Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Waking up and checking the standings to see the Jays in a playoff spot despite half the team being hurt and our 500 million dollar man turning into Luis Arraez. Spanky and I tried telling you this all along but this team is going to be just fine. (Where is Spanky btw?)
  2. Yeah that's fair lol I'm pretty down on Corbin though
  3. MLB needs to investigate the Phillies. Completely unfair that we have to face their three aces while dodging their two gas cans.
  4. What do you guys think of my use of bolding names in this post? I am testing a few things out here and since I speak ball at a really high level I thought it might help you all follow along. Just trying to help because I'm a good guy.
  5. I don't know if the projections are that out of whack. They are projecting a .302 wOBA for him and his xwOBA was better than that just last season, he just got extremely unlucky. And yes, his numbers SUCK this year, but hopefully it's just a bad May slump that is dragging his numbers down. All that said, this isn't looking like the slick trade that I had hoped it would be. He's awfully expensive for a glove first player.
  6. Yeah, we’ve gotta keep SWR. His velo was up, his Stuff+ was 94 (up from 87 with the Twins), and his Location+ was 108 (up from 95). Seabold is the obvious cut and Macko (who is a little overrated right now) is optionable. Beyond that, I wonder if Corbin’s days are numbered. Doesn't seem fair but he’s looking like a fringe #5 again, and I’m not sure he fits in the bullpen. Even if Scherzer struggles and is IL'd, SWR and Bieber are probably better options than Corbin anyway and Yimi may be coming back as well. And if Corbin is throwing like junk, is he really worth cramming in the bullpen instead of just cutting him loose? If we get desperate to the point we need to go back to Corbin we could just use Chad Dallas and make a move at the deadline. There’s always the Phantom IL too (aka the Dodgers Special). Maybe Corbin would be open to that but I think Fisher and Miles could be good Phantom IL candidates as well. Fisher is on pace for 85 innings, and Miles is already at 41 after barely pitching in pro ball, though I bet the Giants are watching that situation like a hawk.
  7. Both the camera man and Ben Wagner should be jailed over that
  8. ☝️Didn't read the article lol
  9. The sad part is that he underperformed his xwOBA by about 40 points last year. But this year he is somehow overperforming against it, meaning he's actually been worse than what his baseline stats show. He was really bad in May. Hopefully that was just a slump and because we are still relatively early in the season it's dragging his overall numbers down. But the Jays had been platooning him until last night. We may see more of that moving forward.
  10. Good article from our friend Davy Andrews. He basically points to bad luck and a small sample size.
  11. Yeah hopefully Max is effective and they can give Bieber some more time. But he's also a FA entering the year so if we need to ride him a little bit I don't mind. Just need him to get through the season. But ideally Max is good by the time Bieber comes back and everyone is healthy and we could go with a 6-man rotation for a little bit and play some IL games.
  12. It was reported that Bieber could be ready after one more start in AAA. Scherzer will be on a short leash.
  13. Ah ok that makes sense then. If Yariel could get his head out of his ass and throw the ball for strikes once in a while he could be a good reliever. He was dominating AAA with that new splitter. Also, I think there is a chance that Hiney-man might head back to Buffalo as well when he is DFA'd for Kirk. If he's not claimed (and there is a decent chance he's not) he probably won't want to forfeit the remainder of his 1.24 mil salary this year. That's a lot of dough for a career minor leaguer.
  14. Pretty sure Yariel can elect FA since he was "previously outrighted".
  15. I think because Yariel was DFA'd before that he can now elect FA. So we will be eating about 15 mil over 2.5 years on that one. EDIT: This is fake news. He could elect FA but he'd also forfeit his salary. He's going to Buffalo.
  16. I think this is what the Jays are going to do: Corbin vs. Sanchez Cease vs. Wheeler Scherzer vs. Luzardo
  17. Never seen a team or its fanbase b!tch and moan as much as the Orioles did after blowing that game yesterday. It's not the ump's fault your starting SS completely forgot how to field for an entire inning or how your albino starting pitcher s*** the bed with a lead. Really pathetic stuff. **Orioles Fanboys cover your eyes** With an attitude like that it's no wonder that they have 0 playoff wins since 2015 (the Jays have won 20 playoff games during that same timespan).
  18. Ross really traded a slap hitting nepo baby who can't field for a switch-hitting C with elite defense and power Lmao
  19. I like this pickup but struggling #5 SPs without options aren't always easy to carry on the roster. Going to need to make some heavy use of phantom injuries (aka the Dodgers Special) to keep everyone.
  20. Young vs. Yesavage Bradish vs. Miles (bulk pitcher) Baz vs. Gausman
  21. I'm almost positive that if we DFA Yariel again then he can select Free Agency since we already did it once. https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/designate-for-assignment I agree on not everything going smoothly. Someone will get hurt, but even so we have 3 pitchers back next week and two more to follow. Add in SWR and that's 4 next week and 6 by the end of the month. Seabold, Dallas and Macko are the obvious guys we can move, but after that it gets tricky.
×
×
  • Create New...