring him north.
  9. He was hitting the panic button after 5 games in February
  10. The rotation is proving to be incredibly deep and the power is back. Pretty much everyone is in the best shape of their lives and this team looks incredible. The World Series will be easy to make.
  11. And that's just to add Serven. If we want Vogelbach we need to make two moves.
  12. Yeah it'd be tough to dump a reliever with options. Especially as you go through the names. -Can't dump Pearson. -Zulu is still making Top 10 lists -Little has 3 options and is a lefty -Pop and Danner only have 1 option left, I guess one of them? Unless the org thinks Zulu or Little aren't worth keeping On the flip side we have shitloads of infielders, both on the big league bench and in AAA. And a lot of them are slap hitters with overlapping skills so it screams for a trade. We are probably just hanging on to them to see if anyone gets hurt, if not they'll accept one of the lowball offers they've been getting.
  13. Jimenez is definitely safe this year. Next year he is out of options so that could be a different story. But if he has a good year this year he'll be on the team next year as a league minimum bench player. But he's been a solid prospect to follow because his progression has been so linear. The hit tool, batting eye and short stop defense are all there. The big knock was his power but even that is improving. After hitting 1 homer in his first 4 years in the org he hit 6 in '22 and 8 in '23.
  14. An Espinal trade makes sense. We could also just trade Clement himself. Or maybe someone would want Lukes? On the pitching side I could see us trading Richards. Or we could DFA Pop or Little. Zulu is getting closer to the chopping block as well but he's probably got another season. And that's just to add Serven. If we want to add Vogelbach or Votto we'll have to make 2 moves.
  15. Yeah most of these other signings aren't exactly clear cut fits either. -Rosario's defense looks shot and the Rays are going to be playing him in the outfield and 2B as much as they will SS. Not sure he's cut out for 3B. -Tim Anderson got a full time SS job in the city of Miami; that opportunity eclipses what he would have gotten here. -Urshela is getting old and coming off a big injury.
  16. I hear ya but it is the one thing he inarguably does very well. We've got to see better results with player development and the onfield performance dept. Big year for Ross.
  17. It's also possible that the team that got a 45 homer season out of Semien, a Cy Young out of Robbie Ray, 2 WAR out of Belt, 2 WAR out of KK, etc. has hit on more short term deals again. Haters will point out the Morales and Roark signings which is fair but I think overall it's hard to criticize what Atkins has done in the FA market. Everyone is acting like the IKF deal is a guaranteed loss but if their internal projections are right they are going to be getting plenty of surplus value and will make these signings wins despite the slight overpay.
  18. I'm not saying signing IKF appeased anything. It clearly didn't. But most IKF haters are saying what a waste of money he was and how we could have waited and gotten a deal on Urshela or someone like that. But let's say we did wait and then signed Urshela. You would have been bitching all the same from November through February about not signing anyone (just like you were about signing IKF). Then when we did sign Urshela instead of Chapman you would have been bitching even harder.
  19. Ok let's say we waited out the market and didn't sign IFK and instead signed Urshela for a few mil. Same with KK and others. Under that scenario, the people bitching would have: -Been losing their marbles all offseason about Atkins not doing anything -They would have been furious when we signed Urshela instead of Chapman -Overall their panties would have been more more bunched than they already are
  20. Danny Jansen's head could literally fall off and his fanboys would still be suggesting contract extensions
  21. The timing of it is just so comically awful for the Yanks. They trade for one year of Soto and in that same year Cole gets hurt. The WAR gained from Soto is almost lost due to the injury to Cole.
×
×
  • Create New...